The Student Room Group

Mphil Management Cambridge 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

I just got an email asking me to interview with the course director! I didn't think they were interviewing as part of the application for this course... Anyone else in my boat? very strange indeed... still on BoGs.
Original post by hockeyswim
I just got an email asking me to interview with the course director! I didn't think they were interviewing as part of the application for this course... Anyone else in my boat? very strange indeed... still on BoGs.

That's quite unusual. But at least you're at the BoGs stage! I'm still under consideration by department, unfortunately.
wow, never heard there is an interview too...
Good luck with your interview Hockeyswim! If you don't mind, tell us about it afterward then!
It's not for another 9 days :s-smilie:
Does anyone have the contact phone number or email address for business school admissions?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EconomistJack
Does anyone have the contact phone number or email address for business school admissions?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going to write to them regarding the offer result?

I found +44 (0)1223 339700 and [email protected] on JBS site,
not sure if it directly contacts the admission team tho.

Alternatively, you can also contact the Mphil Mgmt team via https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1579379-MAC5U1CvEF

I'm considering email to ask them too... as it's such a long wait (since oct!) and I have to give answer to other schools soon... :/
Original post by miremind
Are you going to write to them regarding the offer result?

I found +44 (0)1223 339700 and [email protected] on JBS site,
not sure if it directly contacts the admission team tho.

Alternatively, you can also contact the Mphil Mgmt team via https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1579379-MAC5U1CvEF

I'm considering email to ask them too... as it's such a long wait (since oct!) and I have to give answer to other schools soon... :/

Hey miremind! Can you let me know if you are going to contact them? Because I think I will call them as well
Original post by r0xybrat
Hey miremind! Can you let me know if you are going to contact them? Because I think I will call them as well

I think I will send them an email now, as it's already Friday and it probably will get struck over weekend. Calling would be my emergency choice when I critically desperate lol, as I'm an international student...

But If you are gonna call, would you mind update info you got? :smile:
Does anyone know how many courses I can apply for at the same time in Cam???
I think I will send them an email now, as it's already Friday and it probably will get struck over weekend. Calling would be my emergency choice when I critically desperate lol, as I'm an international student...

But If you are gonna call, would you mind update info you got? :smile:

Hey miremind, just called them. Same old reply, they said if you haven't receive any information means that they have yet to process your application!
Hey miremind, just called them. Same old reply, they said if you haven't receive any information means that they have yet to process your application!

Thanks r0xybrat!
But wow, what do they mean by yet to process? They haven't made decision (cos we are 'average-profile-so-to-be-put-on-hold-then' group) or they havent even seen our applications at all (after all these months...)?

Btw do you hold any offers from other schools? If so, how are you going to do with the deadline?
Thanks r0xybrat!
But wow, what do they mean by yet to process? They haven't made decision (cos we are 'average-profile-so-to-be-put-on-hold-then' group) or they havent even seen our applications at all (after all these months...)?

Btw do you hold any offers from other schools? If so, how are you going to do with the deadline?

I think the lady meant they haven't manage to go through our application and it should be in a few weeks time. Yea I currently have an offer from LSE. I've accepted it first but i will reject it if I get this offer :smile:
I think the lady meant they haven't manage to go through our application and it should be in a few weeks time. Yea I currently have an offer from LSE. I've accepted it first but i will reject it if I get this offer :smile:

Congrats on your LSE offer! I didnt apply to LSE as they require GMAT/GRE and their mim programme is 2-years. But as I understand, LSE doesnt fee payment to secure a place right?

I myself got offer from Warwick, which I need to accept and pay a fee around 10th April... Hope the offer comes through before that time then!
Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for a while and I am new here. I applied in middle December and status is still under consideration by department. The waiting is killing me !!
Original post by Silvia.
Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for a while and I am new here. I applied in middle December and status is still under consideration by department. The waiting is killing me !!

Hello comrade! Welcome to the gang :smile:
I really hope the result will come out by the end of the month, even though they state it could be much later than that :frown:
Hi everyone. I've called the admissions and it sounds we have to wait for some time as they are still working on many of the applications.
Original post by Silvia.
Hi everyone. I've called the admissions and it sounds we have to wait for some time as they are still working on many of the applications.

Did they say anything for estimated timescale? like in a week or 2 weeks or something?
No, they didn't give me the timescale - but "it's not close" to the decisions - that's what they said. Sad.

Did they say anything for estimated timescale? like in a week or 2 weeks or something?
Original post by Silvia.
No, they didn't give me the timescale - but "it's not close" to the decisions - that's what they said. Sad.

really sad indeed. I've waited for 5 months :frown: almost half a year and don't even know whether it's an offer or a rejection.
I was wondering if they even sent out any rejections - everyone is either waiting or offered a place....

really sad indeed. I've waited for 5 months :frown: almost half a year and don't even know whether it's an offer or a rejection.

Quick Reply

Latest