The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Accommodation

Does anyone know what the best accommodation is on campus at QM?
I'm looking at France house but from the website it seems as though the only benefit is a bath, does anyone know any other benefits of going for the premium accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helloiamemily
Does anyone know what the best accommodation is on campus at QM?
I'm looking at France house but from the website it seems as though the only benefit is a bath, does anyone know any other benefits of going for the premium accommodation?

Hey! France House is one of the premium ensuite rooms, with ensuite baths and overhead showers. The rooms are slightly more modern that some of the other accommodation and the views of the canal are incredible! Check out our instagram for some shots from the building and our France House page: http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/college/qmaccommodation/mileend/france/ if you want to know more. If you want to know anything else, feel free to reply! - Sarah
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Queen Mary University London
Hey! France House is one of the premium ensuite rooms, with ensuite baths and overhead showers. The rooms are slightly more modern that some of the other accommodation and the views of the canal are incredible! Check out our instagram for some shots from the building and our France House page: http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/college/qmaccommodation/mileend/france/ if you want to know more. If you want to know anything else, feel free to reply! - Sarah

Thanks! Are the rooms in France house any bigger than the standard ensuite rooms?
Thanks! Are the rooms in France house any bigger than the standard ensuite rooms?

Not sure about the exact sizing, but you can get an idea of room size on the virtual tours: http://www.estates.qmul.ac.uk/accomodation_files_0909/3b-c/index.html
hi, does anyone know when the accomodation application process opens?
Original post by pettolrahc
hi, does anyone know when the accomodation application process opens?

All I know is sometime in Spring
thank you! will just have to wait for another email now then, for when it actually opens!
thank you! will just have to wait for another email now then, for when it actually opens!

Yes exactly! It's really bugging me haha because everyone else seems to have applied for accomodation, and we can't yet!
I know, it's so annoying- I keep thinking I must have missed something!
I know, it's so annoying- I keep thinking I must have missed something!

Me too! I hope they give us some notice when they do open the applications- I don't want to be late in getting my first choice!
Original post by Queen Mary University of London
Not sure about the exact sizing, but you can get an idea of room size on the virtual tours: http://www.estates.qmul.ac.uk/accomodation_files_0909/3b-c/index.html

Is there anyway, when applying for accommodation, to choose which building one would like to live in?
Reply 11
I applied for accommodation last night, and there were four options and it wasn't by building just whether you wanted premium, standard, economy or something else:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by SebastianMuino
Is there anyway, when applying for accommodation, to choose which building one would like to live in?

meant to quote you for my answer above! apologies
Original post by mp2305
I applied for accommodation last night, and there were four options and it wasn't by building just whether you wanted premium, standard, economy or something else:smile:

Thanks for your answer! However, I haven't gotten any e-mail from QMUL yet with a username and password which if I understood correctly is what you need to apply to accommodation. :frown:. What are you going to study?
Reply 14
Original post by SebastianMuino
Thanks for your answer! However, I haven't gotten any e-mail from QMUL yet with a username and password which if I understood correctly is what you need to apply to accommodation. :frown:. What are you going to study?

I got the email the day my student finance was accepted and I received a letter about how much I would get. Yeah, they send the email with details on logging in and applying. I'm sure it'll come soon if you applied for finance!! I'm studying History, you?:smile::smile:
Original post by mp2305
I got the email the day my student finance was accepted and I received a letter about how much I would get. Yeah, they send the email with details on logging in and applying. I'm sure it'll come soon if you applied for finance!! I'm studying History, you?:smile::smile:

You don't have to have finished your finance, I've not done mine but I've had the email about accomodation:smile:
Reply 16
You don't have to have finished your finance, I've not done mine but I've had the email about accomodation:smile:

Oh thats cool! Guess it was a coincidence I got it on the same day haha!!:smile:
Anyone actually applied and got an answer yet?

How long after firming QMUL do you get a mail with the logon details?

What are the questions asked during registration?
Reply 18
Original post by crocface
Anyone actually applied and got an answer yet?

How long after firming QMUL do you get a mail with the logon details?

What are the questions asked during registration?

I think I firmed late January, and then I got my log on details just on Monday. I think I read somewhere that we won't find out until July? Not sure though. I was asked things like whether I want to stay in single-sex halls etc, literally I think there was 3 or a bit more Q's overall
Original post by mp2305
I think I firmed late January, and then I got my log on details just on Monday. I think I read somewhere that we won't find out until July? Not sure though. I was asked things like whether I want to stay in single-sex halls etc, literally I think there was 3 or a bit more Q's overall

Ah so looks like the send the details only when it opens and opened this weeked. I only firmed it yesterday so maybe Im in an admin backlog for a while. Cheers

Quick Reply