The Student Room Group

Do you have a best friend?

I've had about 3 best friends in my lifetime through school, college, uni but eventually drifted from all of them. I haven't had a best friend for about 2 years now, at work I've made friends and I do have quite a few friends from my time.

But I miss having that one person to talk to all the time about anything and everything and being able to rely on them and just letting all my walls down without feeling needy at all.

That got me thinking, as we get older do best friends just become a thing of the past? Do you have a best friend? If not do you feel like you would be better off with best friend or would you rather just prefer independence?

I know the majority of the time when your in a relationship the other half tend to become your best friend, but if you break up then you've lost a best friend?
Yes, she's been my best friend for around 14 years! She has been the only friend I've had to always stick by me, and she's currently the only friend I've got :smile:
Don't think so; I have too many friends to commit myself more to one person in particular.
I don't have a best friend :frown: It doesn't bother me though to be honest, I've had a few over the years and we usually grow apart, especially as we've just grown up and went to different schools/colleges etc. Now I just have a handful of friends who I talk to.
Aside from my husband, who is ultimately my best friend, I sort of do.

It's a bit complicated. My friend is...well...undoubtedly my best friend, I haven't anyone closer, and I've told him he's my best friend, but I have a feeling he has friends in his own personal life that he's closer to than me. We don't live near each other.
Nope. Never have either.
Reply 6
My partner is my ultimate best friend and he was my best friend before we starting dating too but besides him I do have one other very close friend and after that I have a lot of acquaintances.
I've had the same BFF since I started secondary school - we've been besties for 15.5 years now :eek: :shakecane: :yep:

I have had someone who I was much closer to than my BFF but that person didn't treat me well, whereas BFF does :love:
yes I love her so much !!!
we've been best friends for about five years I think, basically since we first met :tongue:
I have one best friend whom I have known for 13 years. Our friendship is one that even if we don't converse in a year, we still know everything and get on just as well.
Then I have two other best friends who I've grown super-close to since year 9 but I doubt those friendships will remain once we all go our separate ways in a few years.
Reply 10
yes shes been my best friend since i moved high schools in year 10! i love her so much, i also have another few best friends i have made along the way, ive not drifted apart from any of them :smile:
I have a friend who I see maybe, once a year, who I can tell all my feelings to, but we argue a lot too. Do you think that counts?
Original post by Anonymous
I have a friend who I see maybe, once a year, who I can tell all my feelings to, but we argue a lot too. Do you think that counts?

My best friend and I used to argue too, it's okay to an extent until it starts affecting you.

My best friend turned out to be using me and never regarded me as their best friend so I broke it off, I miss their company a lot but I think I'm never going to have another best friend after this experience.
well apart from my mum no..
and that is intentional :redface: i just end up getting hurt/betrayed when i get too close to ppl so i just keep out of it, can't do all that again :redface:
Yes, we've been best friends for 17 years already. She's my neighbour, by the way:h:
Don't have any friends, let alone a best friend.
Original post by similarBlank
Don't have any friends, let alone a best friend.

Would you like a friend? :smile:
I have one friend who's been there for me for over five years now. While we may go months without talking to each other at times, we still know nearly everything about each other :smile:
Um..
Well, i have a couple VERY close friends, a big gang of friends that will always have my back, and a few, send them cards on christmas friends. 'Best friend' is just a title. As long as you have friends who make you happy, there i no need to put a title on them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending