The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LiveTheMoment
same here... I applied in November..

I don't even know if they're just building up for a rejection at this point..
Original post by purple-loofah
I don't even know if they're just building up for a rejection at this point..

I know... I am so scared..
Original post by vionart
Yep, firmed it; did you go to the applicant day? :tongue:

Firmed mine too, it hasn't changed to Unconditional as it should yet, little worried :s-smilie: No I couldn't make it, did you?
Original post by kitty.ware
Firmed mine too, it hasn't changed to Unconditional as it should yet, little worried :s-smilie: No I couldn't make it, did you?

They wait 14 days before changing it to unconditional on track, don't worry :smile: Yeah, also went to the open day, it was quite interesting and personally I quite liked it
Original post by vionart
They wait 14 days before changing it to unconditional on track, don't worry :smile: Yeah, also went to the open day, it was quite interesting and personally I quite liked it

Oh phew thankyou!:smile: I went along to an open day and loved it there. Hopefully I'll see you there in September!
Original post by cowie
How long have people waited to receive offers from the Bartlett after interview? Mine was 15 days after I think.

Still waiting for a response, wait is so tense. If i don't get UCL (really really hope i do) I'll accept the unconditional from brookes.
Can one apply for UCAS again after starting studies elsewhere in the UK/EU for first year? Like 1st year art or engineering or something? I do know one can't change courses within the university though...interesting to weigh this against the usual foundation art courses.
Original post by hongwai
Can one apply for UCAS again after starting studies elsewhere in the UK/EU for first year? Like 1st year art or engineering or something? I do know one can't change courses within the university though...interesting to weigh this against the usual foundation art courses.

Expensive option -- you will have to pay a years tuition fee and probably accommodation fees.
got an offer from Newcastle! now I'm just waiting for a decision from Nottingham and UCL! Between Newcastle and Oxford Brookes which one you think is better?
Original post by Francescopsq97
got an offer from Newcastle! now I'm just waiting for a decision from Nottingham and UCL! Between Newcastle and Oxford Brookes which one you think is better?

Congratulations on your offer! I dont know Newcastle that well because I didnt apply to the uni but its doing really good in the league tables. Altough I went to Oxford Brookes and its really nice there and pretty good in the league tables as well. Not much of a help here ahaha. Good luck with your other uni choices!
Original post by nadabannana
Congratulations on your offer! I dont know Newcastle that well because I didnt apply to the uni but its doing really good in the league tables. Altough I went to Oxford Brookes and its really nice there and pretty good in the league tables as well. Not much of a help here ahaha. Good luck with your other uni choices!

Thanks though! Oxford Brookes looks really good to me as well! I went there for an open day but unfortunately weren't able to attend the offer holder day! the Campus is really nice and I got really good feelings about the school after my visit. I'm really keen with Newcastle too! I am pretty confident with my english also because I lived in Canada for a while even though I'm an Italian citizen and mother tongue. Indeed I already took the IELTS which I needed in order to apply to UK Universities, but I have this concern about Newcastle and wondered if any North-eastern and all British could help me out answering this question: "Is the Tyneside accent to hard for a foreigner! This is worrying me a bit, and whats the weather like in Newcastle? besides those concerns I would be really happy with setting Newcastle as my Insurance (in the hope I'll get an offer from The Bartlett!)
Hey, I'm doing a portfolio for Kent and I haven't done an online one before, has anyone got any suggestions? https://gemyerst.carbonmade.com
Original post by gemyerst
Hey, I'm doing a portfolio for Kent and I haven't done an online one before, has anyone got any suggestions? https://gemyerst.carbonmade.com

Hey, I'm definitely not a portfolio expert but I think that yours looks really good. The only thing that I would do is add the medium for each thing and maybe a short text for some of your artworks to explain your intentions. I really really liked the section called "Concentration", you've got some amazing work there!
Original post by LiveTheMoment
Hey, I'm definitely not a portfolio expert but I think that yours looks really good. The only thing that I would do is add the medium for each thing and maybe a short text for some of your artworks to explain your intentions. I really really liked the section called "Concentration", you've got some amazing work there!

Thank you so much! :smile:
Hey guys!! Just got an interview for Architectural Association. Can anyone give me opinion on this uni? Is it even recognized as a good uni?? Whats better UCL? AA? Cardiff?

Thank you:smile:
Original post by akeakeake
Hey guys!! Just got an interview for Architectural Association. Can anyone give me opinion on this uni? Is it even recognized as a good uni?? Whats better UCL? AA? Cardiff?

Thank you:smile:

If I Had the chance to apply there I would have sure applied! Good luck on your interview! AA is as competitive as the Bartlett! They are both really good schools!
Reply 1176
Original post by cwhk
The AA School is not included in the top university rankings because it is a private uni. However, it is the oldest architectural school in the UK and is well known worldwide for it's many Pritzker Prize winners/graduates including Zaha Hadid. Both UCL and the AA School are sort of even i guess, it really depends on whether their architecture course suits you! good luck:smile:

Well actually the oldest school of architecture in the UK is the Bartlett school as it was founded in 1841 while the AA was founded in 1847. But the age of the school shouldn't really affect your choice too much, it depends on whether you want to do a highly art based course or one that leans more to art and design application.
Reply 1177
Original post by cwhk
i meant independent, but thanks for the correction

It's okayyy I just get really pedantic over details haha. In my UCL interview I was asked if I knew the structure of the courses and told him I'd applied to the AA last year and gotten a place but chose not to take it as it was super expensive. He seemed annoyed/mad that I thought it was a good school and I have no idea why haha. He was like 'Oh I could tell you A LOT of things about the AA'. I thought I'd messed up so bad haha
JUST GOT AN OFFER 2 DA BARTLETTTTT!!!! iiiii! so happy see all of yous next year !!!!
Original post by theocider
JUST GOT AN OFFER 2 DA BARTLETTTTT!!!! iiiii! so happy see all of yous next year !!!!

Congratulations! Getting into ththe Bartlett is really remarkable and you should be really proud of yourself! Hope I'll get to see you! I'll be interviewed on April the 12th. Hope that by that time there wI'll still be some spots available!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending