The Student Room Group

UK Homelessness

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
They are classed as vulnerable people as they are homeless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Homeless in general isn't the number 1 priority in housing/sorting out bed and breakfast. The high risk categories are about to be evicted with kids or about to be evicted as a women or being elderly and having no where to live. Homeless men, especially ones who have previously had council housing are not a priority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KimKallstrom
You need to get this chip off your shoulder or you won't just be failingstudent, you'll be failinginlifeforever.

I've accepted it won't change but it still exists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Failingstudent98
Homeless in general isn't the number 1 priority in housing/sorting out bed and breakfast. The high risk categories are about to be evicted with kids or about to be evicted as a women or being elderly and having no where to live. Homeless men, especially ones who have previously had council housing are not a priority.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so your saying homeless women get priority over a homeless man why is this .
Original post by mstone12
so your saying homeless women get priority over a homeless man why is this .

Because the reason a women is homeless is more likely to be due to a reason that gives them higher priority (such as domestic violence), also although it's not official I know council workers who will favour giving the women the place in accommodation over the man purely because life in the street is tougher for a woman. Rape and physical crimes are more likely to happen as (lets face is Feminists) women are on average much weaker then men (so can not defend themselves against abuse or theft) and are less emotionally stable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because the reason a women is homeless is more likely to be due to a reason that gives them higher priority (such as domestic violence), also although it's not official I know council workers who will favour giving the women the place in accommodation over the man purely because life in the street is tougher for a woman. Rape and physical crimes are more likely to happen as (lets face is Feminists) women are on average much weaker then men (so can not defend themselves against abuse or theft) and are less emotionally stable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

life in the street in winter is tough for anyone just saying some women could get raped etc isn't really a valid excuse for favoritism.
Original post by mstone12
life in the street in winter is tough for anyone just saying some women could get raped etc isn't really a valid excuse for favoritism.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote I said it is harder, that's not dismissing that it is hard for men it's just more difficult for women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You clearly didn't read what I wrote I said it is harder, that's not dismissing that it is hard for men it's just more difficult for women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was homeless myself last year i disagree you cant just say its harder for someone based purely on gender
I see so many homeless people in my town centre
Reply 28
Original post by paul514
Correct I am talking about facilities where the homeless would live for intensive mental health care and drug rehabilitation rather than support groups and a weekly appointment to see a counsellor which largely doesn't work for these people.

Would they be allowed to leave?
Original post by L i b
Would they be allowed to leave?

That's down to the policy makers.

If it were me they would be sectioned

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest