The Student Room Group

Non-Muslim guy and in love with

Im a non muslim male, and i have a crush on an alien, please help!!
Not sure if her celestial overlords are strict but is it worth persuing her? Any advice welcome.
Being in love with a pious Muslim is like flinging monkey's feces back at him.

For a while it seems like it's both ways, but then you realize one of you is bothered by feces while the other just enjoys it.
Original post by heineken
Not sure if her celestial overlords are strict but is it worth persuing her? Any advice welcome.

We need more info

1) are u at college uni or work
2) does she wear a hijab / is religious
3) are you even friends
Original post by Withengar
Being in love with a pious Muslim is like flinging monkey's feces back at him.

For a while it seems like it's both ways, but then you realize one of you is bothered by feces while the other just enjoys it.

That's a pretty nasty thing to say, it implies that a person who is Muslim could only ever cause you problems and heartache if they are in your life.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
That's a pretty nasty thing to say, it implies that a person who is Muslim could only ever cause you problems and heartache if they are in your life.

How is that nasty? That's like saying that the fact that there is a Sun is nasty. You may think whatever you want about it, the ****er is still there.

Islam teaches its faithful to marry within the religion (encouraged for men, obligatory for women) and prohibits all other alternatives in most cases. If you're a secular, enlightened, reasonable human being, a pious Muslim will cause you nothing but trouble, that's just the truth. From sexism and homophobia to "othering" of different religions and beliefs.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonbabes
We need more info

1) are u at college uni or work
2) does she wear a hijab / is religious
3) are you even friends

I am a captured prisoner on her familys ship.

She has tentacles.

I think so.
Whatever Islamic beliefs may be, under the ideology they are humans with the same compassion, empathy and integrity as anyone else, you are a sheltered virgin who lives in his mama's basement if you genuinely think that Muslims are these robots programmed for hate.

Ad hominem, ah? So, because I disagree with something you said, I have to be these offensive things you just mentioned? First of all, being a virgin (not that I am) is not bad at all. Virginity is a man-made construct anyway. How many people you slept with, or didn't sleep with doesn't matter at all. You talk about human integrity and compassion and then insult someone for being what, an alleged virgin? Wow. Second of all, as a millenial, it's quite logical I'm not a houseowner at 21. I live in an university dorm, not anyone's basement, but whatever, same difference.

You can't just discredit reality and pretend that people of Islamic faith reject the idea of being a part of a greater society. They simply do. It's a fact. No marrying outside of religion, no making friends outside of religion and so forth. That's what I said. People of Islamic faith behave differently (mostly in a negative way) as a result of their religion and this is a fact you can't deny. Upwards of 70% of Muslims in some countries think you should be punished or imprisoned from converting from Islam to anything else, or becoming an atheist.
Nice fedora virgin.

Yes, very progressive. When your arguments collapse, you start to insult based on your trivial ideas of what's negative. I'm neither a neckbeard meninist or a virgin. I'm what you would call a feminist. And I understand the threat of Islamic beliefs to human beings, particularly women. But for whatever reason, you don't. Poor kid.

I've answered a similar thread in length before so I'll keep it short and sweet.

No.
Reply 9
Original post by Asiimov
I've answered a similar thread in length before so I'll keep it short and sweet.

No.

Someone doesnt actually read posts do they now?
I always wanted to date a ghost, but it ain't happening. Their values are too conservative.
Someone doesnt actually read posts do they now?

Haha maybe, I just assumed you were using alien to offensively mean a muslim girl?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending