The Student Room Group

Ughhhhhhhh ffs

UhgdfpdsflkdhgkdgfbkzgdfalsdfhalkfhkzxdvfjljKALbjDHSVagsadljfgvasmdljdg;kGkj

Okay, so essentially, I've made a big mess. A really big mess.

Today, we got our exam timetables. I'm resitting a module from last year for Law. So I was reading through my timetable until I noticed that I was entered for the wrong unit. What happened? I started panicking. Panicking like I was drowning and about to die. What did I do next? I made my way to the exams officer and told her I've been entered for the wrong exam. She says okay, come back tomorrow with an extra fee of £60 and it'll be sorted out.

Anyway, throughout the day, I'm thinking about it and realise that I actually don't remember which one of the units I'm supposed to resit. I write a fake note and show it to the receptionist so I can go home to check. I'm all relieved until she says I need to get it verified by the Head. I then think okay, **** this, I'll just wait until lunch time so I can go home, check, return back and tell the exams officer.

I get home and completely forget. I fall asleep, wake up at 4.30 (15mins after the school reception closes), remember, check my results from last year and ****ing realise I am entered for the right exam.

Now, I've emailed the exams officer but I'm scared she's already withdrawn me. I'm trying to recall what she told me before about seeing her tomorrow, but I can't remember her exact words. DKLHSDLKGUH ugh ugh ufh ufh ugh ugh ugh ugh

I just hope she hasn't withdrawn me. I CAN'T STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT UGH FFS WHY THE HELL CAN'T I DO A SINGLE THING RIGHT UGHLDFSGHADFKGH
I don't think she'll withdraw you if you've not yet signed up for the resit yet. Ours didn't for this exacty. Try not to worry :smile: Please!

Whatever happens, you will resit the right module. It'll all work out and you'll be fine :yep: :hugs:
Can you just go back to the exams office tomorrow and say that you made a mistake, and that the exam you are/were entered for (if you've been withdrawn, although it's unlikely she would've got round to it so quickly) is the right one? :smile:
Original post by Student403
I don't think she'll withdraw you if you've not yet signed up for the resit yet. Ours didn't for this exacty. Try not to worry :smile: Please!

Whatever happens, you will resit the right module. It'll all work out and you'll be fine :yep: :hugs:

That makes sense - although I don't think you need any sort of paperwork from the student's behalf to be withdrawn? There is the probability that she's withdrawn me and is waiting for me to pay the fee tomorrow for the entrance of the other unit.

I hope you're right, though! It's just UGHFGHSDFLKGH I don't understand wtf happens to my stupid brain most of the time -_-
Original post by Leviathan1741
Can you just go back to the exams office tomorrow and say that you made a mistake, and that the exam you are/were entered for (if you've been withdrawn, although it's unlikely she would've got round to it so quickly) is the right one? :smile:

That's what I plan on doing. I have to wait 15 hours for that - in that space of time, a lot can be done from her side. There is also the chance that she's already done it :frown:
Original post by fire_and_ice
That's what I plan on doing. I have to wait 15 hours for that - in that space of time, a lot can be done from her side. There is also the chance that she's already done it :frown:

Even if you have been withdrawn, surely you can be re-entered again? :smile:

That makes sense - although I don't think you need any sort of paperwork from the student's behalf to be withdrawn? There is the probability that she's withdrawn me and is waiting for me to pay the fee tomorrow for the entrance of the other unit.

I hope you're right, though! It's just UGHFGHSDFLKGH I don't understand wtf happens to my stupid brain most of the time -_-

It's an honest mistake and you aren't in trouble. It happens. Try not to worry, okay? :h:
Don't stress! I think all they need to withdraw you from sitting a paper is a confirmation from you. Plus it isn't a quick process; colleges usually do this in groups of students for each exam board.

I'm sure at the end of all of this everything will be just fine! :hugs:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Even if you have been withdrawn, surely you can be re-entered again? :smile:

Yes, thankfully. It's just annoying, though. It's not even about the exam enterance anymore. It's about how ridiculously careless I've been acting recently. I don't want the exams officer to have to go through the whole procedure again too - I can tell she's sick of seeing my face so often. She's new, and the stuff I've been going to her for is pretty complicated stuff.
Yes, thankfully. It's just annoying, though. It's not even about the exam enterance anymore. It's about how ridiculously careless I've been acting recently. I don't want the exams officer to have to go through the whole procedure again too - I can tell she's sick of seeing my face so often. She's new, and the stuff I've been going to her for is pretty complicated stuff.

Perhaps being stressed and thinking about your exams etc is causing you to be distracted. You made an honest mistake, this sort of thing happens all the time, don't worry :h:
It's an honest mistake and you aren't in trouble. It happens. Try not to worry, okay? :h:

Thanks

I know I'm not in trouble, LOL! It's just going to annoy me for the rest of the day and tomorrow morning until I know whether or not she's withdrawn me. It's not even a big deal (I've now realised, after calming down and binge eating wispa), but it's my carelessness. My brain is a big mess and I don't like that. :angry:
Original post by undercxver
Don't stress! I think all they need to withdraw you from sitting a paper is a confirmation from you. Plus it isn't a quick process; colleges usually do this in groups of students for each exam board.

I'm sure at the end of all of this everything will be just fine! :hugs:

I'm the only one resitting this unit, so unless she's doing it in groups of students, it'd be a pretty quick and easy procedure. Thanks, hopefully you're right. :hugs:
Thanks

I know I'm not in trouble, LOL! It's just going to annoy me for the rest of the day and tomorrow morning until I know whether or not she's withdrawn me. It's not even a big deal (I've now realised, after calming down and binge eating wispa), but it's my carelessness. My brain is a big mess and I don't like that. :angry:

Wispa is awesome!
Wispa is awesome!

Bitsa Wispa is my absolute favourite - I always buy them in bulks and keep it in my room :teehee:
Bitsa Wispa is my absolute favourite - I always buy them in bulks and keep it in my room :teehee:

:five: YES

Today, we got our exam timetables. I'm resitting a module from last year for Law. So I was reading through my timetable until I noticed that I was entered for the wrong unit. What happened? I started panicking. Panicking like I was drowning and about to die. What did I do next? I made my way to the exams officer and told her I've been entered for the wrong exam. She says okay, come back tomorrow with an extra fee of £60 and it'll be sorted out.

Anyway, throughout the day, I'm thinking about it and realise that I actually don't remember which one of the units I'm supposed to resit. I write a fake note and show it to the receptionist so I can go home to check. I'm all relieved until she says I need to get it verified by the Head. I then think okay, **** this, I'll just wait until lunch time so I can go home, check, return back and tell the exams officer.

I get home and completely forget. I fall asleep, wake up at 4.30 (15mins after the school reception closes), remember, check my results from last year and ****ing realise I am entered for the right exam.

Now, I've emailed the exams officer but I'm scared she's already withdrawn me. I'm trying to recall what she told me before about seeing her tomorrow, but I can't remember her exact words. DKLHSDLKGUH ugh ugh ufh ufh ugh ugh ugh ugh

I just hope she hasn't withdrawn me. I CAN'T STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT UGH FFS WHY THE HELL CAN'T I DO A SINGLE THING RIGHT UGHLDFSGHADFKGH

you are breaking TSR rules by using swear words :u:
Original post by fatima1998
you are breaking TSR rules by using swear words :u:

What a crying shame
What a crying shame

yep

shhh don't worry, you don't have to worry because you can be re-entered again, even if she does withdraw you. Go see her early in the morning and tell her you made a mistake, we all make mistakes, don't worry! I REPEAT DON'T WORRY!
I'm sure that even if the officer did withdraw you, you would be able to be re-entered again in the same way that you were going to be entered for another unit.
Calm down, I'm sure you don't need this stress ontop of what you have already :h:
:hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest