The Student Room Group

I'm a Muslim girl I don't want to fall for him ( non muslim) advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Supersaps
Think about the big picture. Then what you should do in your situation will be obvious to you. No one can tell you what to do in your situation! You've got to live your own life.

Your attitude to love/dating seems to be quite negative. Is that justified in every scenario or do you have to consider each one on its own merits? Yes, there are bad experiences of dating. There are also good ones that end in marriage, babies and a happy life.

I'm just ganna get to know him and just be friends. Once we've become friends I will view him ass a Bro. If he continues to show weird signs I'll hint it and if he continues I will just be straight up to him, and ask.
Please don't take advice from non muslims about your own religion. Seek advice from someone who actually knows something on the religion (most likely not on tsr)
Original post by Supersaps
Why anonymous? Put a name to your beliefs if you really believe them. Why do you think this is a question only for Muslims?

Why should I? Are you going to force me? No, I thought not and anyway how is my name going to do to help the threader? What's it got to do with anything? I have my beliefs and I really do believe them and just because im anonymous doesn't mean I don't...:s-smilie:

Just let the threader decide for themselves and like I said before i've got nothing against love/dating, pretty much everyone does it in life:s-smilie:. All i'm saying is that in these type of situations its best to talk to family and friends because they know the her/him the best and whether this is best for her or not?
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
I think you should talk about it to your parents and family not here. just remember that they were the ones that raised you up and wouldn't it be completely stupid to do something that you know ill hurt them. Other people from other religions aren't going to know how you feel because they don't have the same beliefs. You should think about what you are doing because not only could it affect your life hugely but also what your family thinks of you. I did something similar in the past and it took me 3 years to gain back my parents and my families trust. I am just so glad that they forgave me because that is what family does. They forgive and forget. So talk to them not us!

Don't do something that you know you'll regret in the future. You never know if you refrain from doing this, youll end up with someone just as amazing in the future. If you really do think he's the one then, I would say ask your parents because Islam doesn't say not to love someone or care about someone or 'date people' it says to be careful in life and it also says to never go against what your parents say. Hence just ask them :smile:

Wtf? You have respect your parents. You only need the forgiveness of God (allah). Lol, have your parents got you on a leash?

P.s not to burst your bubble but asking your parents if your allowed to sin doesn't make the sin alright (if you believe in that stuff). Really shocked how brainwashed some people are...
I'm just ganna get to know him and just be friends. Once we've become friends I will view him ass a Bro. If he continues to show weird signs I'll hint it and if he continues I will just be straight up to him, and ask.

Don't deceive yourself, just stay away. Have you heard of the story about the sister whose three brother went to jihad and she stayed in the property of another righteous man?
Original post by HAnwar
As a Muslim, do the right thing and stay away from him.

I'm sure you're wise enough to know what the rulings are on dating or forming friendships with males in Islam.

Insha Allah you'll do the right thing :smile:

In Islam we're not allowed to be friends with boys right?
Yeah I'm just going to stay away from him.
If he talks to me, I'll reply back tho.
Should I ask him whether he's crushing?

Original post by Mjcal1
I'm not even Muslim anymore but you know male and females can't be friends in Islam? So, if you really want to follow your religion don't talk to him.

...or re-think why you follow it.

True I'm not ganna become friends with him. If he talks to be I'll reply back

^^ I think reply 24 is right
Please just talk to your family about this.. they know what's best for you? and that's what everyone wants. Don't listen to what non- muslims say because they don't know what your going through.
As a Muslim girl I don't understand how people fall in love with guys they know they can't be with. Sure some of them are really fit and funny and u really get along etc but there's no point going there cuz u know its not gna work. Allow him, there's plenty of Muslim guys
Reply 28
In Islam we're not allowed to be friends with boys right?
Yeah I'm just going to stay away from him.
If he talks to me, I'll reply back tho.
Should I ask him whether he's crushing?

True I'm not ganna become friends with him. If he talks to be I'll reply back

Yeah it's not permissible.
That's good.
No. What's the point in asking him? Even if he says yes, you still can't date him.
Original post by Ribbit1234
As a Muslim girl I don't understand how people fall in love with guys they know they can't be with. Sure some of them are really fit and funny and u really get along etc but there's no point going there cuz u know its not gna work. Allow him, there's plenty of Muslim guys

This is weird, but I've never been attracted to a muslim guy.
But I know. It's weird.

Should I be friends with him or ignore him?
Original post by Student1408
^^ I think reply 24 is right
Please just talk to your family about this.. they know what's best for you? and that's what everyone wants. Don't listen to what non- muslims say because they don't know what your going through.

Don't take this advice, especially if ur parents are freshies. You'll just get into trouble and the convo would be really awkward
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah it's not permissible.
That's good.
No. What's the point in asking him? Even if he says yes, you still can't date him.

Okay. But you're allowed to talk to him tho right? Like ask questions etc?

Yup

Yeah true I won't.
Original post by Mjcal1
Wtf? You have respect your parents. You only need the forgiveness of God (allah). Lol, have your parents got you on a leash?

P.s not to burst your bubble but asking your parents if your allowed to sin doesn't make the sin alright (if you believe in that stuff). Really shocked how brainwashed some people are...

What?:s-smilie: Im not saying to do the sin all i'm saying is to talk to her family about it rather than here. Your the one who said

Original post by Mjcal1
I'm not even Muslim anymore but you know male and females can't be friends in Islam? So, if you really want to follow your religion don't talk to him.

...or re-think why you follow it.

Leaving islam is a much bigger sin than just talking to a boy. And that's exacly what you probably want. for him/ her to leave islam. Noone brainwashes me, I don't even live with my family but I always tell them about whats happening in my life, its the least I could do for my parent since they spent so much time raising me up, loving me and caring for me!
be Mates with him? You don't have to totally ignore him. But just distance urself whilst u can. Uve never been attracted to a Muslim guy? Do u mean ur not attracted to middle easterners and Asians? Lol
This is weird, but I've never been attracted to a muslim guy.
But I know. It's weird.

Should I be friends with him or ignore him?
Deep inside I don't think i'm falling for him , but I've started analysing little things such as him laughing for no reason, staring at me etc.

Should I be his friend or stay away from him as I'm confused whether he's after friendship or

I'm sorry what exactly is the problem? You said you wouldn't date this guy even if you weren't restricted by your religion? So you don't like this guy but you just want to know if he likes you? Well, maybe, but why does it matter?

You seem pretty adamant on not dating him, whether it's because of religion or without it. So what point is there in coming on this website? You're not ready to consider other people's opinions, or change your mind, or question whether you want, I'm just confused as to why you're here.

Now if you do think you're feeling something for him, then that's tough since you've made it clear you can't date him. Back away. Cut him out and move on.
People come on this forum for advice and opinions, so that they can listen to what others have to say and then make the judgment as to what to do. This process involves questioning your initial decision based on the advice you've been given. You've made it clear that you're not willing to change your belief, so why exactly are you here?
Why should I? Are you going to force me? No, I thought not and anyway how is my name going to do to help the threader? What's it got to do with anything? I have my beliefs and I really do believe them and just because im anonymous doesn't mean I don't...:s-smilie:

Just let the threader decide for themselves and like I said before i've got nothing against love/dating, pretty much everyone does it in life:s-smilie:. All i'm saying is that in these type of situations its best to talk to family and friends because they know the her/him the best and whether this is best for her or not?

No, I'm not going to force you. But I doubt the motivations and intentions of someone that feels the need to hide their name when their identity is already hidden behind an internet alias.

Of course, the "threader" will decide for themselves but she asked for our advice and I'm giving it. It's always good to question not just what you believe by why you believe it.
Original post by Ribbit1234
be Mates with him? You don't have to totally ignore him. But just distance urself whilst u can. Uve never been attracted to a Muslim guy? Do u mean ur not attracted to middle easterners and Asians? Lol

Well now I've heard you can't even be mates with them o.o so if he talks i'll reply, but I will try to eventually stop starting a convro first unless I really need help with some work.

Yh lol
Reply 37
Okay. But you're allowed to talk to him tho right? Like ask questions etc?

Yup

Yeah true I won't.

Tbh you shouldn't really talk to him unless it's work related stuff and you have questions etc.
I'm sorry what exactly is the problem? You said you wouldn't date this guy even if you weren't restricted by your religion? So you don't like this guy but you just want to know if he likes you? Well, maybe, but why does it matter?

You seem pretty adamant on not dating him, whether it's because of religion or without it. So what point is there in coming on this website? You're not ready to consider other people's opinions, or change your mind, or question whether you want, I'm just confused as to why you're here.

Now if you do think you're feeling something for him, then that's tough since you've made it clear you can't date him. Back away. Cut him out and move on.
People come on this forum for advice and opinions, so that they can listen to what others have to say and then make the judgment as to what to do. This process involves questioning your initial decision based on the advice you've been given. You've made it clear that you're not willing to change your belief, so why exactly are you here?

Thanks! You've opened my eyes.
True. Well tbh I just think he's crushing, and didn't kno what to do about it. But now I've realised even if he is I shouldn't give a damn. Even if he's staring or behaving weird I shouldn't care. He's just wasting his own time and will eventually realise.

Well at first I thought lets become friends, but I think that will encourage him to behave weirder so I'm just ganna behave normal and talk if he starts.
Reply 39
Original post by Student1408
What?:s-smilie: Im not saying to do the sin all i'm saying is to talk to her family about it rather than here. Your the one who said

Leaving islam is a much bigger sin than just talking to a boy. And that's exacly what you probably want. for him/ her to leave islam. Noone brainwashes me, I don't even live with my family but I always tell them about whats happening in my life, its the least I could do for my parent since they spent so much time raising me up, loving me and caring for me!

You're not even supposed to reveal your sins to anyone at all, it's supposed to be between you and God.

You're right, it won't affect me if she leaves her religion or not, because I don't believe in it. I just find it stupid to make a thread and ask people who aren't from her faith about their opinion.... Hence, why I said she should re-evaluate why she believes in it.

Quick Reply

Latest