The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone studying Graphic Design (Illustration) or staying at The Grange?

I got an offer (conditional) from DMU after sending my portfolio to study Graphic Design (Illustration)... just wondering if anyone else here is going to be studying it? :tongue: I've accepted DMU as my first choice :smile:

Also is anyone staying at The Grange? I'm in B block!
Original post by gllewellin
I got an offer (conditional) from DMU after sending my portfolio to study Graphic Design (Illustration)... just wondering if anyone else here is going to be studying it? :tongue: I've accepted DMU as my first choice :smile:

I'm hoping to do graphic design and am thinking of going to the grange but can't choose whether to go en-suit or not.. i kinda want the money but also want my own bathroom haha
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm also going to be staying in the grange but I'll be in block C, does anyone know If it's any good? :biggrin:
I have an unconditional for September which I've confirmed as my firm choice 😁😁
Reply 4
I'm a bit worried as it says my contract begins at the end of September but it says my course begins at the beginning of September 🙃
I'm sure if you contact them they'll sort it out :smile: I'm hoping to stay at grosvenor house and the move in date is mid august
Reply 6

I got a conditional offer for illustration too! I waiting to visit the faculty, as I couldn't make any of the open days - does it seem like a good course?

I've not yet made accommodation arrangements yet - as I have no idea where to start looking :confused:
Original post by becklebee
I got a conditional offer for illustration too! I waiting to visit the faculty, as I couldn't make any of the open days - does it seem like a good course?

I've not yet made accommodation arrangements yet - as I have no idea where to start looking :confused:

Well done for your offer! i havnt visited either but will be in end of may :smile: and good luck with accommodation think pretty much everywhere is gone...hope to see you in September :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by tomhadaway
Well done for your offer! I haven't visited either but will be in end of may :smile: and good luck with accommodation think pretty much everywhere is gone...hope to see you in September :smile:

Yeah you too! I'm visiting hopefully the second week of may. As for accommodation I've had a look and there are still some places, just not accommodation linked with the uni. They're mainly all new builds and actually tend to be the same price as the older accommodation. So I'm just waiting to here back that Student Finance has my signed form then I can apply :smile: So its all good, all chill :yy:
Reply 9
Original post by becklebee
Yeah you too! I'm visiting hopefully the second week of may. As for accommodation I've had a look and there are still some places, just not accommodation linked with the uni. They're mainly all new builds and actually tend to be the same price as the older accommodation. So I'm just waiting to here back that Student Finance has my signed form then I can apply :smile: So its all good, all chill :yy:

Sorry I've only just checked my sr account, I got an unconditional now as my results (I did a BTEC) have been confirmed so I'm definitely doing graphic design and illu. at de montfort :smile: have you got accommodation sorted? If not look at the grange cause I'm staying there and we have our own group chat on Facebook :smile:
Sorry I've only just checked my sr account, I got an unconditional now as my results (I did a BTEC) have been confirmed so I'm definitely doing graphic design and illu. at de montfort :smile: have you got accommodation sorted? If not look at the grange cause I'm staying there and we have our own group chat on Facebook :smile:

Theres a forum run by ucas i think, called campus society and were all on there if you wanna come chat now youve accepted :smile: theres 4 of us in there on the course already! and a chat for de montfort
Reply 11
Original post by tomhadaway
Theres a forum run by ucas i think, called campus society and were all on there if you wanna come chat now youve accepted :smile: theres 4 of us in there on the course already! and a chat for de montfort

Ah thank you so much!! I'll look now :smile:
Reply 12
I'm studying Graphic Design and Illustration at the Grange ;D Glad I won't be the only one. Block B though :>
Reply 13
Hey guys ! I'm at the grange too ground floor though 😩
Reply 14
Hey guys, ill be staying at the grange aswell in C Block =D
Original post by Fraki
I'm studying Graphic Design and Illustration at the Grange ;D Glad I won't be the only one. Block B though :>

Hey we have a group chat on Facebook! I have sent you a message :smile:
Reply 16
Hey, I'm doing graphic design as well, have we been given anything from the uni about the course 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending