The Student Room Group

TSR Hindu Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by SunDun111
Where abouts in Gujarat are your family from?

Anand district which is basically half way between Ahmedabad and Vadodara.

Yours?
Reply 1581
Original post by nucdev
x

I feel honoured though, Mataji's heart is in Gujarat, like OMG the heart of Ambamaa is in Gujarat---> Ambaji
bau garv, bau garv! :clap2:
Original post by nucdev

Yours?

Mari daada ne daadi live in Vadodara :tongue:
Reply 1583
Original post by spv
I feel honoured though, Mataji's heart is in Gujarat, like OMG the heart of Ambamaa is in Gujarat---> Ambaji
bau garv, bau garv! :clap2:

Ever been to Pavagadh?

Original post by ravioliyears
Mari daada ne daadi live in Vadodara :tongue:

Nice, :love: Vadodara
Original post by spv
Cake-peetho kya chhe? :laugh:

hahahahaa my dadima and parents both have said that to me when I get rude or saamu bolu---> "su samjhe chhe tara man ma? hu taro friend bend nathi ke tu evi rite bole chhe. (followed by the... *hmph*)" :rofl:

Original post by spv
nah peeth as in 'shakti-peeth' hence 51 slices.

Guys this is the Hindu society not the Gujarati Society :colone:

So lets keep it to english so everyone can understand or take it to personal messages. Ta xx
Reply 1585
Original post by sachinisgod
Guys this is the Hindu society not the Gujarati Society :colone:

So lets keep it to english so everyone can understand or take it to personal messages. Ta xx

:rofl:
You can blame me for that lol. Ffs I derail threads wherever I go haha
Hi newbie here :smile:
Reply 1587
Original post by Dizgurl
Hi newbie here :smile:

Namaskar _/\_
Original post by nucdev

Yours?

Not been their I dont think, my district is Navsari, but I have family in Valsad as well, i also visit Surat often. Ever been to daman? I dont know if thats how its spelled, but its a tourist resort place.
Reply 1589
Original post by nucdev
Ever been to Pavagadh?
/QUOTE]

Never even been to India, let alone Maa Kali's domain. lol
Reply 1590
Not been their I dont think, my district is Navsari, but I have family in Valsad as well, i also visit Surat often. Ever been to daman? I dont know if thats how its spelled, but its a tourist resort place.

Aah ok gotcha so basically South Gujarat

Not Daman, I've been to Diu though (both names are often taken together even though their on opposite sides of Gujarat) - loved it there.
Reply 1591
@spvbhai, sort out your quoting man. Poor from you :lol:
Reply 1592
Original post by nucdev
@spvbhai, sort out your quoting man. Poor from you :lol:

Loool. What's new...

Spoiler

Original post by papad
As Hindus you shouldn't be drinking :frown:

Aren't we allowed to drink?
Original post by nucdev
Namaskar _/\_

Namaskar :smile:
Original post by kiiten

From my knowledge its not Forbidden like it is in other religions, they is no absolute answer regarding whether we should drink it or not. If it was 'forbidden' then why are so many Hindus today drinking? Tbh I'm not sure but from what I gather hinduism is a religion that dosen't really give a strict set of rules.
Reply 1596
Original post by kiiten

From my knowledge its not Forbidden like it is in other religions, they is no absolute answer regarding whether we should drink it or not. If it was 'forbidden' then why are so many Hindus today drinking? Tbh I'm not sure but from what I gather hinduism is a religion that dosen't really give a strict set of rules.

If anything was forbidden in Hinduism, most Hindus would still do it anyway Lol. Let's be honest, the majority of Hindus don't actually know what the religion teaches and wouldn't have even read the scriptures (not that we're a religion that is exclusively fixed to scriptures though).

However, the rest of what you wrote is pretty much on point. I would only add that Hinduism encourages someone to think for him/herself and decide. The power of vivek (discerning and deciding) is within you and you are therefore at liberty to use that.

As the Bhagavad Gita says: "Thus the profoundest of secrets has been explained to you by Me. After fully reflecting on this, do as you wish." (18.63)
[QUOTE="nucdev;63284677"]If anything was forbidden in Hinduism, most Hindus would still do it anyway Lol. Let's be honest, the majority of Hindus don't actually know what the religion teaches and wouldn't have even read the scriptures (not that we're a religion that is exclusively fixed to scriptures though).

However, the rest of what you wrote is pretty much on point. I would only add that Hinduism encourages someone to think for him/herself and decide. The power of vivek (discerning and deciding) is within you and you are therefore at liberty to use that.

As the Bhagavad Gita says: "Thus the profoundest of secrets has been explained to you by Me. After fully reflecting on this, do as you wish." (18.63)[/QUOTE
You are right but they are some things that is taught that people do follow e.g. not eating beef, then again I've seen Hindu's eating beef before but this is quite uncommon.
Yeah I have started reading the Gita, I'll let you know on how I find it in a few weeks.
Original post by jr2007
I'm hopefully setting up this society for Hindus and those interested in Hinduism on TSR. Open to all Hindus and non-Hindus, welcome yourselves on this thread and join in!

Discussions of philosophies, ideas, festivals, beliefs, and whatever will go on.

Click here to join.

Member List

JR2007 [Leader]
Indianz Rule [Vice Leader] - Will be taking over whilst I am studying in University
A Levels Guy
ÁňûβİŚ
Abhinaya
alpesh24
aNgLoPhIlE

Apoorva
ash1
asianangel86
bpatel22
bubu
chandni
coco bunny
Coral
DeSiFiEd
Divya
Eco warrior
evertonia
fblade
galactic_star
Glow
Happyness
Inspector Gadget
Jayjay000
john williams
Journey
joy12
Legal__Eagle
lunatic3100
MayaIllusion
Mkali
Mugdha
ns127
parag
Poonie
prettyp
Q.E.D
RdotR
sabtha
sbhalla
Shivali
Sir Teacup
SolInvictus
Sum Lad
s_rishi1
tigerlilly88
unknown1557
v2006
x-krish-x
xx007
__WiZaRD__
Zoob

I have a question
How could Hindus worship many gods??
And worship idols which are basically man-made?
Original post by Tahira__
I have a question
How could Hindus worship many gods??
And worship idols which are basically man-made?

Read post 46

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending