The Student Room Group

Uclan pharmacy interview/apllicant day

Anyone else got an interview at uclan tomorrow? How are y'all preparing for it?
Reply 1
I have my interview as well tomorrow. I'm just thinking of answers for general questions like why pharmacy and why uclan. Do you know what time we need to be at the university by? My interview is at 11:00am but I'm sure we have to go earlier. I lost the letter they sent with more information about the day.
Reply 2
Yh on the letter it says that registration starts at 11:00 so I'd aim to get there for at least 10:30 and considering that you have the same layout as me our tests and interviews are going to be held after lunch so at about 2:00 & yh they'll probably ask questions based on that, what about the test? How you preparing for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Olivia98hey
Yh on the letter it says that registration starts at 11:00 so I'd aim to get there for at least 10:30 and considering that you have the same layout as me our tests and interviews are going to be held after lunch so at about 2:00 & yh they'll probably ask questions based on that, what about the test? How you preparing for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interviews tomorrow and I'm really nervous. I heard there's a maths test too. What kind of questions were asked?
Reply 4
Original post by P97
My interviews tomorrow and I'm really nervous. I heard there's a maths test too. What kind of questions were asked?

We had 4 mini tests. One was a maths one and it had 5 questions but they weren't that hard, just know how to convert things like g to mg. In another test we had to read an article and just summarise the article by writing down the five main points. The other two tests we just had to answer ethical questions. It wasn't that bad and don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll do well!
Reply 5
What kind of questions did you get asked?! Mines tomorrow and I'm really nervous
Reply 6
Thankyou so much!
Reply 7
My interview is tomorrow, I've been looking at previous threads of uclan pharmacy interviews and apparently some were given buffer solution calculations in the test, did you get anything like this? and also did you get an essay what was it on and was there a scientific test too?
Original post by KZJ
We had 4 mini tests. One was a maths one and it had 5 questions but they weren't that hard, just know how to convert things like g to mg. In another test we had to read an article and just summarise the article by writing down the five main points. The other two tests we just had to answer ethical questions. It wasn't that bad and don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll do well!
Reply 8
Original post by P97
What kind of questions did you get asked?! Mines tomorrow and I'm really nervous

It was just general questions like why pharmacy, why UCLAN, skills you have that a good pharmacist would have( communication, leadeship, teamwork...).
That's all I remember. Also at the end of the interview they ask if you have any questions for them so have a question prepared.

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Laura972
My interview is tomorrow, I've been looking at previous threads of uclan pharmacy interviews and apparently some were given buffer solution calculations in the test, did you get anything like this? and also did you get an essay what was it on and was there a scientific test too?

There wasn't any buffer solution calculations or an essay and no scientific test either. It was only the 4 things I mentioned previously. But they might change the tests and add things like buffer solution calculations and an essay just so it's not the same. I'm not sure though but best of luck for tomorrow!
Reply 10
oh okay! Thank you so much for your help!
Original post by KZJ
There wasn't any buffer solution calculations or an essay and no scientific test either. It was only the 4 things I mentioned previously. But they might change the tests and add things like buffer solution calculations and an essay just so it's not the same. I'm not sure though but best of luck for tomorrow!
Reply 11
Original post by Laura972
oh okay! Thank you so much for your help!

Reply 12
Original post by P97
Thankyou so much!

How did it go?
Reply 13
Original post by KZJ
It was just general questions like why pharmacy, why UCLAN, skills you have that a good pharmacist would have( communication, leadeship, teamwork...).
That's all I remember. Also at the end of the interview they ask if you have any questions for them so have a question prepared.

How was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending