The Student Room Group

How do you deal with exam nerves?

I have many exams coming up and would like to know how you deal with your exams. I just get really nervous and end up getting sick from the nerves before the exam.

Like my head just does not like exams -.-

Scroll to see replies

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/pages/coping-with-exam-stress.aspxthis is primarily for parents but it might be useful for them to read so they can spot when you look stressed at home and be able to help.
otherwise, make sure you bring a bottle of water to each exam, and tissues in case you get a cold from a weakened immune system (mine goes pretty low at exam time), I get my tissue packs from Boots and they are Kleenex balsam and menthol, I like them best because they smell minty so I can just sit and take time to breath in the smell if I need to. I know they don't encourage toilet breaks in the middle of your exam but if you do find you may have a breakdown or be sick then I'd encourage going out of the exam and having a moment in the toilets to just sit and relax and maybe wash your face since it makes me feel more refreshed
Hope this helps and if you ever need any help you can always pm me :smile:
I usually freak the **** out :frown:
Original post by urbanlocations
I have many exams coming up and would like to know how you deal with your exams. I just get really nervous and end up getting sick from the nerves before the exam.

Like my head just does not like exams -.-

I had my routine, around 10 mins beforehand I'd go do a big poo - being alone in a cubicle is good for nerves I find, rather than spending time around your classmates and having their nerves affecting you
Reply 4
i normally eat loads of haribos to get loads of sugar in me. once i tried bud ( dont try it) but i ended up falling asleep in my exam, i was pretty blazed lol.
Original post by AthiaKarim
I usually freak the **** out :frown:

Same I hate them!! give me an assignment any day :frown:
Same I hate them!! give me an assignment any day :frown:

Assignments are worse lol! I always putt them off till last minute. But they are way less stressful than exams :smile:
I don't which is why I'm a hot damn mess before an exam. :redface:
I revise... Nerves = you're not ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AthiaKarim
Assignments are worse lol! I always putt them off till last minute. But they are way less stressful than exams :smile:

I just had my mock test for programming.

I have so failed life. It was like an English guy (me) reading Arabic for the first time.

I am screwed:frown:
Original post by mkap
i normally eat loads of haribos to get loads of sugar in me. once i tried bud ( dont try it) but i ended up falling asleep in my exam, i was pretty blazed lol.

how much did you drink!
Reply 11
Original post by shawtyb
how much did you drink!

im on about weed lol
confidence + learning how to not give a ****
I've thought that I bombed a lot of my exams, but I really didn't, even in the situations of forgetting my pens and being given a pen that didn't work for about half the exam, and an exam where I finished like 30 minutes early (2 hour exam).
+ even if you fail an exam, if you're at uni at least, you have plenty of chances to repair your course average.

also, you have to know that, if you're doing a humanities subject at least, knowing how to write a really good essay in terms of its structure can mean that even if you don't know what to write in terms of answering the question, it will make it *seem* like you at least know how to answer an essay question structurally. that goes a long way. even if you know exactly how to answer an essay question but you don't know how to structure your work, you'll not do very well. I've learned that too well. so basically, if you burn the theory of essay writing into your mind/memory, you're kind of sorted. take it from me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mkap
im on about weed lol

omg haha!! i smoked it AFTER my exams (off the school property), friend went all weird, got caught out, grassed me up and we both got expelled then when my mum found out she kicked me out and i had to walk 8 miles in the snow to my ex at the times sisters house
Reply 14
Original post by shawtyb
omg haha!! i smoked it AFTER my exams (off the school property), friend went all weird, got caught out, grassed me up and we both got expelled then when my mum found out she kicked me out and i had to walk 8 miles in the snow to my ex at the times sisters house

lol thats awful, used to love seshing back in the days, dont anymore though, ive become a good girl lol
Original post by mkap
lol thats awful, used to love seshing back in the days, dont anymore though, ive become a good girl lol

you dont look like you would at all haha iv had a dark past with drug use but im all squeaky clean now :smile: since having kids actually
stressed = alert

in my book, at least.
Reply 17
Original post by shawtyb
you dont look like you would at all haha iv had a dark past with drug use but im all squeaky clean now :smile: since having kids actually

same i used to get high bc of the stuff i was going through, thats good that your putting your kids first, you must be an amazing mother :smile:
Original post by mkap
same i used to get high bc of the stuff i was going through, thats good that your putting your kids first, you must be an amazing mother :smile:

i think i could definatley out do you on this front haha.
infact the moment i found out i was pregnant, i went cold turkey. that was pretty hard but at this point i was 6 1/2 stone. if i didnt fall pregnant, id probably be in a crack den :/
I just had my mock test for programming.

I have so failed life. It was like an English guy (me) reading Arabic for the first time.

I am screwed:frown:

Lmaoo awww :frown: don't get upset about it!

Does it count towards your final grade? Or can you retake? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending