The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

My friend was permitted to bring in a dictionary for his Mock English Exam. I swear this doesent correlate with the actual exam?
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Could someone help me with my computer science?

Heya, unfortunately my school did not offer computer science, so I can;t help you but if I find anything that may be useful I will pass it on to you :smile:
Original post by ndk123
Heyy!! Are you re writing all your notes? Do you think I should re write them considering i have like 7 weeks until i have my first exam?
Thanks and good luck with your exams.

xx

Hi there :smile:

I am trying to! (trying) so that I can briefly get the info in my head before lesson, understand it in class, and then re-write the notes with extra detail and so I have a neat copy to refer to.

In your case, I would only say re-write them if 1) you have time and 2) if it will help the info stick

If not, then past papers or flashcards are probably a better option.

Thank you and good luck to you too :biggrin:
Original post by Oblivion99
My friend was permitted to bring in a dictionary for his Mock English Exam. I swear this doesent correlate with the actual exam?

Definitely not - you're not supposed to have anything extra in exams (unless English is not your first language) :smile:
UPDATE FOR 07/03/16

Today I've done:

Re-written Biology notes on:

Alcohol

Smoking

Adaptations to cold, dry, hot, extreme conditions

Surface area to volume ratios (heat loss)

And revised Geography:

Wave cut platforms

Maldives and the effect of sea level rise

Bars

Spits

Tombolos

Headlands and bays

Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 07/03/16
Today I've done:

Alcohol

Smoking

And revised Geography:

Wave cut platforms

Bars

Spits

Tombolos

Headlands and bays

Do you find it easier to write notes out and how does it help you?
UPDATE FOR 07/03/16
Today I've done:

Alcohol

Smoking

And revised Geography:

Wave cut platforms

Bars

Spits

Tombolos

Headlands and bays

Which units are you doing for geography? I'm doing The Restless Earth, Water on the Land and The Coastal Zone for Physical, and Population Change, Changing Urban Environments and Tourism for Human

I can't stand geography :biggrin:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Which units are you doing for geography? I'm doing The Restless Earth, Water on the Land and The Coastal Zone for Physical, and Population Change, Changing Urban Environments and Tourism for Human

I can't stand geography :biggrin:

Ooh we are doing very similar. For Physical I am Restless Earth, Water on the Land and Coastal Zoe (all the same :smile:) and for Human I am doing Tourism, Population Change and Development.

I you want any help I'd be more than happy to do so. What is it that you don't like? :smile:
Ooh we are doing very similar. For Physical I am Restless Earth, Water on the Land and Coastal Zoe (all the same :smile:) and for Human I am doing Tourism, Population Change and Development.

I you want any help I'd be more than happy to do so. What is it that you don't like? :smile:

My teacher haha :tongue:
I actually used to love geography in year 9 and the subject does interest me, it's just my teacher now is so annoying and the lessons are incredibly dull :angry:
Original post by NiamhM1801
My teacher haha :tongue:
I actually used to love geography in year 9 and the subject does interest me, it's just my teacher now is so annoying and the lessons are incredibly dull :angry:

Haha
Yeah it's a shame when that happens - the only thing I can suggest is make sure you make the revision more fun or learn the topics around class time so that the lesson becomes revision and that way it is less of a dull experience :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Do you find it easier to write notes out and how does it help you?

I do for most subjects, except Maths. They help me because the first time I write them is before the lesson, so it means I can keep up with the teacher and understand what they are talking about. The next time I re-write them neatly so I can add more details if I need to and also have a neat copy to refer to come closer to exam time. I also then type them up so that I recap the info and have an even neater version that I can access anywhere through my phone.

I leave gaps between each stage of making notes so that it gradually becomes better engraved in my brain :smile:
Good luck! :cute:
I actually am submitting my final English creative writing coursework tomorrow!! may I send you a copy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chaz W
Good luck! :cute:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
I actually am submitting my final English creative writing coursework tomorrow!! may I send you a copy?

Of course :smile:
UPDATE

Today I must revise for my Geography Coasts Test tomorrow so I will do:

Past papers
Make notes (draft) on the topics covered

And maybe write up my corrected German if I get my book back.

I am also at a Maths Competition Wednesday evening so I will have to get any homework that is due done tonight :smile:
may I have some help? thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
may I have some help? thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course - what do you need help with? :smile:
Of course - what do you need help with? :smile:

it's just the final read of my creative writing

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 08/03/16

Today I have:

Written neat notes on Alcohols (chem)

Looked through 4 past papers on Coasts

Written notes and typed points about:

Hard/Soft engineering

Coastal landforms (bars/spits/stacks)

Weathering

Coastal vegetation

Coastal habitats

Studland Bay

Impacts of sea level rise

Cliff collapse

Beach formation

Erosion of the coast

And I have started to write my German up neat so I can reorder it into a comprehensive answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending