The Student Room Group

postgrad loan - Enhanced undergraduate masters

Hi

So I did an undergraduate Mphys in physics which was a bit of a mistake. I was quite good at maths however and so despite dodgy grades have managed to get myself onto an Msc in maths at oxford.

Unsurprisingly this is an opportunity I'd like to take up. My problem is I would require around ten grand to do it and I worry my undergraduate 4yr course is an impeimemt to getting the loan. Is the fact that this is my first actual Msc qualification enough or am I not eleligible?
Original post by East1992
Hi

So I did an undergraduate Mphys in physics which was a bit of a mistake. I was quite good at maths however and so despite dodgy grades have managed to get myself onto an Msc in maths at oxford.

Unsurprisingly this is an opportunity I'd like to take up. My problem is I would require around ten grand to do it and I worry my undergraduate 4yr course is an impeimemt to getting the loan. Is the fact that this is my first actual Msc qualification enough or am I not eleligible?

An undergraduate master's degree (MPhys) is not a postgraduate degree, so you would be eligible for a postgraduate loan.
Hi East1992

Providing you don't hold a Masters already or an equivalent level of qualification to this, you may be able to apply for the postgraduate loan.

We have some information on this page: http://bit.ly/1WZNkFr

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi East1992

Providing you don't hold a Masters already or an equivalent level of qualification to this, you may be able to apply for the postgraduate loan.

We have some information on this page: http://bit.ly/1WZNkFr

Thanks

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still unclear as to whether my undergraduate MPhys prevents me from applying or not?
Hi again

A Mphys is usually classed as an integrated masters and not a postgraduate. This means it may be eligible for funding. As all the information has not been released I cannot confirm this at present.

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi again

A Mphys is usually classed as an integrated masters and not a postgraduate. This means it may be eligible for funding. As all the information has not been released I cannot confirm this at present.

Thanks

Hi

I noticed more information had been released about the postgrad loans but I still can't find clarification on whether or not I'm eligible having done an undergraduate integrated masters and not a postgrad one.I was wondering if you were now knew any more details?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending