The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jonstran
This is pretty much the reason I'm turning down Kings. Even if those on here claiming Kings offers with 18 or 20 or whatever are a bunch of trolls, there is no way I'm sitting in a class with 23 LNATs. No offense but clearly UCL are much more discerning on this point which is really going to matter when it comes to being able to do moots, reasoning, etc. together.

Decided once and for all. Don't even think I'll bother with the offers day. UCL all the way. That and they don't offer money to get people, either.

Feel sorry for your future classmates if that's your attitude mate, looks like kings have had a lucky escape
This is pretty much the reason I'm turning down Kings. Even if those on here claiming Kings offers with 18 or 20 or whatever are a bunch of trolls, there is no way I'm sitting in a class with 23 LNATs. No offense but clearly UCL are much more discerning on this point which is really going to matter when it comes to being able to do moots, reasoning, etc. together.

Decided once and for all. Don't even think I'll bother with the offers day. UCL all the way. That and they don't offer money to get people, either.

The LNAT score means nothing. At all.

I got 29 last year and then did it for fun again and got 38. That's how reliable it is.

And there are people going to Oxford with 19-20s, even though other applicants have higher scores.

Your little arrogant attitude is pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't wanna sit in a class of 23s hahahahahA. If you are a troll, good work. If not, thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. To base everyone's ability to study Law on ONE test and ONE mark is so stupid I just can't even begin to process that..there's so many factors what if someone had a bad day? what if someone practice for months and someone wasn't as well informed? what if someone doesn't do any a levels in law-related subject and instead they do all science or math based subjects..but with practice they would actually be great? What if someone guessed 5 marks and got 28, then would you be comfortable studying Law with them? Lol u funny though.

Forget law, I think you will have a good career in pollitics. We need people like you and the Donald to confirm to the rest of us how far society has come.
Original post by *Stefan*
and then did it for fun again and got 38.

Sure you did.

All these hurt feelings only do more to prove to me why higher LNATs are just that much more important. Less emotion, more reason. Not one of you that are so singularly (and laughably) focused on big-paying law firms are going to last two minutes if you're that easily moved to tears by someone saying something that challenges your self-assured little snuggle views of yourselves. You got into Kings on an LNAT of 23? Please.

Don't forget to apply for your "best and brighest" cash payouts.

Looool this is actually funny! You do realise that Cambridge scrapped the LNAT as their research found no correlation between high score and performance at degree level. It's hardly a measure of how well someone will perform if at all.
Original post by fabruttledge
Looool this is actually funny! You do realise that Cambridge scrapped the LNAT as their research found no correlation between high score and performance at degree level. It's hardly a measure of how well someone will perform if at all.

How do you get this ****** out the thread ?
Original post by JohnGreek
I got 26

*snigger*
Yeah. Your hurt feelings are duly noted, princess.

My LNAT score was 18, I got an offer from Nottingham. It don't mean anything bruv
Original post by Efoster221
My LNAT score was 18, I got an offer from Nottingham. It don't mean anything bruv

What were your GCSEs, AS and predicted if you don't mind me asking?
and when did you apply?

I am still waiting!
Original post by baconwoo
does anyone know what time durham offers usually come through?

On the 19th I got this unprompted email from them: Thank you for your application to Durham University. If you have received an offer from us - congratulations! If you are still waiting for a decision please bear with us while we work through applications. We consider each application carefully but due to the high volume of applications we receive it may take a few weeks for an official decision to appear on UCAS Track.

So basically I'm expecting something to happen this week.
Hi everyone, I'm currently undecided between two unis, one of which is offering a 9k per year scholarship. Both are good unis so should I just go for the scholarship uni?
Original post by Coreling
Hi everyone, I'm currently undecided between two unis, one of which is offering a 9k per year scholarship. Both are good unis so should I just go for the scholarship uni?

what are the unis?
Original post by NOP97
what are the unis?

Oxford and Kings college London

I wouldn't pass up going to Oxford law, if I were you - even if it's going to cost you 9,000 more. (Assuming you have the scholarship from Kings).

If you are a UK-applicant, student loans means the cost won't harshly affect you. I'm not really sure what the process or cost is for international applicants though.

If you can gather the money for it, going to Oxford would pay it's dividends.

Good luck.

You mean Kerching College London.

I'm going to firm UCL and I got 23 in the LNAT, still set on UCL? :h:
I think the admissions offices of top universities know what they're doing.

Why do you think it is so imperative for someone to get a higher score in LNAT to be able to moot well? How many moots have you done? Because I assure you, the law entrances are nothing but a filter that give the admissions office nothing more than a clue of the student's reasoning ability (which can again vary depending on the circumstances for example if I'm unwell or I've just fought with someone before the exam or I'm just exhausted) and are determinative of nothing.
I implore you to change your attitude towards people who might not have had a great LNAT day or else you might end up with someone not as bright as you but someone who just had a great LNAT day.

But again, to each his own.
Original post by LoveSandu
Congrats! Which uni are you thinking of firming?

My firm choice is between East Anglia or Lancaster. Both Universities are great for Law and they have good towns, but I cant decided between the two. I'm not to sure which would be the best University to take!
Original post by Velvetgh0st
My rejection is officially on Track from Bristol 💔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending