The Student Room Group

guys - would a lack of sexual partners put you off a girl if you were really experien

So I've got into a new relationship and it's with a guy who is way more sexually experienced than I am. I find it intimidating and whilst I really want to sleep with him I am worried I won't be very good.

I've not slept with many men mainly because I've been in long term relationships for the majority of my active sex life. Just because I haven't slept with many men doesn't mean I'm not a sexual person. I've had really good sex lives in my few relationships but never with a guy who was really experienced so it's the first time it's intimidated me.

Any advice on how to get over this lack of confidence? Experienced guys - would it bother you find a girl wasn't as experienced?
It wouldn't really matter to me whether or not a girl was "less" experienced. The most important thing is communication, trust and openness between two people. People can be very different when it comes to their likes/dislikes in bed, therefore the hundreds of previous sexual partners you've had in the past may not count for much in a new relationship, because your new partner might have completely different preferences and tastes which you will discover as your relationship becomes more intimate. Regardless of 'experience', being with someone new is always going to be a learning curve, In a very unique and meaningful way.

That said, I think it would put me off if I found out someone I was dating was a virgin.
It would just feel like I was under too much pressure, so I'd definitely prefer my partner to have had at least some sort of experience.
A lot of men (including me) would prefer inexperienced girls for relationships...
Reply 3
Original post by insert-username
It wouldn't really matter to me whether or not a girl was "less" experienced. The most important thing is communication, trust and openness between two people. People can be very different when it comes to their likes/dislikes in bed, therefore the hundreds of previous sexual partners you've had in the past may not count for much in a new relationship, because your new partner might have completely different preferences and tastes which you will discover as your relationship becomes more intimate. Regardless of 'experience', being with someone new is always going to be a learning curve, In a very unique and meaningful way.

That said, I think it would put me off if I found out someone I was dating was a virgin.
It would just feel like I was under too much pressure, so I'd definitely prefer my partner to have had at least some sort of experience.

Thanks for the reply. Reassuring to hear. Interesting to hear your comment about a virgin. I guess I understand.
Original post by Bealzibub
A lot of men (including me) would prefer inexperienced girls for relationships...

Out of curiosity, why?

And what is classed as inexperienced? I've never really thought of myself as inexperienced (I've slept with five men. All have been in relationships), but compared to him it's nothing and makes me feel inexperienced.
Reply 4
Not really about how many men a girl has slept with but how she performs in bed. An experienced girl could be lazier then the a non experienced girl though unlikely and there's nothing more boring then a lazy shag.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the reply. Reassuring to hear. Interesting to hear your comment about a virgin. I guess I understand.

Out of curiosity, why?

And what is classed as inexperienced? I've never really thought of myself as inexperienced (I've slept with five men. All have been in relationships), but compared to him it's nothing and makes me feel inexperienced.

5 is a decent amount dw, doesn't mean you're inexperienced at all

ew wtf how many girls has he put his dick in?
Reply 6
Original post by alkaline.
5 is a decent amount dw, doesn't mean you're inexperienced at all

ew wtf how many girls has he put his dick in?

15. Just intimidated me a bit.
Why would you consider the fact he's been with 15 women as more experienced compared to the amount you've slept with? For all you know it could have been very mediocre sex compared to what you were having.... Not the best example, but I started my job the same time as another dude at work and he still hasn't come to terms with the basics whereas I've learned so much.
Reply 8
Original post by phunky_fresh
Why would you consider the fact he's been with 15 women as more experienced compared to the amount you've slept with? For all you know it could have been very mediocre sex compared to what you were having.... Not the best example, but I started my job the same time as another dude at work and he still hasn't come to terms with the basics whereas I've learned so much.

I guess I consider it more experienced then me yeah, although I get what you mean about how it could have been mediocre.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending