The Student Room Group

Rule #1 of life

Never argue with anyone. This is extremely important. Even if you're sure you're right. Even if you're certain you're right.
What's the point in arguing? So you can prove you're right? So you an feel a little more superior than the person you've argued with? So you can make them feel a little more insecure than before the argument?

What have you gained out of all of this? Absolutely nothing. Arguing is regressive. This is why I agree with people, I never challenge them. I get what I want from them personally. You can't get what you want from people if all you want is to be a dick and feel superior to them.

Arguing is something a successful person will never do.
Some would say you're bit of a pussy?
Rule # 1 is being respectful and courteous👌🏼
Original post by Awesome Genius
Some would say you're bit of a pussy?

This is solid advice here, son. Read it like it's an extract from a Holy book.
I recommend eating more than just watermelons. You'll gain weight in no time.:redface:
Reply 5
to never take anything personally, and dont assume things. always ask and then trust theyre telling you the truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CantGainWeight
Never argue with anyone. This is extremely important. Even if you're sure you're right. Even if you're certain you're right.
What's the point in arguing? So you can prove you're right? So you an feel a little more superior than the person you've argued with? So you can make them feel a little more insecure than before the argument?

What have you gained out of all of this? Absolutely nothing. Arguing is regressive. This is why I agree with people, I never challenge them. I get what I want from them personally. You can't get what you want from people if all you want is to be a dick and feel superior to them.

You need to alter this a little. Never argue with someone who isn't willing to engage in a civil discussion. No point in trying to have a proper discussion with someone who simply resorts to calling you names. However, if the other person is willing to hear your point of view and express their own respectfully, I don't see the harm.
Original post by BookBird
You need to alter this a little. Never argue with someone who isn't willing to engage in a civil discussion. No point in trying to have a proper discussion with someone who simply resorts to calling you names. However, if the other person is willing to hear your point of view and express their own respectfully, I don't see the harm.
Don't argue at all. Arguing is pointless and regressive.
Original post by CantGainWeight

You should have created this thread in the news & current affairs forum. The response would definitely have been amusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest