The Student Room Group

Tell me theres more to life than a 9-5??

Please tell me the ultimate goal of life isnt:
Birth
School
9-5 job
Die

Cycle continues...

Please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

As long as you're enjoying life, then that doesn't seem like an unpleasant prospect. Everybody's gotta work to pay their due.
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
As long as you're enjoying life, then that doesn't seem like an unpleasant prospect. Everybody's gotta work to pay their due.

I dont see why we should pay money to be alive tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Superhotfire

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's how the system's worked for millennia. You put something into society, you get something back out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

your posts make me lol
Yeah sometimes there's overtime.
if you enjoy what you do then 9-5 is not a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

then don't, go live as a hermit by yourself somewhere in the wilderness. see how long you manage to stay alive then :facepalm2:
Original post by Zargabaath
then don't, go live as a hermit by yourself somewhere in the wilderness. see how long you manage to stay alive then :facepalm2:

That actually sounds kinda fun :cute:
That actually sounds kinda fun :cute:

It does sound quite idyllic until you get ill, or get injured or run out of food, or the weather destroys your shelter, or you get crippling depression from the loneliness because humans are social creatures, or get bored af because your entire life and all your time would be spent keeping yourself alive as opposed to the rather trivial 9-5 job you left behind which served the same purpose with more rewards.

Spoiler

Nope, there's nothing more.
Birth
School
9-5 job
Die

Cycle continues...

Please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birth - unavoidable, sorry.

School - unavoidable, will probably be ****, sorry.

University - will be epic, you'll make friends for life.

9-5 job. These are the working hours of most jobs. You're free to choose whatever you like, or even better, make your own. We live in a world where almost anyone can become self employed doing what they love now. Unfortunately, most people lack the commitment and dedication to see it through, and end up in what you would call a "desk job", as the safe option.

Marriage, Kids - epic, you'll make friends for life.

Retirement - all the pressures are gone, and you can do as you like. Depending on how good your "9-5" job was, this could be as early as 50.

Die - unavoidable. At the moment. There is a pill that can drastically slow down your aging though. Don't think it's been released yet, when it does it will likely be far too expensive for most people. But again, depending on how good you made your 9-5 job, it's always a possibility.

There you go, doesn't seem so bad now, does it?
if u can find someone u love u will probs enjoy it
Reply 13
Nine to Five is amazing !
It does sound quite idyllic until you get ill, or get injured or run out of food, or the weather destroys your shelter, or you get crippling depression from the loneliness because humans are social creatures, or get bored af because your entire life and all your time would be spent keeping yourself alive as opposed to the rather trivial 9-5 job you left behind which served the same purpose with more rewards.

Spoiler

... well that was a dream breaker :rofl:
... well that was a dream breaker :rofl:

hahaha now you can become as cynical as me :tongue:
You can order goats online.
Female goats :wink:
Reply 17
Birth
School
9-5 job
Die

Cycle continues...

Please

Posted from TSR Mobile

The ultimate goal of life is to know your creator.
He says you need to be born again, i.e. receive His Spirit, just like all the disciples did (Acts 2:4, 33, 39).
hahaha now you can become as cynical as me :tongue:

Cynicism is my favourite word :holmes:
Cynicism is my favourite word :holmes:

It's not very cynical to have a favourite word :noway:

Quick Reply

Latest