The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
They're the genetic best
They have the best sports science care
The drugs however elevate them above us, to the superheros you watch on tv

It's not taking away from their hard work; they are the best. But because one person on drugs, pretty much means they all are - just to compete.

Half the drugs on the WADA list are untestable for - like peptides which stay in the muscle they're injected in - why wouldn't people being paid £££££ take them?

I see your point and too an extent I agree. The fact that Bolt is considerably faster than those who've tested positive for banned slain stances makes me more than a little suspicious, for example.
But I think saying that all pro athletes are on drugs is incorrect. Cricketers, golfers, darts players etc I would be very surprised to hear of any of those taking drugs. Of course, there's probably exceptions to the rule, but they'll be few and far between.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/24/11110606/nate-diaz-accuses-conor-mcgregor-the-whole-ufc-of-being-on-steroids

The odd whistleblower - however he's been absolutely shot down lol

Original post by The Wavefunction
I see your point and too an extent I agree. The fact that Bolt is considerably faster than those who've tested positive for banned slain stances makes me more than a little suspicious, for example.
But I think saying that all pro athletes are on drugs is incorrect. Cricketers, golfers, darts players etc I would be very surprised to hear of any of those taking drugs. Of course, there's probably exceptions to the rule, but they'll be few and far between.

They drug test in gaming competitions now lol; there's an advantage to be had. For cricketers - PEDs improve recovery, improve concentration etc
Darts - beer? :lol: Probably the stuff the shooters at the Olympics got rumbled for a few years ago - steadies your hand etc

They drug test in gaming competitions now lol

lol like what? ritalin?
Original post by swirly
lol like what? ritalin?

Stuff along those lines for concentration, reaction times etc.
Stuff along those lines for concentration, reaction times etc.

thoughts on what happened in Quad Studios in 1994?
Original post by swirly
now that i've looked in to it more, I dont think it was an honest mistake, but a deliberate intention to deceive. The drug was banned September last year, and the ban came into effect this year. It's farcical to suggest that nobody on her team would have caught that in that space of time. I think she took a calculated risk to keep taking it, knowing full well it was banned, hoping she wouldnt get caught.

It could have been an oversight in that Sharapova knew the drug as a different name. No doubt she doesn't want to get caught and banned like she will now.

However imo she took the drug initially as a calculated risk rather than medicinal reasons.
Original post by swirly

:rofl:

Lured him in then bam.

Angry Cucumber is right, juicing is now the norm as everyone does it. It's not really cheating per se anymore, it's all about being able to compete with others (and those who don't juice have absolutely no chance, unless they're a genetic freak of nature).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
It could have been an oversight in that Sharapova knew the drug as a different name. No doubt she doesn't want to get caught and banned like she will now.

However imo she took the drug initially as a calculated risk rather than medicinal reasons.

I dont buy that. Her team should have realised regardless of it having multiple names. She has an estimated net worth of $90 million. Imagine being responsible for an asset worth $90m, they should've been all over it. She's going to lose tens of millions per year in earnings.
Thinking of going to watch Cardiff v Leeds tonight, in the Cardiff end, as a Leeds fan. Anyone got an experience with "wrong ending"?

Not sure how fun it'll be not being able support my team, but really want to watch them at the same time.
Reply 389
Original post by swirly

:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit
True, she looks like a pile of horse spunk @TaylorSpunk

ass for daze
Thinking of going to watch Cardiff v Leeds tonight, in the Cardiff end, as a Leeds fan. Anyone got an experience with "wrong ending"?

Not sure how fun it'll be not being able support my team, but really want to watch them at the same time.

You'll be alright with no real rivalry between the two clubs. I remember at a City vs Liverpool game a few years back, Liverpool scored a last minute winner and dozens of Liverpool fan instinctively jumped up and cheered in the City end. Just remember not to cheer and you'll be fine, and don't even let on that you may not be a Cardiff fan or someone might report you to the Stewards (again though, I imagine this isn't gonna be a sell-out? They won't care.)

I've sat with Liverpool fans at Old Trafford, and with City fans in Manchester derbies and I near **** myself when we scored. Basically, don't cheer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by No New Friends
ass for daze

backoff on point. Surfboard.
Reply 393
Original post by Bodeans
You'll be alright with no real rivalry between the two clubs. I remember at a City vs Liverpool game a few years back, Liverpool scored a last minute winner and dozens of Liverpool fan instinctively jumped up and cheered in the City end. Just remember not to cheer and you'll be fine, and don't even let on that you may not be a Cardiff fan or someone might report you to the Stewards (again though, I imagine this isn't gonna be a sell-out? They won't care.)

I've sat with Liverpool fans at Old Trafford, and with City fans in Manchester derbies and I near **** myself when we scored. Basically, don't cheer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop begging it, you beg your family to get your a nowtv day pass you dirty indian

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bodeans

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, although no one likes Leeds so there's always that to consider. My mate (who supports Cardiff) told me that as long as I avoid the one stand then I should be fine.
Think they're struggling for attendance at the moment so hopefully I can get a ticket in an obscure stand and just sit on my own away from everyone.

Christ, that's brave. Wouldn't have gone down too well had you celebrated.
Yeah, although no one likes Leeds so there's always that to consider. My mate (who supports Cardiff) told me that as long as I avoid the one stand then I should be fine.
Think they're struggling for attendance at the moment so hopefully I can get a ticket in an obscure stand and just sit on my own away from everyone.

Christ, that's brave. Wouldn't have gone down too well had you celebrated.

True, but there's literally no way of them knowing you're a Leeds fan unless you cheer when we score. Which, to be fair, doesn't seem like a likely occurrence anyway does it!
Original post by SA-1
Stop begging it, you beg your family to get your a nowtv day pass you dirty indian

to get your

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swirly
I dont buy that. Her team should have realised regardless of it having multiple names. She has an estimated net worth of $90 million. Imagine being responsible for an asset worth $90m, they should've been all over it. She's going to lose tens of millions per year in earnings.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda..

Presume it was one of those that just fell between the gaps of people responsible. She's not stupid enough to think she could carry on taking a banned substance and not get caught. There's a lot of testing these days aren't there?
Original post by Bodeans
Anyone who thinks the vast majority of pro athletes and sportsmen don't juice is either naïve, or deluded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're naive AND deluded
Imagine thinking ronaldo is better than messi...and being short and dumb

@Rk2k14
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Young Metro
Imagine thinking ronaldo is better than messi...and being short and dumb and paki

@Rk2k14

@Bodeans too

Latest