The Student Room Group

Would someone be kind enough...

Ok, so im doing A level maths and i whenever i get stuck i post on here (i do try an ask my teacher during school). I do this quite often and feel like it would be better if i could PM someone - a lot easier than creating a new thread each time. So, if anyone wouldnt mind me asking them for help then please send me a message. Thanks :h:
Reply 1
Original post by kiiten
Ok, so im doing A level maths and i whenever i get stuck i post on here (i do try an ask my teacher during school). I do this quite often and feel like it would be better if i could PM someone - a lot easier than creating a new thread each time. So, if anyone wouldnt mind me asking them for help then please send me a message. Thanks :h:

Why not keep all your questions in one superthread? A lot of members in the past have done that.

I do recommend this as an alternative to PM so you get a range of different help and don't have to wait for your PM helper to be available.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you need help with a question I'll be happy to do so. I normally give information on what you may/will need to do rather than just running through the question itself.
Reply 3
Original post by kiiten

What's wrong with creating a new thread each and every time? Please don't PM people for help, others benefit from you asking questions on the forum! Plus you're more likely to get replies faster on the forum than depending on PM's.
Reply 4
Original post by Vikingninja
If you need help with a question I'll be happy to do so. I normally give information on what you may/will need to do rather than just running through the question itself.

Really!! Thank you, I appreciate it :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Zacken
What's wrong with creating a new thread each and every time? Please don't PM people for help, others benefit from you asking questions on the forum! Plus you're more likely to get replies faster on the forum than depending on PM's.

I agree with this - there's nothing wrong with creating new threads. Better than a single thread but that's also an option.

It will useful for future students who need similar help and find your threads.
Reply 6
Original post by Zacken

Ok its just that i feel like im annoying people by asking questions all the time
Reply 7
Original post by kiiten
Ok its just that i feel like im annoying people by asking questions all the time

I've answered a fair few of your questions on here and not once have I felt annoyed in the slightest! :smile:

I'd much rather you post however many threads on here than PM people.
Reply 8
Original post by kiiten

In this case, what you feel is the complete opposite of what is true :smile:

Someone who gets annoyed by a question should not be helping on TSR.
Reply 9
Original post by notnek
I agree with this - there's nothing wrong with creating new threads. Better than a single thread but that's also an option.

If i create a single thread should i just tag people every time i ask a ques?
Reply 10
Original post by kiiten

No don't do that - that could annoy people :smile:

After a few questions, there should be enough people who have posted in your thread so you get help quickly when you post a new question.

But there really is nothing wrong with creating new threads.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by kiiten

You needn't. People will see your updates and reply to them. You should be clear in labelling your thread as "Kitten superhelp thread" or something so that people know that when there are updates, it is because you have a new question! (OTOH, I don't mind being tagged, so feel free to tag me whenever, but you shouldn't tag people without their permission, I think) :smile:

As notnek and I are saying, there's nothing wrong with creating a new thread each and every time, I guarantee you that nobody will be annoyed. :h:
Reply 12
Right, thanks :smile: - ill do that now
Reply 13
Original post by notnek

Original post by notnek
In this case, what you feel is the complete opposite of what is true :smile:

Someone who gets annoyed by a question should not be helping on TSR.

Seconded.
Reply 14
Before (not for maths) people have been annoyed and said that i could have googled the answer (even though i do that before posting). Thats why i thought i was annoying people by constantly posting. - At least i know now that people are happy to help for maths :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by kiiten
Before (not for maths) people have been annoyed and said that i could have googled the answer (even though i do that before posting). Thats why i thought i was annoying people by constantly posting. - At least i know now that people are happy to help for maths :smile:

The maths forum is a friendly place! Just try and keep your questions specific, always post your own thoughts and attempts and people will be very glad to help. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by kiiten

If you do plan to post questions regularly, please make sure you include all of your thoughts and working.

Quick Reply

Latest