The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE missed offer...

I've got an offer from LSE, with the grade requirements being A*AA. Let's say I get A*AB, (with the B a few marks off an A) how likely are LSE to still accept me?
Reply 1
What is the course you have an offer for and what are your A level subjects?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Most likely you'd be automatically rejected.

I guess on results day you would need to call them up and ask if they can accept you with one lower grade.
Reply 3
Last year I had an offer of A*A, and I in turn got A*A*AB (the A was from an equivalent qualification). They said the B had to be an A even though they did not specify that in the conditions, and thereby rejected me.

That was for Law - considering how competitive LSE is, I wouldn't bet on it, but it is not impossible per se.
Reply 4
Original post by missecon
What is the course you have an offer for and what are your A level subjects?

Law. A-levels are History, English Language and Biology.
Reply 5
Original post by dyezrawna
I've got an offer from LSE, with the grade requirements being A*AA. Let's say I get A*AB, (with the B a few marks off an A) how likely are LSE to still accept me?

You will be rejected. This example is discussed in the LSE offerholders guide.

You have an outside chance for some of the less competitive courses, if they don't have the numbers. In the case of Economics and Law you will be rejected. They will also reject you if you get A*A*B and there is no appeal process. Please see the LSE offerholders guide.

I had Bsc Economic offer for a*aa, I got a*ab and got accepted! My a was one 2 marks of an a* and b was average. I know another guy in my year who was in this situation and got accept for econ too
Original post by *Stefan*
Last year I had an offer of A*A, and I in turn got A*A*AB (the A was from an equivalent qualification). They said the B had to be an A even though they did not specify that in the conditions, and thereby rejected me.

That was for Law - considering how competitive LSE is, I wouldn't bet on it, but it is not impossible per se.

If it truly wasn't in the conditions then I'm sure you could have disputed that
Reply 8
Original post by elissamerchant
I had Bsc Economic offer for a*aa, I got a*ab and got accepted! My a was one 2 marks of an a* and b was average. I know another guy in my year who was in this situation and got accept for econ too

Did they accept you straight away on results day?
Did they accept you straight away on results day?

Yes they did
Reply 10
Original post by elissamerchant
Yes they did

At least that's something!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending