The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

High fees of universities

Does the high fees Universities charge these days effect the room for choice for people who are unable to pay ?
Do you mean people who are unable to pay the fee? I think you are thrown out by the university pretty quickly if they don't receive your fees.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by Des_Lumières
Do you mean people who are unable to pay the fee? I think you are thrown out by the university pretty quickly if they don't receive your fees.

yes, does the fact that universites charge soo much over the years effect the course/acacdemic choices "poorer" people may have.
Hmm, well certainly. Individuals from poorer backgrounds often might be very disinclined to study away from home due the cost of living, which could seriously limit their options (although this is not relating directly to the fees, as such). Other individuals might be totally discouraged from attending by their community due the course fees and also due to the fact that as a student they would not be immediately earning. Individuals may also feel, as they are investing a sum of money in their studies which is relatively so large to them, that they should select a discipline which may lead to a higher income - which I think is perhaps what you're getting at in your question (especially as they must become financially independent and would not be expecting any inheritance). There are also many reasons not directly related to fees that might influences people's choices in these situations, such as: fear to invest, pressure to provide for relatives as quickly as possible, cultural conceptions about certain jobs and areas of study, fear in relation to survival, and the exclusiveness of certain disciplines/ institutions.

Hope this gives you some ideas! : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending