The Student Room Group

Are these A-levels good?

Hiyaa,

I want to take English Literature, Maths, Media and Business Applied. I have no idea what I wanna be when I'm older soo.. where can this lead me?

Thanks x
Original post by Ghizlan_Mz
Hiyaa,

I want to take English Literature, Maths, Media and Business Applied. I have no idea what I wanna be when I'm older soo.. where can this lead me?

Thanks x

Journalism, IT, Finance, can do most things with maths tbh
As long as you hold an interest in each subject, you honestly don't need to think about the future. That would stress you out. Just pick subjects you find interesting and enjoy. As far as career and university (if that's where you want to go) then all subjects are broad, particularly with the ones you've mentioned. Apart from strict subjects such a medicine etc, you don't need a specific set of subjects. Most people who do choose specifically, already have a firm idea of where they're heading. Even so, that can change.

Basically, anything that you can see a way forward with, in future. And you enjoy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
English literature teacher, Law, Engineer, Diagnostic Radiographer, Computing,
You can also take a look at the UCAS website and find a course that you are interested in and you can see if the unis have specific subjects they would like you to have, I have posted the link if you want to take a look.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/choosing-course
Reply 4
Original post by Sana_Akram
English literature teacher, Law, Engineer, Diagnostic Radiographer, Computing,
You can also take a look at the UCAS website and find a course that you are interested in and you can see if the unis have specific subjects they would like you to have, I have posted the link if you want to take a look.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/choosing-course

Thank you so much
Reply 5
Original post by StudentFZ
As long as you hold an interest in each subject, you honestly don't need to think about the future. That would stress you out. Just pick subjects you find interesting and enjoy. As far as career and university (if that's where you want to go) then all subjects are broad, particularly with the ones you've mentioned. Apart from strict subjects such a medicine etc, you don't need a specific set of subjects. Most people who do choose specifically, already have a firm idea of where they're heading. Even so, that can change.

Basically, anything that you can see a way forward with, in future. And you enjoy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it bad that I have no idea what I want to do in the future? a lot of people are telling me that my options are too broad and may cause a lot of problems in the near future. Thanks btw :smile:
Reply 6
maths is your ticket
Reply 7
Usually, science courses require two sciences so if science isn't something that you want to go into, then your options are perfectly fine.
Original post by Ghizlan_Mz
Is it bad that I have no idea what I want to do in the future? a lot of people are telling me that my options are too broad and may cause a lot of problems in the near future. Thanks btw :smile:

It's not that bad that you're not sure about what to do, I changed my mind quite a few times about what I wanted to do and that happens with a lot of college students, and yes your subjects are broad but don't think about it as a problem, think of it as giving you a range of options. Why don't you start thinking of what sector you would like to go into e.g. healthcare, teaching, and then you can think further and decide what you want to study at uni or just generally what you would like to do in the future. Look at which subject you enjoy the most and you do best in.

Good Luck
Reply 9
Original post by Manexopi
Usually, science courses require two sciences so if science isn't something that you want to go into, then your options are perfectly fine.

Yeah, Science isn't where I'm going into at the moment. I might change business to History since I'm interested in journalism and writing. Essay subjects are what I seem to enjoy.

Thanks very much. You've been great help xx

Quick Reply

Latest