The Student Room Group

Girl I like takes a long time to reply to my messages

So there's this girl that I like and whenever we've spoken we're really flirty with each other but recently she has been taking a long time to reply to my messages or not replying at all.

For example I'll send her a message and she won't reply to it until days or sometimes even a week later and she will just carry on the conversation as though there hasn't been a long gap between messages. But the worst thing is when I have sent the message I can see that she has read it but just isn't bothering to reply. When she finally does reply to my messages I respond straight away so I make it seem like I'm desperate.

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
shes lost interest
Original post by mkap
shes lost interest

Brutal but true. As a girl, if I'm keen I'm keen. If I'm not I'm flaky. Not many girls actually play games when they genuinely really like a guy. I don't play games full stop but from most female friends I get the overwhelming impression that when a girl is genuinely into a guy they won't be evasive on the messaging front.

Other reasons: stuff going on in life, doesn't realise you like her like that, mental health issues, comittment phobia, problems with an ex or recent break up, resentment of instant messaging culture.
Reply 3
Original post by Ethereal World
Brutal but true. As a girl, if I'm keen I'm keen. If I'm not I'm flaky. Not many girls actually play games when they genuinely really like a guy. I don't play games full stop but from most female friends I get the overwhelming impression that when a girl is genuinely into a guy they won't be evasive on the messaging front.

Other reasons: stuff going on in life, doesn't realise you like her like that, mental health issues, comittment phobia, problems with an ex or recent break up, resentment of instant messaging culture.

So what should I do? If I delete her off Facebook or Twitter she'll message me asking why I've done it.
Original post by Anonymous
So what should I do? If I delete her off Facebook or Twitter she'll message me asking why I've done it.

No. The way of dealing with this is not deleting it. It's asking her how she feels and telling her explicitly how you do. Awaiting her response to tell you either way, and then taking responsibility to move on.
Reply 5

You & I should be on first name basis imho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No. The way of dealing with this is not deleting it. It's asking her how she feels and telling her explicitly how you do. Awaiting her response to tell you either way, and then taking responsibility to move on.

Ok. I'm just getting a lot of mixed signals from her, two weeks ago she just messaged me out of the blue saying "hope you're ok I've not spoken to you in ages and I miss our little chats."
Original post by Anonymous
Ok. I'm just getting a lot of mixed signals from her, two weeks ago she just messaged me out of the blue saying "hope you're ok I've not spoken to you in ages and I miss our little chats."

The clue is in the mixture of the signals. Just tell her how you feel, say that you know she probably doesn't feel the same but you wanted to tell her and be honest so that you can still be friends without you getting hurt because you were expecting more. If she's not sure you like her she isn't just gonna tell you she's not interested because she would feel presumptuous / arrogant for doing so. It also eliminates the slim chance that she's one of those girls who likes people on a string for her own ego massaging. Telling her basically is a win win situation apart from a temporary dent to your ego if she ain't keen.
Original post by SA-1
You & I should be on first name basis imho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Based on ? My name is slim shady.
Reply 9
If she's interested you'd think she'd do absolutely anything to make it clear, nah people don't work like that, girls play hundreds of mind games. I've got a really dumb guy in my avatar but he's right about something, people don't like winning, if they did they wouldn't play games that undermine their success.
omg this sounds like me lol
Reply 11
Original post by whorace
If she's interested you'd think she'd do absolutely anything to make it clear, nah people don't work like that, girls play hundreds of mind games. I've got a really dumb guy in my avatar but he's right about something, people don't like winning, if they did they wouldn't play games that undermine their success.

haha brilliant!
Reply 12
Original post by jawsontheflooor
omg this sounds like me lol

Why are you taking weeks to reply to my message?
Reply 13
Based on ? My name is slim shady.

I can't say openly on this thread unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by mkap
shes lost interest

Did she have a joint bank account?
Reply 15
Original post by whorace
Did she have a joint bank account?

why am i quoted lol?
Reply 16
Original post by mkap
why am i quoted lol?

Finance puns
Reply 17
Original post by whorace
Finance puns

hhahahahaahhahahaaah
Reply 18
Original post by whorace
Finance puns

:rofl: ohh i get it nowww
If she's keen, she'll be messaging you. She's not keen at the moment.

That said, people arn't binary. She may not know herself whether she likes you or not yet.

Personally, I would stop trying to hit her with small talk as that's a riveting conversation for precisely no one if she's taking a week to reply to it.

Tell her how you feel. And then don't message her for a while and leave the ball in her court then. She'll probably at least be flattered as long as you don't try to push it.

Best of luck.

SS

Latest

Trending

Trending