Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alisahhh1998
Btw what time was your interview?

11:45

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was at 2 I think lol I reaaaaaly want the offer omg
Mine was at 2 I think lol I reaaaaaly want the offer omg

Did u apply and get an interview anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my rejection yesterday. I still cant beleieve I wasn't shortlisted for an interview.
I had AABBB at Higher in Scotland (A in Biology and Chemistry and B in Physics, Maths, and History). I had done 2 Medical work experience placements, a 6 week Nuffield research placement, the sutton trust summer school, volunteering for the british heart foundation, taken part in the national organ donation seminar and etc. I think it was very unfair that I didnt get to the interview stage but I guess that's life. Its hard to believe that I met the entry requirements for bm6 at southampton and didnt get an interview but didn't even meet the entry reuirements at Dundee but still got an interview. Also I didn't like the fact that there was no feedback available in relation to my application. I guess its all just life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Da_Don_1997
I got my rejection yesterday. I still cant beleieve I wasn't shortlisted for an interview.
I had AABBB at Higher in Scotland (A in Biology and Chemistry and B in Physics, Maths, and History). I had done 2 Medical work experience placements, a 6 week Nuffield research placement, the sutton trust summer school, volunteering for the british heart foundation, taken part in the national organ donation seminar and etc. I think it was very unfair that I didnt get to the interview stage but I guess that's life. Its hard to believe that I met the entry requirements for bm6 at southampton and didnt get an interview but didn't even meet the entry reuirements at Dundee but still got an interview. Also I didn't like the fact that there was no feedback available in relation to my application. I guess its all just life.

Doing all the work experiance in the world doesn't work if you can't explain what you learnt. It's to do with your personal statement. I didn't do any work experiance in the medical field but got one and don't worry there is always next year
Original post by Bloom77
Did u apply and get an interview anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uea for foundation medicine and other courses which are not medicine haha you?
(edited 8 years ago)

I am sure you are a perfect candidate...But for SU your Personal Statement is the only thing they use to determine whether you should be offered an interview or not...so I suppose it all comes down to how well your have portrayed yourself, your experiences etc and most importantly what you have learnt from them...it also depends on the person reading your PS...
Most of the time...medical applicants are just unlucky with these sort of things..

Your personal statement is what counts to get you to the interview stage for BM6, it probably was just not competitive enough. I didn't do as much work experience as you, and I still got an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have rejections been given out?
Original post by Justtryingtolive
Have rejections been given out?

As far as I'm aware I think think it's only pre-interview, otherwise someone would've said something

Your PS wasn't good enough as many have said. They shoud email you today if you were rejected yesterday with some sort of explanation apparently.

Original post by Justtryingtolive
Guys, when will the first offer be given? Like when's the SOONEST it can possible be?

(Because I can't stop refreshing my emails in hope of some sort of a reply - offer on not - :frown: - )

Stop refreshing your emails. Not healthy. I got my offer after I'd been out all day not checking!! No point. Could be ages.

I've heard on good reliability that at least 1 offer has gone out so shouldn't be long.
Original post by Neostigmine
Your PS wasn't good enough as many have said. They shoud email you today if you were rejected yesterday with some sort of explanation apparently.

Stop refreshing your emails. Not healthy. I got my offer after I'd been out all day not checking!! No point. Could be ages.

I've heard on good reliability that at least 1 offer has gone out so shouldn't be long.

Just to check: 1 offer has already been given out??
Just to check: 1 offer has already been given out??

At least 1 offer has gone out. Sorry, I am really not sure how else to write that!
(edited 8 years ago)
Good luck guys! Hopefully some of us will hear soon too!
At least 1 offer has gone out. Sorry, I am really not sure how else to write that!

Will offers be given out to those that scored the highest and then downwards? Or do they give them out randomly?
Original post by Darab_1496
Will offers be given out to those that scored the highest and then downwards? Or do they give them out randomly?

Not the foggiest. Probably the former to some extent as that is how they've done it historically. But how it happens makes 0 difference to anyone waiting unfortunately.
Not the foggiest. Probably the former to some extent as that is how they've done it historically. But how it happens makes 0 difference to anyone waiting unfortunately.

Don't worry just thought it was weird they only gave a few offers thought the do them in fat
Batches*
Don't worry just thought it was weird they only gave a few offers thought the do them in fat

They may have, and it may be that I have only heard from 1. Last few years they've sent out a few together, and then lots. Just have to be patient and wait and see :yes:.
As far as I'm aware I think think it's only pre-interview, otherwise someone would've said something

ohh

gosh the wait is torturous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending