The Student Room Group

2016 resit module madness

So it just struck me today (not sure if this has been a thread before but I didn't find anything about it) that for anyone resitting AS modules in 2016...wouldn't the grade boundaries be CRAZY high?!

I mean, its obvious that the general trend is that people will gain a higher mark on the second attempt at the paper. Furthermore, without AS students taking the same exam due to exam board changes last year, its probable that less students will be getting the lower grades on the paper (and no I'm not saying that AS students are thick as wood I'm just stating facts).

Therefore, does that mean that the papers will get to the point where to get an A you need 95% RAW MARKS? Holy smokes...

Surely there must another way around this. If there is someone out there with information on this, some clarity would be very much appreciated!
Reply 1
This is what I was wondering too. Unfortunately I have no idea so I just say do your best so you don't need to depend on low grade boundaries.
Original post by Manexopi
This is what I was wondering too. Unfortunately I have no idea so I just say do your best so you don't need to depend on low grade boundaries.

Easier said than done :colondollar: ultra high pressure though :s-smilie: How are you finding balancing your A2 work and your AS Resits?
Reply 3
Original post by justwantunihelp
Easier said than done :colondollar: ultra high pressure though :s-smilie: How are you finding balancing your A2 work and your AS Resits?

I haven't been haha. I have yet to start actual revision and currently have no motivation for it. Wbu?
Original post by Manexopi
I haven't been haha. I have yet to start actual revision and currently have no motivation for it. Wbu?

Saaaaammmmeeee, unless someone comes through with life saving info then I need to start A$AP:angry:
Reply 5
Saaaaammmmeeee, unless someone comes through with life saving info then I need to start A$AP:angry:

I still haven't even finished two of my courses :s-smilie: I have to teach myself all of chemistry and I can't bring myself to continue further :L It's so boring and long
Ohh dear that's got me worried now, since i'm doing 3 resits!
Original post by NadeemKha_Arab
Ohh dear that's got me worried now, since i'm doing 3 resits!

I know we gotta spread awareness!!!:afraid::afraid::afraid:
So it just struck me today (not sure if this has been a thread before but I didn't find anything about it) that for anyone resitting AS modules in 2016...wouldn't the grade boundaries be CRAZY high?!

I mean, its obvious that the general trend is that people will gain a higher mark on the second attempt at the paper. Furthermore, without AS students taking the same exam due to exam board changes last year, its probable that less students will be getting the lower grades on the paper (and no I'm not saying that AS students are thick as wood I'm just stating facts).

Therefore, does that mean that the papers will get to the point where to get an A you need 95% RAW MARKS? Holy smokes...

Surely there must another way around this. If there is someone out there with information on this, some clarity would be very much appreciated!

I don't think you can categorically say it will be higher, and even if you could you can't do anything about it. Yes people resitting will tend to do better than they did previously but bear in mind that the people who sat the exam last year and did very very well won't be sitting the exam this year. So yes, the resitters will most likely do better than they did last year, but this isn't necessarily going to be enough to massively change the boundaries as you won't be competing with the AS students who do very very well. Besides, boundaries are something you can't control - focus on the stuff that you can control, and I'm sure your results will be fine, regardless of the boundaries

Quick Reply

Latest