The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Reputation of Bath, Warwick, Durham, St. Andrews business/management schools.

My main question is: how do these 4 schools of management compare in reputation?

I also would like to know how important the reputation of the university is in comparison to the reputation of the business school, when it comes to career prospects.

I have the following offers:

Bath: International Management
Warwick: International Business
Durham: Combined honours (socsci - business, geography and economics)
Original post by businessinuni
My main question is: how do these 4 schools of management compare in reputation?I also would like to know how important the reputation of the university is in comparison to the reputation of the business school, when it comes to career prospects.I have the following offers:Bath: International ManagementWarwick: International BusinessDurham: Combined honours (socsci - business, geography and economics)

Hi,

I am a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath, congratulations on getting an offer! I assume that because you have an offer for International Business at Warwick you have applied to study International Management with a language at Bath?

I will answer your question from a reputation perspective, however I would like to highlight our great placement opportunities at Bath. We have an in-house placement team who will support you in finding yourself a job, this means that the placement team will work specifically with your course and have a clear idea of what you would like. From a rankings perspective the University of Bath is also very successful, coming first for business and management studies on the Complete University Guide and Times/Sunday Times rankings for business studies. This represents the great experience all around that we get here at the University of Bath.

Answering your question from a reputation perspective, the University of Bath has a brilliant reputation. We have employers regularly visiting us on campus including PwC, Goldman Sachs, L'Oreal and Zurich. These businesses obviously view the university positively and continue to come back. From an International Management perspective the team has recently been expanding, the latest addition has been visiting countries around the world to meet with businesses and build links with them. From when I was making my decision about which university to study at, it was rare to find a university that is so proactive in building its reputation further.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and feel free to check out my School of Management thread here!

Hayden
(edited 8 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

I am a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath, congratulations on getting an offer! I assume that because you have an offer for International Business at Warwick you have applied to study International Management with a language at Bath?

I will answer your question from a reputation perspective, however I would like to highlight our great placement opportunities at Bath. We have an in-house placement team who will support you in finding yourself a job, this means that the placement team will work specifically with your course and have a clear idea of what you would like. From a rankings perspective the University of Bath is also very successful, coming first for business and management studies on the Complete University Guide and Times/Sunday Times rankings for business studies. This represents the great experience all around that we get here at the University of Bath.

Answering your question from a reputation perspective, the University of Bath has a brilliant reputation. We have employers regularly visiting us on campus including PwC, Goldman Sachs, L'Oreal and Zurich. These businesses obviously view the university positively and continue to come back. From an International Management perspective the team has recently been expanding, the latest addition has been visiting countries around the world to meet with businesses and build links with them. From when I was making my decision about which university to study at, it was rare to find a university that is so proactive in building its reputation further.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and feel free to check out my School of Management thread here!

Hayden

Thank you very much for your answer, Hayden.

I have another question: do you know why the University sets it's entry requirements for management courses lower than other universities offering similar courses with similar reputations?
Thank you very much for your answer, Hayden.

I have another question: do you know why the University sets it's entry requirements for management courses lower than other universities offering similar courses with similar reputations?

Hi,

I will try to get a response from the relevant director of studies for you. Could you please confirm for me if you are considering International Management with Modern Foreign Languages or International Management as part of the Management Suite?

Many thanks,

Hayden
My main question is: how do these 4 schools of management compare in reputation?

I also would like to know how important the reputation of the university is in comparison to the reputation of the business school, when it comes to career prospects.

I have the following offers:

Bath: International Management
Warwick: International Business
Durham: Combined honours (socsci - business, geography and economics)

Warwick > Bath > Durham

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest