The Student Room Group

Why does mothers day get more attention than fathers day?

Scroll to see replies

Is it not because mothers are more bothered?

I do the same for my dad on father's day as for my mother on mother's day, but I'm sure the latter would be much more (at least outwardly) annoyed if I didn't bother.
Simple. Most mothers do a lot more for their family than most fathers.
matriarchy
Very true dont understand i mean i love my mum and dad but most people love there mum.

Used to think it was because there is more girls and there role models are their mum so... oh idk
Original post by Airmed
Not necessarily true. Yes, I have a biological mother, but that's it. She doesn't give two shits about me and I don't give a damn about her. She means nothing to me. It was my daddy who raised me, my sister and my brother.

I'm very sorry to hear that the relationship between you and your mother is in such a poor state. Has it always been this way and is there no hope of repairing it? I agree, there are also some failed mothers out there but generally, its failed fathers who proliferate.
Reply 45
Original post by Limpopo
I'm very sorry to hear that the relationship between you and your mother is in such a poor state. Has it always been this way and is there no hope of repairing it? I agree, there are also some failed mothers out there but generally, its failed fathers who proliferate.

I haven't seen her in 13 years, no hope in hell.
Reply 46
My mum, I feel, has just been a better parent? Though I don't neglect my dad on Father's Day, I naturally make more effort for my mum because I feel closer to her.

Also because I live with her maybe? Although when I was younger I wasn't given a choice, I'd have still chosen my mum. I certainly love my dad though, I just feel my whole life my mum has been more supportive.
Original post by Airmed
I haven't seen her in 13 years, no hope in hell.

Well you know, you only get one of them and when they are dead and gone,,well there is no fixing it...
Original post by Limpopo
Well you know, you only get one of them and when they are dead and gone,,well there is no fixing it...

But if it's your choice to not see them, then you only have yourself to blame if you don't fix it and if you're happy with it that way I don't see a problem...
Reply 49
Original post by Limpopo

Original post by Anonymous
But if it's your choice to not see them, then you only have yourself to blame if you don't fix it and if you're happy with it that way I don't see a problem...

Her bridges are burned with me. She was an alcoholic, paid no child support even though she was court ordered to, and last I heard 7 years ago she was getting remarried. We weren't allowed to contact her until we were 16, but not once has she bothered with me. I'm 20 this year, and I'm doing great without her. She knows nothing about my education or what uni I'm at, and it's wonderful.
Original post by Airmed
Her bridges are burned with me. She was an alcoholic, paid no child support even though she was court ordered to, and last I heard 7 years ago she was getting remarried. We weren't allowed to contact her until we were 16, but not once has she bothered with me. I'm 20 this year, and I'm doing great without her. She knows nothing about my education or what uni I'm at, and it's wonderful.

The last bit sounds so familiar - I'm younger than 20 though, but it all kicked off properly when I was 9, though it had been going on since birth
Reply 51
Original post by Anonymous
The last bit sounds so familiar - I'm younger than 20 though, but it all kicked off properly when I was 9, though it had been going on since birth

I think it was going on since birth for me too but really kicked off when I was 6. Ended up moving countries because of it.
Original post by Airmed
I think it was going on since birth for me too but really kicked off when I was 6. Ended up moving countries because of it.

Ahh that's bad, but I suppose it makes you stronger knowing what's happened :smile:
Well, I don't really bother with my dad but I've got my reasons for not doing so. Personally, as a nationwide thing, I think it should be more equal, but I can understand why some people don't feel the need to bother with a parent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending