The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath firmers 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bath_Student
Are you a native speaker then? Why Bath?
Home - England for me (see above; 1st response to thread).

What's wrong with the likes of Norwood or Westwood? They look marvelous to me :smile:

I prefer having a shower in my room. :smile:
I am not a native speaker but since I go to an English school my English is relatively good.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
*eagerly awaits fellow plebs who are going for Norwood!*
Reply 22
Hey :smile:
I recently firmed Bath; now just hoping to meet the requirements

What have you applied for?
Architecture with placement

Where are you from?
Austria

What are you studying at the moment?
A-levels; Maths; Physics and Geometry

What accommodation(s) are you interested in?
The Quads
What have you applied for?MSc International Management

Where are you from?I'm from Germany :smile:

What are you studying at the moment?I finished my BA in 2011 in Media and Communication Management

Absolutely no idea :-D I'm not sure which accomodation would be the best as a pg ..
Original post by undine_monty
I'm likely gonna firm Bath.

Sociology with placement

Where are you from?
London

A2 Sociology, Psychology and History

1st - Woodland, 2nd - Malsborough and Solsbury, 3rd - Osbourne (en-suite)

Hi,

It's great to hear that you are thinking of firming Bath! I'm a current second year student so please feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

Beth
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

Can you remember whether you receive anything / when you receive any form of confirmation or letters and the like having firmed Bath?
I have firmed bath :biggrin:

Physics with industrial placement MPhys

Where are you from?
London

maths, physics and chemistry

I don't know what accommodation I'm interested in so instead I'll tell you that my insurance university is York

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Hey!

Architecture

Where are you from?
Newcastle-ish

A-Levels in Maths, Art and Physics and AS Further Maths

The Quads, but wouldn't mind Woodland, Marlborough or Solsbury either.

Original post by Croihe

Architecture with placement

Good to see someone else applying for Architecture :smile: Where else did you apply?
(edited 8 years ago)
Can you remember whether you receive anything / when you receive any form of confirmation or letters and the like having firmed Bath?

Hi there!

I'm a first year Computer Science student here at Bath.

I believe, if I remember correctly, that I got confirmation through an email to my registered address and a message on SAMIS, the Bath Intranet service for current and prospective students.

Hope this helps!

Chris
Anyone here who accepted a conditional offer?
I've uploaded all of the outstanding documents which were required and payed the deposit (so all of my conditions are met). How long does it take for these to get checked by the admissions office? It's been a few days..
Reply 30
Original post by iamJOM
Hey!
Good to see someone else applying for Architecture :smile: Where else did you apply?

I also think the same :biggrin:
I applied to Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh and of course Bath ^^
What were your other choices?
Original post by BlueberryB
What have you applied for?MSc International Management

Where are you from?I'm from Germany :smile:

What are you studying at the moment?I finished my BA in 2011 in Media and Communication Management

Absolutely no idea :-D I'm not sure which accomodation would be the best as a pg ..

Hi,

Feel free to check out our postgraduate options for accommodation here. I am a BSc International Management student, the School of Management here is great and I am really enjoying it. I notice your post above regarding the checking of your documents, as I'm sure you can imagine it is a busy time for the team so there may be a slight delay. I am a student here so sadly I can not give you an exact timescale, it may be worth contacting them if you require any specific details!

Hayden
Hi,

Feel free to check out our postgraduate options for accommodation here. I am a BSc International Management student, the School of Management here is great and I am really enjoying it. I notice your post above regarding the checking of your documents, as I'm sure you can imagine it is a busy time for the team so there may be a slight delay. I am a student here so sadly I can not give you an exact timescale, it may be worth contacting them if you require any specific details!

Hayden

Hey Hayden,

thanks for the reply :smile:! Yes I can imagine they are quite busy at the moment. I guess I have to be a bit more patient. Good to hear you like it there!
Reply 33
Just firmed Bath :biggrin:

Mechanical with automotive engineering. I'm currently doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Art and AS further maths.

Accommodation wise I'm thinking Norwood but I'm hearing a lot of mixed reviews of the noise from the SU?? Anyone know how bad it is?
Thanks!
Original post by c9smith8
Just firmed Bath :biggrin:

Mechanical with automotive engineering. I'm currently doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Art and AS further maths.

Accommodation wise I'm thinking Norwood but I'm hearing a lot of mixed reviews of the noise from the SU?? Anyone know how bad it is?
Thanks!

Eyy a fellow Norwood pleb!
See this:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3905183
Hi,

I'm Rob, a second year civil engineer. I will try and summarise each one of the accommodation option for you.

Norwood - This is quite a nice block, and the rooms are pretty nice. The rent is comparably cheaper for what you get, however, this is probably due to the fact that it is above the students union. I personally have not lived there however I have heard mixed reports. Club nights are twice a week, and last until 2/3am. Some people say that you get used to it pretty quickly and that you learn to sleep through it. Others say that the whole room vibrates and that you can't get a good nights sleep until you go home! I would say that if you like going out and are a loud person, then definitely consider this. If you are relatively timid and don't really go out, then stear clear.
Reply 35

Ahaha pleb?! It looks pretty classy for the price ngl.
Ahaha pleb?! It looks pretty classy for the price ngl.

It really is, but everyone else on this thread is going for the high-end en-suite ones, like Woodland at 160 Pounds a week. Relative to that, Norwood is for "plebs" like you and me :smile:
Reply 37
It really is, but everyone else on this thread is going for the high-end en-suite ones, like Woodland at 160 Pounds a week. Relative to that, Norwood is for "plebs" like you and me :smile:

I just refuse to spend £40 extra per week for a bathroom and some mood lighting!!
I just refuse to spend £40 extra per week for a bathroom and some mood lighting!!

So do I, fellow pleb!
Reply 39
Original post by Croihe
I also think the same :biggrin:
I applied to Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh and of course Bath ^^
What were your other choices?

Quite similar to yours haha - Cambridge, UCL, Sheffield and Cardiff.

Quick Reply

Latest