The Student Room Group

Anyone here watch Marvel/DC shows?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheALevelStudent
Nooooooo, team Iron man!!! The movie is going to be amazinG! He's great in the avengers movies

NO! Team Cap!!
Cap is one of those guys tht takes advantage of his surroundings. There r so many scenarios it's impossible to say!!!
BUT
I think it would be an even match because Iron man could fly, and he has all the lasers and missiles and Shtuff, but Cap could just block every attack and throw his shield at Tony
Original post by Fannibal
She is my fave for sure, other than perhaps Deadpool! Have you seen Deadpool yet?

No i haven't!!!! I didn't have anyone to go with:colondollar:
Original post by CleverSquirrel
NO! Team Cap!!
Cap is one of those guys tht takes advantage of his surroundings. There r so many scenarios it's impossible to say!!!
BUT
I think it would be an even match because Iron man could fly, and he has all the lasers and missiles and Shtuff, but Cap could just block every attack and throw his shield at Tony

It seems like all cap does IS throw his shield rofl, whoops language 😂 - cap wouldn't approve haha

Nah its a close call, they're both great. I can't really choose who i like most, i just know that in the movie they are gonna portray both sides quite well and its gonna be hard to choose
Awwwwww, the wait is gonna be agonising lmao!
Yeah its pretty mad.
They are doing Dr strange as well, and dead pool has already been released.

Are you into the whole X-men thing as well or not so much? (I think there is an x men movie this year as well)

EmergencyAwesome on youtube does a great job of talking about all of the marvel/dc stuff

Hahaha you better watch it!!
Are they?!!!?

Nah not so much into X-men :/ sorry!!

Really?! Ill check them out now!!!!
No i haven't!!!! I didn't have anyone to go with:colondollar:

I went to see it twice! It is amazing, I'd recommend seeing it ASAP!
It seems like all cap does IS throw his shield rofl, whoops language 😂 - cap wouldn't approve haha

Nah its a close call, they're both great. I can't really choose who i like most, i just know that in the movie they are gonna portray both sides quite well and its gonna be hard to choose

haha shhhh Cap will still win!! haha

Yeah it could really go either way! Have you seen the trailers for it?! what a question you probably have aswelI! haha

seriously though i can't wait!!!!
Hahaha you better watch it!!
Are they?!!!?

Nah not so much into X-men :/ sorry!!

Really?! Ill check them out now!!!!

I will try and catch up this week aha, and yeah from what I've heard, its towards the end of the year though.

I think X-men was before my time lol, I've seen the movies but not really liked it as much as the other marvel stuff.
haha shhhh Cap will still win!! haha

Yeah it could really go either way! Have you seen the trailers for it?! what a question you probably have aswelI! haha

seriously though i can't wait!!!!

Yeah I've watched all the trailers loll, its too gooooooood! Now for the ultimate question: Marvel or DC??
Yeah I've watched all the trailers loll, its too gooooooood! Now for the ultimate question: Marvel or DC??

Marvel for me! :tongue:

I only love the villains in DC, except for Jessica Jones. However, I love almost everyone in the marvel universe!

depends.
comics: I would say marvel have been better the last few years (personal highlights superior spider-man and incredible hulks)
animation: DCAU hands down
live-action films:marvel
tv:dc

DC!!!
I started watching DC first, so I'll be biased towards that! haha so hence why i'm looking soooo forward to Suicide Squad too (i freak out-lol) !!! And Batman v Superman!! (i'll be there on the midnight premier no matter what haha)
Personally i find Marvel slightly boring!! i watched the some of series but found them a bit slow and boring!!!!
My love for batman is unconditional! haha
What about you?
Marvel for me! :tongue:

I only love the villains in DC, except for Jessica Jones. However, I love almost everyone in the marvel universe!

Yeah but BATMAN lolllll

Original post by quasa
depends.
comics: I would say marvel have been better the last few years (personal highlights superior spider-man and incredible hulks)
animation: DCAU hands down
live-action films:marvel
tv:dc

DCAU is too good, along with the shows. Dc haven't really had many live action films so its hard to judge them on that, the batman trilogy was awesome tho!

DC!!!
I started watching DC first, so I'll be biased towards that! haha so hence why i'm looking soooo forward to Suicide Squad too (i freak out-lol) !!! And Batman v Superman!! (i'll be there on the midnight premier no matter what haha)
Personally i find Marvel slightly boring!! i watched the some of series but found them a bit slow and boring!!!!
My love for batman is unconditional! haha
What about you?

BATMAN is life! if you look at it from an avengers vs justice league perspective, the justice league is just so much better!
They are gonna do a new batman trilogy with ben affleck as well!!!

I was so excited when i found out they casted will smith and margot robbie for the film! Margot robbbie will make an insane harley quinn
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah but BATMAN lolllll

Oh, I love the villains in Batman (I mean who couldn't love Catwoman, Poison Ivy, The Joker, Penguin, The Riddler, etc.) but I find Batman too brooding to love him. Robin and co. is another story. :biggrin:

I literally cannot wait for Suicide Squad!!! A team of DC villains is my dream!

I can't agree that the Justice league is better than the avengers though I haven't seen much of them so I might change my mind as I see them more!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by quasa
gotten fed up of superhero genre tbh, but I enjoy iZombie & am looking forward to daredevil s2

YES! IZOMBIE!!

I love that fact that there's finally a quirky TV show about zombies! I mean, i enjoy the walking dead and everything, but it can be so intense!

Major is my fave :biggrin:
Yeah but BATMAN lolllll

DCAU is too good, along with the shows. Dc haven't really had many live action films so its hard to judge them on that, the batman trilogy was awesome tho!

BATMAN is life! if you look at it from an avengers vs justice league perspective, the justice league is just so much better!
They are gonna do a new batman trilogy with ben affleck as well!!!

I was so excited when i found out they casted will smith and margot robbie for the film! Margot robbbie will make an insane harley quinn

OMG Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Justice league are so much better than the avengers, by far!!

I swear when i found out that Will smith and margot robbie are in it- i freaked out in our common room!! I seriously can't wait to go and watch this:biggrin:
Wait.... a new trilogy?! When?!!!!
Ben Affleck is soooooo much better than Bale, like i really didn't like bale at all!!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Moofish
YES! IZOMBIE!!

I love that fact that there's finally a quirky TV show about zombies! I mean, i enjoy the walking dead and everything, but it can be so intense!

Major is my fave :biggrin:

YES!!!! another iZombie fan. tbt, the main reason I got into it in the first place as its made by the same guy who made veronica mars (some programme from mid 2000's about a highschool detective - had schmidt from new girl as deputy sheriff who the main character had a crush on) but it seemed a lot more interesting than veronica mars (no ******* teenage angst and similar premise to joss whedon's dollhouse)

fav character is def blaine, although I like liv (rose mciver is seriously underrated)
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh, I love the villains in Batman (I mean who couldn't love Catwoman, Poison Ivy, The Joker, Penguin, The Riddler, etc.) but I find Batman too brooding to love him. Robin and co. is another story. :biggrin:

I literally cannot wait for Suicide Squad!!! A team of DC villains is my dream!

I can't agree that the Justice league is better than the avengers though I haven't seen much of them so I might change my mind as I see them more!

Just everything about them!
Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman/Cyborg/Martian Manhunter are just wayyyyy better than the avengers!
OMG Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Justice league are so much better than the avengers, by far!!

I swear when i found out that Will smith and margot robbie are in it- i freaked out in our common room!! I seriously can't wait to go and watch this:biggrin:
Wait.... a new trilogy?! When?!!!!
Ben Affleck is soooooo much better than Bale, like i really didn't like bale at all!!!!

Im not sure when, but its going to be around the times when they release the justice league movies. (please tell me you've seen that teaser too).
The Wonderwoman and aqua man movie will be out in a few years too which also look awesome
Im not sure when, but its going to be around the times when they release the justice league movies. (please tell me you've seen that teaser too).
The Wonderwoman and aqua man movie will be out in a few years too which also look awesome

have i seen the teaser?! of course i've seen the teaser trailers!!!! i watched them sneakliy at the back of an econ lesson hahaha
yes!!!! the Wonder woman and aqua man movie will be good i reckon!! why do we have to wait so long to watch them:angry:
Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Agent Carter I will make the conscious effort to watch every episode, they're pretty much the perfect example of comic book shows done right and are amazing.

The rest I follow but don't ensure I watch every episode. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is remarkably good given all the hoops it has to go through and the fact that it is always altered by the films yet can never influence them, has about a tenth the budget and none of the main film characters will ever appear in it.

Arrow was really good for seasons 1 and 2, something happened during season 3 where it got crap, it has gotten a bit better for season 4 but the villain is so ****ing dull and non-threatening. The Flash is pretty good although the flash saying he's the fastest man alive when every single speedster villain he faces is much faster than him is funny in the wrong way. Legends I watched the one in the future of Star City and wanted to like it for Sara Lance and Rip Hunter as I like the actors but Vandal Savage isn't scary when he's died about 5 times in the show already, feels like its trying to do the Firefly formula but didn't get the mix right.

Gotham got a lot better in season 2 although I do think they're introducing a lot of the Batman villains at once, the Jerome character was utterly fantastic (I actually really hated that they put him in at first but the performance won me over).

Quick Reply

Latest