The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Computer science (Networks) at hertfordshire Sep 2016

Hi i have applied to do computer science at Hertfordshire and was wondering if anyone has done this course?

If so, what is the timetable for 1st year students, do they have to come in twice or three times a week?

How are the facilities?

How are the lectures?

Some general feedback about computer science at Hertfordshire would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,
Original post by bigboy887
Hi i have applied to do computer science at Hertfordshire and was wondering if anyone has done this course?

If so, what is the timetable for 1st year students, do they have to come in twice or three times a week?

How are the facilities?

How are the lectures?

Some general feedback about computer science at Hertfordshire would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,

I've done this.
Basically, timetable is roughly 3 (potentially 4) times a week.

Computers are high spec, Monitors are 24" (1080p), good amount of software (you can always install your own portable software).

Only downside, labs are usually VERY busy towards exam season so you may end up using the LRC computers which aren't so great.

Lectures - Meh. Then again, I never paid attention in lectures as I found them boring (too much waffle!)

I would recommend don't hang around the wrong crowd, try smash your first year so you can secure a placement.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Just wondering as i will be commuting everyday from slough to university of Hertfordshire, how is the traffic in the mornings?

Is there student parking facilities? If not, can i park some where on the streets?

Also when does the university day end and finish for computer science studnets, so for example lectures starting at 9am then finishing at 10am, then re-staring at 1pm. Is the day just 3hrs long or is it spread out throughout the day?

Also i was thinking about going to Middlesex university to do CS, what do you think stick with Hertfordshire as firm choice?

Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bigboy887
Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Just wondering as i will be commuting everyday from slough to university of Hertfordshire, how is the traffic in the mornings?

Is there student parking facilities? If not, can i park some where on the streets?

Also when does the university day end and finish for computer science studnets, so for example lectures starting at 9am then finishing at 10am, then re-staring at 1pm. Is the day just 3hrs long or is it spread out throughout the day?

Also i was thinking about going to Middlesex university to do CS, what do you think stick with Hertfordshire as firm choice?

Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

-------------
Mornings are hectic around the whole U.K.
Your journey will most likely be 45 mins, so your best bet is to leave before any traffic kicks in.

General Tip: Don’t leave uni at 5pm - 6.30pm, leave before or after… or you’d just end up in traffic.

-------------

Yes there is parking facilities (800 spaces), only costs 50p per day.http://www.herts.ac.uk/contact-us/visitor-parking/park-and-rideIf you come early (9am) you can park on several roads around the uni e.g. Tomsfield

In addition to, 2 other paid car parks (£3 whole day)
-------------
Timetables are generated randomly, wherever they can find space. 1 day could be spread out, and the other day could be 3 hours straight.

-------------

Middlesex and Herts are really similar in terms of ranking there is no clear winner unfortunately.I’d suggest go to:
a) Whichever is closer or more convenient for you
b) Where your friends are going.
If not you can always do a year in Herts, and transfer to Middlesex after.
-------------
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending