The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Social work interview

Hi all wondering if anyone knows what process Newport university go through for deciding on places 4 of us went from our college to the interview last Wednesday 2 have been offered places today me and the other girl still haven't heard a thing?
Original post by Reed1203
Hi all wondering if anyone knows what process Newport university go through for deciding on places 4 of us went from our college to the interview last Wednesday 2 have been offered places today me and the other girl still haven't heard a thing?

Hi,

Did you hear anything back? What was the interview like? I've got mine tomorrow.
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
Original post by GWilliams200612
Hi,

Did you hear anything back? What was the interview like? I've got mine tomorrow.

Still not heard a thing! It's driving me insane now! Interview was in 3 parts very relaxed and they were very friendly did you apply late? X
No, I applied beginning of Jan, but I'm doing a foundation at USW so I think they deal with us differently. Heard from everywhere else I've applied for straight away but Newport was my first choice and they took ages. What was the formal interview part like?
Reply 4
No, I applied beginning of Jan, but I'm doing a foundation at USW so I think they deal with us differently. Heard from everywhere else I've applied for straight away but Newport was my first choice and they took ages. What was the formal interview part like?

Sorry for the late reply! How did it go? Mine was ok really friendly did they tell you when you'd hear I'm keeping my fingers crossed funny how they've left you till last x
Seemed to go ok, they started off saying we should hear within a week then decided it may not be until after the easter break! Fingers crossed. Hope you hear soon.
Reply 6
Seemed to go ok, they started off saying we should hear within a week then decided it may not be until after the easter break! Fingers crossed. Hope you hear soon.

Argghhhh the wait is killing me off lol! Was there many of you there x
16 I think. I could really do with knowing before easter. They said they have had 3 days of interviews and have some places left I've been offered a place at Cardiff Met but I live about a mile from Newport campus so it would be a tad easier
Reply 8
16 I think. I could really do with knowing before easter. They said they have had 3 days of interviews and have some places left I've been offered a place at Cardiff Met but I live about a mile from Newport campus so it would be a tad easier

I wasn't offered a place at Cardiff I was so poorly really shouldn't have gone in hindsight! Wish we knew how many places left only hope they get back to us soon I don't know of anyone having a rejection as of yet x
Reply 9
Any news gwilliams? I'm still waiting 😰
I didnt get, I had an email on Friday morning, bit of a shame but off to Cardiff Met I go. Bizarre that you still havent heard. Have you contact them?
Reply 11
I didnt get, I had an email on Friday morning, bit of a shame but off to Cardiff Met I go. Bizarre that you still havent heard. Have you contact them?

Aww no way did you have any feedback? Good luck with Cardiff 🍀
Reply 12
Any news gwilliams? I'm still waiting 😰

Hi Reed, I had my interview at Cardiff Met yesterday and they came back to me today with an offer.
My interviewing panel were so nice and just made me feel relaxed. The tutor said to me that they're looking for people that they can develop and so not expecting for perfection.
I also think the Newport uni process is bit strange, because I met a lady at Cardiff met yesterday who went for interview last week and they gave her place within the same day.
Fingers cross, they might be keeping you waiting for a reason. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by sai8701
Hi Reed, I had my interview at Cardiff Met yesterday and they came back to me today with an offer.
My interviewing panel were so nice and just made me feel relaxed. The tutor said to me that they're looking for people that they can develop and so not expecting for perfection.
I also think the Newport uni process is bit strange, because I met a lady at Cardiff met yesterday who went for interview last week and they gave her place within the same day.
Fingers cross, they might be keeping you waiting for a reason. :smile:

I was offered a place today 🎉🎉🎉😀🎓 I'm so over the moon! I didn't get into Cardiff in hindsight shouldn't have gone as I was so poorly but Newport is lovelyand they were really relaxed and friendly, just don't know anything about time tables or when placements are etc I'm suprised that she was offered a place the same day mind because I know a few gone for the interviews and they've had a wait to? Well done on your place to! X
Reply 14
Aww well done that's fantastic. Main thing is you got in and they saw your passion. Onwards and upwards!.
Yeah she did get an offer on the same day, bit weird but hey. Lol. Let's make toast to future social workers! 🎉🎉💪
Reply 15

Gwilliams I don't suppose you can shed any light on timetables and such likes how many days times and when placements are I seem to be getting nowhere trying to find out x
Gwilliams I don't suppose you can shed any light on timetables and such likes how many days times and when placements are I seem to be getting nowhere trying to find out x

Hi, funnily enough I started trying to find some info on timetables myself today but had no luck. You can see last years timetables if you have a student log in but i guess we wont get them until we enrol. I have only just accepted my place so haven't received any more info yet.
Reply 17
Hi, funnily enough I started trying to find some info on timetables myself today but had no luck. You can see last years timetables if you have a student log in but i guess we wont get them until we enrol. I have only just accepted my place so haven't received any more info yet.

Did you want to know for Cardiff or Newport? I've rang Newport but nobodies there until the 11th 😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending