The Student Room Group

Would you marry someone that doesn't share your religious beliefs?

I just wanna know a yes or a no really :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Yes
No

You now have what you wanted, a yes and a no ^ :h:
Unlikely but based on past experiences, would never say never. I could stretch as far as high-church Anglican, realistically. Not very far beyond that (am Roman Catholic) :jebus:
Reply 4
Yes
No, I just feel it'd cause problems in the long term. :frown:
not a chance
Ummm I don't have a religious belief...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be very hesitant to date a religious individual, my 'religion' being atheism.
Original post by Biryani007
No

You now have what you wanted, a yes and a no ^ :h:

thank you, I hope you didn't just write no so I could get what I wanted tho:biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Unlikely but based on past experiences, would never say never. I could stretch as far as high-church Anglican, realistically. Not very far beyond that (am Roman Catholic) :jebus:

has having different faiths proven to lead to difficulties in your past then?

and I love that emoji so much
Yes :smile:
Original post by Justmoll28
not a chance

hmm interesting
Original post by Just want oreos
thank you, I hope you didn't just write no so I could get what I wanted tho:biggrin:

Haha no, I really wouldn't marry someone who doesn't follow the same religion :lol:
Original post by Lord Samosa
No, I just feel it'd cause problems in the long term. :frown:

yea i get you, maybe with kids and stuff
j
Original post by sa33d97
im vegan

is this great guy?
Original post by Just want oreos
has having different faiths proven to lead to difficulties in your past then?

and I love that emoji so much

It was actually really nice and eye-opening, hence why I'd now say "never say never" (previously would have been outright 100% no). It wasn't really a relationship though, and I'm acutely aware that had it been a proper relationship, it would not have been easy at all and there would have been a lot of inner turmoil and unspoken feelings. Which isn't healthy, at the end of the day.

Me too :awesome:

Your username has made me hungry though :frown:

#TLGProblems
I'm not religious myself and I don't mind religion per se, but it'd depend on what religion they were and also how strongly into they were. I can't be bothered with someone who proselytises, or had particular beliefs or opinions that really troubled me.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It was actually really nice and eye-opening, hence why I'd now say "never say never" (previously would have been outright 100% no). It wasn't really a relationship though, and I'm acutely aware that had it been a proper relationship, it would not have been easy at all and there would have been a lot of inner turmoil and unspoken feelings. Which isn't healthy, at the end of the day.

Me too :awesome:

Your username has made me hungry though :frown:
#TLGProblems

my username makes me hungry too :frown: also loving that you made ur own hashtag xD
Reply 19
Original post by nucdev
Yes

Saachi?

For me, it would probably be a no, unless Jain, then yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending