The Student Room Group

university of glasgow or edinburgh???

So i live in the suburbs of glasgow and cant decide whether i should go to glasgow or edinburgh university. I think the course at glasgow looks better and the night life is also meant to be better. However i really dont want to stay at home. Should i go to edinburgh despite the course and city not looking as appealing???
Reply 1
I know you won't be guaranteed accommodation for Glasgow but surely you'll still be granted a room even if its not your first choice? Don't sacrifice a better course and university experience for a room, besides, in a year you'll be in a flat with other students in Glasgow anyway so you'd be at home for a year max.
From what you've said about the course I would go with Galsgow and as a student I can personally say that it is a good Uni however I would advise you to visit Edinburgh university before you make your final decision and as for staying at home, you can always move into student accommodation or a private property
Check which university is specifically better for your course. Also you can move into student halls into glasgow rather than travelling in everyday which can be exhausting.
Original post by Div7698
So i live in the suburbs of glasgow and cant decide whether i should go to glasgow or edinburgh university. I think the course at glasgow looks better and the night life is also meant to be better. However i really dont want to stay at home. Should i go to edinburgh despite the course and city not looking as appealing???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending