The Student Room Group

I'm a Muslim girl I don't want to fall for him ( non muslim) advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemting
And who defines what Islam is?

Allah through the Quran and Messanger pbuh
Original post by leavingthecity
You're not allowed to talk to boys unless it's work related???????????????

What other reasons are there to talk to boys?
[QUOTE
Tbh even if religion wasn't there, deep inside I wouldn't date him.

They why mention religion in the thread title ?
Original post by Squishy™
What other reasons are there to talk to boys?

Is that a serious question.
Original post by Anonymous
ask him if he's crushing. I like a non-muslim guy too and I'm going to as well.

What are you going to do if he says yh

I'll be his friend , but will keep distance so neither of us develop feelings. I'm not ganna flirt etc
What are you going to do if he says yh

I'll be his friend , but will keep distance so neither of us develop feelings. I'm not ganna flirt etc

Befriend him, be his friend. Try not to do anything sexual. If something does happen i don't care anymore, I will set limits for myself, all I know if I'm definately going to keep virginity whatever happens with anyone, other than that I'm sick of restricting myself like this cause it messes me up in the head.

also, long story short: liked a guy before I thought he was goddamn perfect for me despite his flaws, stopped speaking to him cause it's not allowed in islam: liked him for 2-3 years in secret: when he liked someone else it killed me, hurt SO MUCH. I am not putting myself through that again, it's like missed opportunites very stupid, I regret.

Difference between us though I actually like this guy, you said you wouldn't even date your crush if you weren't muslim.

disclaimer: being his friend - you will catch feelings lmao. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Befriend him, be his friend. Try not to do anything sexual. If something does happen i don't care anymore, I will set limits for myself, all I know if I'm definately going to keep virginity whatever happens with anyone, other than that I'm sick of restricting myself like this cause it messes me up in the head.

also, long story short: liked a guy before I thought he was goddamn perfect for me despite his flaws, stopped speaking to him cause it's not allowed in islam: liked him for 2-3 years in secret: when he liked someone else it killed me, hurt SO MUCH. I am not putting myself through that again, it's like missed opportunites very stupid, I regret.

Difference between us though I actually like this guy, you said you wouldn't even date your crush if you weren't muslim.

disclaimer: being his friend - you will catch feelings lmao. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Yh true stuff friendship
Reply 67
That think those people aren't true?
Wth are u talking about?
So basically instead of saying don't let your religion control you, you actually meant "don't follow your religion"?

I never said that, you inferred that due to your interpretation of your own religion. I said you shouldn't let it control you. If you WANT to follow every single aspect of your religion to the letter, feel free to do so, but you shouldn't feel forced to just so you can say "I am a Muslim".

Islam defines what a Muslim is, if you don't do certain things then u aren't a Muslim. Simple as that.

It is not your place to say what a Muslim is. There are plenty of people who consider themselves to be Muslims and are married to non-Muslims. If you want to disagree with it, feel free to do so in private, but don't go forcing your beliefs on others. Don't agree with what I'm saying? Fair enough, I don't really care what you think. You have shown yourself to be the sort of person I don't particularly want to know.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 68

Of course, women can't be friends or soulmates, only baby-making machines and servants.
I'm pretty fed up of trying to be tolerant of the super-conservative aspects of Islam, so there you go.
Original post by RobML
Of course, women can't be friends or soulmates, only baby-making machines and servants.
I'm pretty fed up of trying to be tolerant of the super-conservative aspects of Islam, so there you go.

I agree
Original post by Supersaps
Why is it so wrong for a muslim to date a non-muslim? Will you fall away from your faith, if you date him?

She will spontaneously combust.
Original post by HAnwar
As a Muslim, do the right thing and stay away from him.

I'm sure you're wise enough to know what the rulings are on dating or forming friendships with males in Islam.

Insha Allah you'll do the right thing :smile:

Damn I'd just love to be a Muslim woman :]
Reply 72
It all depends on what kind of a Muslim you are. If you are a fundamentalist, Sunni wahabi Muslim, you would probably not want to talk to this guy. However, in my opinion, there are more important aspects of Islam that are often ignored and less important aspects that are strictly regulated, such as eating pork, drinking alcohol, not praying Salah 5 times a day etc.

Lying, gossiping and even smoking shisha is haram, however many nowaday Muslims do not consider these as haram. Ofcourse, Zina is a big sin according to the religion and having pre-marital sex would result 100 whips in Sharia law in Saudi Arabia, however I do not think dating, or being friends with a guy is wrong. I am Muslim and I'm currently in a relationship with a girl for 7 months, and I do not see it is a problem, since I am doing my duty as a Muslim everyday by trying to be a better person and Muslim by being kind, helpful and honest. At the end of the day, it is your decision and your belief, and only Allah can judge you, not some hypocritical Muslims or anyone else.
Allah through the Quran and Messanger pbuh

And who has the right "interpretation"? The Quran is very vague and ambiguous
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Talon
I never said that, you inferred that due to your interpretation of your own religion. I said you shouldn't let it control you. If you WANT to follow every single aspect of your religion to the letter, feel free to do so, but you shouldn't feel forced to just so you can say "I am a Muslim".

It is not your place to say what a Muslim is. There are plenty of people who consider themselves to be Muslims and are married to non-Muslims. If you want to disagree with it, feel free to do so in private, but don't go forcing your beliefs on others. Don't agree with what I'm saying? Fair enough, I don't really care what you think. You have shown yourself to be the sort of person I don't particularly want to know.

I don't care if you don't want to know me, it's ironic how you don't want me to voice my thoughts yet you are so eager to share yours.

You said "don't let your religion control you" then you gave examples of people not following their religion correctly. That only implies you are telling them not to follow their religion because you justified your statement by using them reasons. You are implying that she shouldn't let her religion stop her from seeing a non-muslim guy. Therefore you are telling her to not follow her religion. What part of that isn't obvious to you? Where does my 'interpretation of my religion" (let's pretend that makes sense) come in?

In islam, women aren't allowed to marry non-muslims. If they do so it's a sin. I literally also said that Islam is what defines a muslim, not anyone else. If someone does something, that can take them out of the fall of islam, whether or not they still call themselves a muslim is irrelevant because the whole point is that they're a muslim by allahs judgement and no one else's.

I am disagreeing with you telling her to not follow her religion for no reason. It's like me just randomly saying to you "don't let your hair grow on your head" (in other words; shave the hair off of your head) for no reason other than i don't like your hairstyle.

Please tell me one point where i have forced my beliefs on others. I'm not the one instructing someone to not follow their beliefs due to my own preference (like you did). It's funny how everything you accuse me of applies to you.
Original post by chemting
And who has the right "interpretation"? The Quran is very vague and ambiguous

... no it's not?
The interpretations of the quran aren't disputed that much, it's whether you follow certain people and which hadith you follow. Maybe little things about moving your finger in prayer and things like that but there are specifics in the quran which have to be followed. Basically the main course is the quran and the side dishes are everything else if you know what i mean.
Reply 76

Yeah pretty much.

Original post by NickLCFC
Damn I'd just love to be a Muslim woman :]

Alhamdulilah for me being one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys just date girls, they're never serious about them. All they want is the one thing the girls V.
I've seen so many cases.

That's not true at all. You're going to get guys who want to get a girl into bed and you'll find guys who want a serious relationship.

And btw girls can be the same.
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah pretty much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Errrr

What?

Why?!
Reply 79
Errrr

What?

Why?!

I know lel. Why would God would create things that need controlling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending