The Student Room Group

Struggling with a dissertation idea?

I'm trying to think of dissertation ideas for my final year but can't seem to find something I'd be interested in.

I want to go into publishing, specifically the editorial side and was wondering if I'd be able to tailor this into my dissertation and what kind of idea I could do...

Can anyone help?
Original post by Nageryof
I'm trying to think of dissertation ideas for my final year but can't seem to find something I'd be interested in.

I want to go into publishing, specifically the editorial side and was wondering if I'd be able to tailor this into my dissertation and what kind of idea I could do...

Can anyone help?

How about writing your dissertation on censorship? That has a lot to do with publishing and what is allowed to be published and not, based on the grounds of freedom of speech, corrupting the innocent, moral depravity, obscenity and blasphemy of religious practices and etc.

Works include Catcher in the Rye, Huckleberry Finn, Dorian Gray, American Psycho, Lady Chatterley's Lover, etc etc. You have loads of novels and some plays that you can really look into!

A lot of 19th century and 20th century texts cover controversial issues that have been banned because of censorship. Even To Kill a Mockingbird was banned in some countries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending