The Student Room Group

Why are bad boys SO attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The whole protection thing is stupid because the only reason they need protection is because of the 'bad boys' in the first place? I think some women like the drama, adventure and excitement which comes with the unpredictability and arrogance, I shall quote Voltaire in his novel Candide:

“I should like to know which is worse: to be ravished a hundred times by pirates, and have a buttock cut off, and run the gauntlet of the Bulgarians, and be flogged and hanged in an auto-da-fe, and be dissected, and have to row in a galley -- in short, to undergo all the miseries we have each of us suffered -- or simply to sit here and do nothing?'
Original post by Dinasaurus
I find this to be the exact opposite:

All of the popular kids at my school were kids who could play instruments, sing, were pretty much always better looking and were like doing A levels.

Most of the 'unpopular' kids were the like uncool ones who look like they were dragged backwards through a hedge on the way to school, liked to make jokes about Nazis or shootings, like to say "420 blaze it" and posted "gaming memes".

Like at my school we had a girl who was like head girl, got into medicine and she was pretty well known/popular and she was dating this guy who was like a straight A/A* student, one of the best rugby players etc. etc.

I was personally average I guess, I got on with most people and you could see it made sense. Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone but nearly all the time, the kids who were made fun of at my school were the ones with the lowest grades and prospects.

In popular culture, films etc. How is high school portrayed usually? You know, the nerds get bullied and made fun of and the bullies are the ones with the lowest grades and prospects. That's what my point is revealed around.

But you're still right, because it depends on what type of school we're talking about I guess.
I think my point is somewhat still proven when you say " the 'unpopular' kids were the like uncool ones who look like they were dragged backwards through a hedge on the way to school, liked to make jokes about Nazis or shootings, like to say "420 blaze it" and posted "gaming memes"." because comparing them to the A/A* kids " who could play instruments, sing, were pretty much always better looking and were like doing A levels. " who do you think are the 'bad boys' or what group of kids will class themselves as the 'bad boys' ? Definitely not the A/A* student who the head girl is attracted to. But more likely to be the ones shouting " 420 blaze it" LOL. that's funny btw.

I think we can also agree that the 420 bazeits will most likely be and remain the 'losers' just as they were in your school, in their 20s, the singers and straight A grade models will be and remain the popular of the two groups.

Again, just as most things in human life there are exceptions to the rule. People have the great ability to do what they put their mind to in life.

:smile:
Ask me anything I'm (almost) all knowing.
I don't know. I don't find them attractive, if someone plays games or doesn't treat me or other people well then it's an immediate turn off.
Original post by RomanKing
In popular culture, films etc. How is high school portrayed usually? You know, the nerds get bullied and made fun of and the bullies are the ones with the lowest grades and prospects. That's what my point is revealed around.

But you're still right, because it depends on what type of school we're talking about I guess.
I think my point is somewhat still proven when you say " the 'unpopular' kids were the like uncool ones who look like they were dragged backwards through a hedge on the way to school, liked to make jokes about Nazis or shootings, like to say "420 blaze it" and posted "gaming memes"." because comparing them to the A/A* kids " who could play instruments, sing, were pretty much always better looking and were like doing A levels. " who do you think are the 'bad boys' or what group of kids will class themselves as the 'bad boys' ? Definitely not the A/A* student who the head girl is attracted to. But more likely to be the ones shouting " 420 blaze it" LOL. that's funny btw.

I think we can also agree that the 420 bazeits will most likely be and remain the 'losers' just as they were in your school, in their 20s, the singers and straight A grade models will be and remain the popular of the two groups.

Again, just as most things in human life there are exceptions to the rule. People have the great ability to do what they put their mind to in life.

:smile:

I find most of these films are American and I don't think youth culture is the same in the US as it is here, I went on a science convention trip to Chicago and we saw a lot of the American 'science students' and they seemed a lot more overtly nerdy than those of us from Britain. The American ones were like full on pocket protector, big braces, like straight out of a movie.

I think there's two types of bad boys, like obviously those kids might class themselves as bad boys and they were popular amongst others like them but to everyone else there would be the achieving 'bad boy' who was the typical like calm, collected, slightly aloof guy who was 'bad' compared to the majority but they were still not a 'problem'.
women find it attractive being with a confident/narcissistic type - even more so if the 'bad boy' has money and power.
Original post by keturah
I don't know. I don't find them attractive, if someone plays games or doesn't treat me or other people well then it's an immediate turn off.

lol sure you don't.
Reply 47
Some girls love dating the popular guys just so they can whore their reputation, 'Oh i'm dating X' - Oh wow you must be cool or 'Better not annoy her then'
Because you're stupid and then realise how stupid you are when they treat you like shite and they don't ever improve with time while you live under a cloud thinking you can change them. Want my advice keep well away from such sad uckers.
Original post by RomanKing
Lol. You guys are young kids, that's why.

Btw, what happened to the good guys. "The gentlemen" Most of you when you reach probably 21/22 my age you'll start being attracted a guy who looks as if he has his life together or will have his life together because you'll be thinking of the future.
The "badboys" that are fun when you're a child aren't cool at all- they're the losers in your 20s.

This is what I've learnt now in my experience. :smile:

BTW have you ever heard of the saying "the popular/cool kids in school almost always turn out to be unpopular/losers in adulthood"
It's true. I'm 22 now and have/ am seeing it with my own eyes.

University will be the transition that you will see yourself going from teen to adulthood, I guess that's why university is a life experience about personal development and not just about studying books.

lol you are very wrong, a lot of university girls are still naive, and secondly, a lot of the "bad boys" are actually quite driven and ambitious, just break girls hearts in the off time they have from sports/working.
Who are you to tell her what she finds attractive? There are many women out there that don't find so called "bad boys" attractive... Shock, horror. :colonhash:
I personally don't find them attractive lol. Each to their own...
Original post by drowzee
Who are you to tell her what she finds attractive? There are many women out there that don't find so called "bad boys" attractive... Shock, horror. :colonhash:

AWALT
simple
I'm guessing you're a regular visitor of the redpill forum on Reddit, amirite?
Original post by drowzee
I'm guessing you're a regular visitor of the redpill forum on Reddit, amirite?

:clap2: :clap2:
Original post by welcometoib
lol you are very wrong, a lot of university girls are still naive, and secondly, a lot of the "bad boys" are actually quite driven and ambitious, just break girls hearts in the off time they have from sports/working.

Different definitions of 'bad boys' my friend ....
We need to know what we're talking about first people !!

What's the meaning of a bad boy we talking about while we're at it we'll know what isn't a bad boy/ bad girl even, maybe...

BUT c'mon? Am I really wrong? Really? I'm sure I'm at least 75% right ?

Imagine having this conversation with your parents... that should help.
I'd like to see someone tell their Indian parents that they're in love with a bad boy.
Original post by SubZero~
I don't understand. I feel like I'm in the minority whereby you get the genuine boys who act like gentlemen around people and have their priorities straight, which I consider myself to be in, then you get the boys who really don't care what people think and just appear to be bad and act overly confident and think they run the place. I don't understand why girls go for guys like that at all. If that's their preference, so be it. Apologies if I've offended anyone.

Women don't go for bad boys - At least not as a general thing. "I blew up an orphanage" or "Guess who burned down an old folks home?" is not the way in to most women's hearts.

The reason some "Jerks" do well with women is because confidence is sexy and those boys who honestly -don't- care what a woman thinks have a decent facsimile of confidence.

The same thing that women find attractive in a guy is the same thing that makes someone attractive as a personality to you - Someone who walks in to the room and people notice, who isn't afraid to speak their mind but won't try to browbeat other people, someone who lifts up others without being subservient.

Also: As an aside, most people who identify as 'Nice guys' have a problem. They meet a woman, refuse to flirt and simply scamper around them like a lost puppy dog. Then, several weeks or months later, they bashfully walk forward to the girl and say, "Helloilikeyou" and then are mystified and crushed when the woman finds him about as sexy as a puppy dog. Because that is what they acted like and what they've become. It's cute in a completely non-sexual way. When they then try to get the woman to think of them like a sexual being, it's creepy and strange.

Just treat women like you would a best friend that you want to make out with - Laugh, joke, flirt and then make out with. Don't just put them on a pedestal.
Original post by mkap
idk they just are :fan:

:gangster:

y helo

wanna see my 44 ?
Reply 59
Original post by Reue
People find confidence attractive

One has to be bad to be confident?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending