The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Lol what a joke, Wenger criticising the fans for the lack of atmosphere but supporting the cost of tickets at the same time. The pricing out of our hardcore is what has caused our fans to become a laughing stock.

Agreed, the price of tickets charged are extortionate. The BPL teams need to take a leaf out of the teams playing in the Bundesliga.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol what a joke, Wenger criticising the fans for the lack of atmosphere but supporting the cost of tickets at the same time. The pricing out of our hardcore is what has caused our fans to become a laughing stock.

Nabbed from Highbury Harry. Are you a member of the BSM?
Because of our injuries we can only make 7 changes vs Hull. But still, it's both funny and tragic that Walcott and Giroud have reduced themselves to starting FA Cup matches

I'm just hoping March is a good month for us, since in March 2014 we were reduced from title challengers to top 4 scrappers that season. We're already out of the title race so the rot surely can't deepen?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AliRizzo
Nabbed from Highbury Harry. Are you a member of the BSM?

I am as it turns out. And I assure you that is my own view, not anyone else's.
Mental how Ospina saved more shots than any Arsenal goalkeeper has since 2009 (9) on Saturday.

Fair play to him.

He's recovered from that Olympiakos gaffe.
Original post by Mackay
Mental how Ospina saved more shots than any Arsenal goalkeeper has since 2009 (9) on Saturday.

Fair play to him.

He is a great keeper !!
Original post by TeeEm
He is a great keeper !!

Anything beats the days of Almunia.
Original post by Mackay

Fair play to him.

Ospina has never been a poor shot stopper though, which was kind of the reason why Wenger bought him.

It's not about him recovering mentally from a bad game that happened months ago.
Original post by jam277
Ospina has never been a poor shot stopper though, which was kind of the reason why Wenger bought him.

It's not about him recovering mentally from a bad game that happened months ago.

He's only played twice since that gaffe, though. And those were both against lower league opposition.

I completely disagree. Throwing him into a North London derby - with him harbouring memories of that Olympiacos game - had risks for Wenger.

Obviously he didn't have a choice, but Ospina could have easily not saved them.
Original post by Mackay
Anything beats the days of Almunia.

Will never forgive Almunia for the Champions League final.
Will never forgive Almunia for the Champions League final.

See, it's interesting. I never rated Dudek and wanted us to get rid of him for years, but then he turned up in the 2005 CL final and won us the cup.
Original post by Mackay
He's only played twice since that gaffe, though. And those were both against lower league opposition.

I completely disagree. Throwing him into a North London derby - with him harbouring memories of that Olympiacos game - had risks for Wenger.

Obviously he didn't have a choice, but Ospina could have easily not saved them.

Almunia had the game of his life against Barcelona when he was dropped for Szczesny and then Szczesny got injured.

It's one of those games where the pressure causes you not to over think things.
To wake up at 3am or not to wake up at 3am to watch the game tonight?

Hmm..

I know its only hull, but Its been a while since I watched arsenal actually win a match.

(That said it would be utter **** if we lost)
Original post by fallen_acorns
To wake up at 3am or not to wake up at 3am to watch the game tonight?

Hmm..

I know its only hull, but Its been a while since I watched arsenal actually win a match.

(That said it would be utter **** if we lost)

The game will probably put you to sleep anyway.
Original post by jam277
Almunia had the game of his life against Barcelona when he was dropped for Szczesny and then Szczesny got injured.

It's one of those games where the pressure causes you not to over think things.

As aforementioned, though, Almunia could have probably kept out both Barcelona goals in the 2006 CL final.
Original post by Mackay
As aforementioned, though, Almunia could have probably kept out both Barcelona goals in the 2006 CL final.

And against Barcelona at the nou camp in 2011 he had a very good game and Arsenal would probably have conceded 5 if he wasn't in goal.

Either way doing well in a high profile game as a backup doesn't mean loads. Ryan Bertrand in the CL final, Cech against Arsenal last season, Bosingwa playing at CB vs Spurs and Barcelona(only two games he's played there for Chelsea) and shutting them down.

It doesn't mean they've got over their gaffes, I'm pretty sure if Ospina plays an extended run of games you are going to see the same errors in his game that caused Wenger to buy Cech in the first place.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ospina might have made 9 saves but I don't remember him actually keeping hold of the ball for a single one of them.

Liability.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Ospina might have made 9 saves but I don't remember him actually keeping hold of the ball for a single one of them.

Liability.

Yeah. Over a period of time his faults are going to show again.

Saying that only Chelsea/Barcelona/PSG/Dortmund and Madrid have better backup keepers than you lot so it's not like he needs to be sold swiftly.

Latest