The Student Room Group

Where do you get your news from?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
I know you don't like social platforms all that much and the guardian newspaper but what's wrong with Al Jazeera Arabic/English? I like it the most out of the three

I love Al Jazeera documentaries, they're so good!
Original post by Eternalflames
I love Al Jazeera documentaries, they're so good!

They're really eye opening news/science/cultural documentaries. Especially the ones discussing the current and recent crisis in the Middle East. I've learnt so much history and information from the documentaries
They're really eye opening news/science/cultural documentaries. Especially the ones discussing the current and recent crisis in the Middle East. I've learnt so much history and information from the documentaries

PRSOM, yes they cover a whole range of issues from all over the globe, they're really well made too
Reply 23
I'm surprised at the lack of American news sources. And does anyone here read The Times or IBT?
BBC :smile:
Original post by Foo.mp3
I have no problem with social platforms, it's the numbskulls who pepper them with vacuous drivel and misinformation that bug me :rolleyes:

The problem is that this is a single, somewhat narrow/biased/censored (Qatari/pro-Islam) source, and adding the others you've mentioned does not make for a rounded view as what they add generally amounts to noise/rose-tinted progressive propaganda (particularly when it comes to news items and perspectives that do not cover Islam/Muslims in glory)

Fair enough. I quite like aljazeera,always have. I rarely watch stiffness like the BBC or sky news
Independent and BBC mainly, and sometimes The Guardian and The Telegraph
Secular Talk
Original post by Foo.mp3
I have no problem with social platforms, it's the numbskulls who pepper them with vacuous drivel and misinformation that bug me :rolleyes:

The problem is that this is a single, somewhat narrow/biased/censored (Qatari/pro-Islam) source, and adding the others you've mentioned does not make for a rounded view as what they add generally amounts to noise/rose-tinted progressive propaganda (particularly when it comes to news items and perspectives that do not cover Islam/Muslims in glory)

Not even just pro Islam, they have a huge pro-Gulf/Sunni/Salafi Islam bias...
I use facebook pretty much exclusively for following blogs and news sources these days.

News-wise it's mostly:
BBC
New York Times
Huffington Post
Sky Sports News
Plus some of the main Brazilian news networks/papers.

I also use it to follow lots of music, sports, technology and film/TV blogs and websites.

It's really useful for aggregating them all together on my news feed.
(edited 8 years ago)
The greatest news source going, Daily Mail. :ahee:
Original post by Foo.mp3
So does my father + RT. Personally I like my News a little less Mickey Mouse, I'm old fashioned like that :h:

Used to be a preferred publication of mine, and I was moderately impressed by Lebedev (their owner) when he appeared on QT not so long ago, but they've had to shut down their print media publication and have repeatedly mis-labelled PEGIDA 'far right' in recent weeks :facepalm2:

Didn’t have you down as a right-wing chick :mmm:

Aye, hence “Qatari”

..and that, my man, is why you’re a ‘College Dropout’! :tongue:

I hope to work for aljazeera English,their broadcasting centre is located in the shard. I find them to be unbiased
PressTV
Original post by Foo.mp3

Used to be a preferred publication of mine, and I was moderately impressed by Lebedev (their owner) when he appeared on QT not so long ago, but they've had to shut down their print media publication and have repeatedly mis-labelled PEGIDA 'far right' in recent weeks :facepalm2:

I don't really buy newspapers, so that's not really a problem for me. I'd consider The Independent centre-left (although I'd regard it as the least biased out of the mainstream papers), so I'm not surprised they did. Leftist love to brand any opposition to Islamists and Islam itself as "islamophobia".

Didn’t have you down as a right-wing chick :mmm:

Well, I wouldn't say I'm right wing :colondollar:; I like reading different political stances regarding current affairs, hence why I read The Guardian and The Telegraph. I call myself a centrist; I'm a moderate and I agree with some left wing and right wing ideologies, so I don't lean either left or right on the political spectrum.
Yo momma in the morning.
Breitbart because Milo is hilarious.
The Onion.
I hope to work for aljazeera English,their broadcasting centre is located in the shard. I find them to be unbiased

If you ask me, al jazeera English is too liberal, I prefer the Arabic version.
Original post by Foo.mp3
In their dreams :colonhash:

They censor like crazy

Meant that it's a sign of a weak/unpopular newspaper struggling in the digital age

Reasonable assessment, aye

You'd expect it from The Guardian/Huffington Post, but not so much from the Independent. I felt betrayed, NGL :sad:

Sure sure.. you lil closet BNP-chick! :laugh:

Fairymuff. Do you find yourself 'conflicted on most issues' then? Boom Boom

In that case, perhaps I can tempt you to convert to my little cult

Breaking News: Breaking Beds

Haven't really read the content on there, but it's true, Milo is a comedian (or, rather, makes many a ranty feminazi look like total comediennes) :tongue:

I Love their documentaries on the Middle East,I want to help produce similar ones for aljazeera English. I find that aljazeera Arabic is abit more conservative
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
If you ask me, al jazeera English is too liberal, I prefer the Arabic version.

The Arabic one is a lot more conservative and stricter ,aye. Although the two channels are very similar in some way

Quick Reply

Latest