The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
OK. I did see a professional and it was pointless.

Yes I want to, because it will at least give me some sort of peace of mind that we talked and I said what I needed to say.

As Mary once also said: "How can any one of us forget? That's what makes it so hard - for all of us. We can't forget."
I will go to my GP soon. As for counselling, well, I will see how I do and if I need more.

Because I helped her a lot throughout the last 3 years and to see that she failed this, well that would make me very sad for her. Even if she doesn't see me as a friend anymore.

It feels like a breakup of some sort, it wasn't a simple friendship breakup, I mean she was a close friend, I really liked her etc.

As Jamie once said: "Yes, forget! Forget everything and face nothing! It's a convenient philosophy if you've got no ambition in life except to - "
Original post by georgiaswift
It was never a friendship, but whatever you had finished a long time ago. You need to get your head out of the clouds and accept it for what it is - nothing.

If she's going to say no and walk away then why even bother? You're just going to hurt yourself even more.

Hope. I need to feel the hurt, to see her walk away from me in real life and then maybe my stupid brain if understand that it is pointless and move on.
I will go to my GP soon. As for counselling, well, I will see how I do and if I need more.

Because I helped her a lot throughout the last 3 years and to see that she failed this, well that would make me very sad for her. Even if she doesn't see me as a friend anymore.

It feels like a breakup of some sort, it wasn't a simple friendship breakup, I mean she was a close friend, I really liked her etc.

Trust me, you're going to need more sessions. You're very lucky that it's available to you and you should take the opportunity.

You shouldn't be sad for her! She treated you like ****, why can't you accept that? Why do you insist on holding her up on a pedestal?

It was not a breakup. Once again, I repeat: friends come and go. Are you going to spend the rest of your life pinning after her? Or are you going to act maturely and sensibly, finish your degree, and move far away from her, and get on with your life?
Hope. I need to feel the hurt, to see her walk away from me in real life and then maybe my stupid brain if understand that it is pointless and move on.

As Edmund once said: "I belonged, without past or future, within peace and unity and a wild joy, within something greater than my own life, or the life of Man, to Life itself!
Original post by Airmed
Trust me, you're going to need more sessions. You're very lucky that it's available to you and you should take the opportunity.

You shouldn't be sad for her! She treated you like ****, why can't you accept that? Why do you insist on holding her up on a pedestal?

It was not a breakup. Once again, I repeat: friends come and go. Are you going to spend the rest of your life pinning after her? Or are you going to act maturely and sensibly, finish your degree, and move far away from her, and get on with your life?

OK.

I know she treated me very badly. It's just difficult to accept for some reason. I don't know, I just really like her and I had some good memories and now it's just all gone up in flames. I honestly feel heartbroken because of this.

I hope not. Friends come and go yes that's normal. But this particular one has really affected me. It hurts. I am trying to focus on my work.
OK.

I know she treated me very badly. It's just difficult to accept for some reason. I don't know, I just really like her and I had some good memories and now it's just all gone up in flames. I honestly feel heartbroken because of this.

I hope not. Friends come and go yes that's normal. But this particular one has really affected me. It hurts. I am trying to focus on my work.

As Edmund once said: "Everything looked and sounded unreal. Nothing was what it is. That's what I wanted - to be alone with myself in another world where truth is untrue and life can hide from itself."
Original post by amazingusername
As Edmund once said: "Everything looked and sounded unreal. Nothing was what it is. That's what I wanted - to be alone with myself in another world where truth is untrue and life can hide from itself."

Where are you getting all these quotes from?
OK.

I hope you realise that you're heartbroken because you refused to listen to the advice given.
Original post by Airmed
I hope you realise that you're heartbroken because you refused to listen to the advice given.

PRSOM!
PRSOM!

We're all talking to a wall at this point. I read through some of the old threads. Same advice over and over. Same excuses over and over.
Original post by Airmed
We're all talking to a wall at this point. I read through some of the old threads. Same advice over and over. Same excuses over and over.

It's completely ridiculous. I don't know why we keep trying because he's never going to cut her off if he can possibly help it. Even when she's blocked him on everything he still finds ways to contact her, then gets upset when she doesn't reply.

There was a time when he was serious about getting over her, and he got so much support and help and encouragement from everyone. Then he said sorry guys but I've changed my mind, I want her in my life again. That's the exact moment that everybody began to get fed up.
I really to post a pic, but I can't. I don't want to take any risks.

I know. In a few days I will stop writing about this. I just need a little time to digest and sort of accept that this really is the end. It still feels like it just happened yesterday.

PM her pic ill see if she is worth thinking about.
It's completely ridiculous. I don't know why we keep trying because he's never going to cut her off if he can possibly help it. Even when she's blocked him on everything he still finds ways to contact her, then gets upset when she doesn't reply.

There was a time when he was serious about getting over her, and he got so much support and help and encouragement from everyone. Then he said sorry guys but I've changed my mind, I want her in my life again. That's the exact moment that everybody began to get fed up.

Love your posts lol and we all said to him to block her and now she is the one to do it i said to him she done you a favour and go hang out with your male friends.
Original post by chikane
Love your posts lol and we all said to him to block her and now she is the one to do it i said to him she done you a favour and go hang out with your male friends.

Haha thanks :smile: we did, he's really only got himself to blame at this point. He's isolating himself from everyone because of his obsession with this girl. It could have been over two years ago and he could be happy and healthy now, but here we still are. Can you imagine her reaction if she saw these threads??
Haha thanks :smile: we did, he's really only got himself to blame at this point. He's isolating himself from everyone because of his obsession with this girl. It could have been over two years ago and he could be happy and healthy now, but here we still are. Can you imagine her reaction if she saw these threads??

She probably did read it thats why she blocked him she thought i'm the one doing the ditching not you haha. He was obsessing over his work colleagues and was so defensive when i said he is obsessing over them like he was with his friend and i felt bad as he said he never posted about her in months and in the past month he has made 2 new threads about her,

Believeteam pm her picture really want to see whether she looks like Angeline Jolie.
(edited 8 years ago)
I didn't want to end the friendship that's why. Yes I got really close to ending it once and then I changed my mind. I am feeling extremely anxious about seeing her tomorrow. I will see her and it will stress me more and I will just feel worse.
it's gonna be interesting to see where u go with this after 2 months
It doesn't matter what you want. Just think about her for one second and what she needs. This isn't healthy for either of you at all.
Original post by SAhm95
it's gonna be interesting to see where u go with this after 2 months

Yeah. I hope I am in a better state. I really do.

Original post by Tiger Rag
It doesn't matter what you want. Just think about her for one second and what she needs. This isn't healthy for either of you at all.

She is fine!! Nothing is happening to her. She is happy. I'm not. This friendship ended suddenly and badly and I will always regret this. The counsellor said you've experienced a huge loss and you're grieving, it takes time etc. And she is right but it's affecting me way too much.
I go out I feel upset, even in the gym I'm just not all there, I feel really lost right now. I am experiencing physical chest pains. Just because of all this stress.

Latest

Trending

Trending