The Student Room Group

Anyone here watch Marvel/DC shows?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CleverSquirrel
What do you watch?

I haven't really read the comics but I have been watching some series religiously!!
For example, Gotham, Legends of tomorrow, The Flash and Arrow are just a few, also Agent Carter and Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D!!

Alot of people I know arn't into Marvel and DC and there's SOO much I want to talk about!!:biggrin:

I cant wait for Dr Strange, Dawn of Justice to come out! Oh and Black Panther!
The Flash and Arrow series are both the BEST! You are officially one of my friends! (Sorry my bestest friends can only be Rickman (and Cumberbatch) lovers (RIP Alan).
YOU ROCK!
Reply 81
Anyone planning to watch the luke cage, iron fist & defenders series??
Original post by Loca45

Netflix have absolutely knocked it out of the park with Daredevil and Jessica Jones, so I'm really excited for future series from them. Not only are they arguably the best Marvel/DC television properties right now (that's not just factoring my dislike of the other shows, they're the highest rated Marvel/DC shows on IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes and Meteoritic for both critic and audience scores), they're some of the better shows of the last few years in general. I look forward to seeing Netflix continue to push the envelope of this genre of TV for a long time yet :yep: My biggest concern is that I will most likely be working in the middle of the ocean when Luke Cage airs which means I won't be able to binge watch an entire season in one day :ahee:
Original post by SMEGGGY
I didn't like his costume. It's nothing like the film one so put me off

Posted from TSR Mobile

The black costume was based on the revised origin story for Daredevil from the nineties (which also serves as the basis for the plot of Season One), however it seems like a pretty minor thing to get put off by? That said, he moves to the traditional red costume as the season progresses, if that is your main issue.

I think it would be an even match because Iron man could fly, and he has all the lasers and missiles and Shtuff, but Cap could just block every attack and throw his shield at Tony

Both have plot armour, it's unlikely either will actually try and kill the other :ahee:

But yeah, in a one-vs-one fight it would have to go to Iron Man. For every area they're matched, the fact remains there's not much Cap can do to inflict real damage on Stark's armour or match his manoeuvrability. If Tony actually wanted to kill Cap, he'd be able to get around the shield.
Is it? I don't read or follow comics do only go by pictures of the superhero characters. Just thought he was always in the dark red/burgundy costume as was in the film.

I will give it another go as heard it is dark and I like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loca45

I don't like Jessica as she has no superpowers, the same with Luke Cage, Green Arrow, Agents of Shield, Black Widow, Hawkeye, to name a few. Batman, Captain America, Iron Man are exceptions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
That screenshot's from Man Without Fear right? I can spot Frank Miller's writing from a mile away. He writes everyone and everything like Batman lol.
Original post by RickmanAlways
I cant wait for Dr Strange, Dawn of Justice to come out! Oh and Black Panther!
The Flash and Arrow series are both the BEST! You are officially one of my friends! (Sorry my bestest friends can only be Rickman (and Cumberbatch) lovers (RIP Alan).
YOU ROCK!

Haha Hey best friend 😂😉
Omg!!!!! The flash and arrow are my all time favs!! Including Legends of tommorow and Gotham!!! Yay I've found more of my people!!!
Ooohhhhh I'm looking forward to Black Panther!! Have you seen the previews for it?!? *fangirling crazily*

Though I'm only on season 2 of Arrow so shhhh no spoilers😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha Hey best friend 😂😉
Omg!!!!! The flash and arrow are my all time favs!! Including Legends of tommorow and Gotham!!! Yay I've found more of my people!!!
Ooohhhhh I'm looking forward to Black Panther!! Have you seen the previews for it?!? *fangirling crazily*

Haha you Rock too! *high five*
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Is it? I don't read or follow comics do only go by pictures of the superhero characters. Just thought he was always in the dark red/burgundy costume as was in the film.

I will give it another go as heard it is dark and I like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah he had a period of using a homemade suit when he first started before acquiring the classic costume later down the line.

Original post by SMEGGGY
I don't like Jessica as she has no superpowers, the same with Luke Cage, Green Arrow, Agents of Shield, Black Widow, Hawkeye, to name a few. Batman, Captain America, Iron Man are exceptions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jessica has superhuman strength and some degree of flight, and Luke Cage also has superhuman strength as well as unbreakable skin :yep:

Original post by Hussm
That screenshot's from Man Without Fear right? I can spot Frank Miller's writing from a mile away. He writes everyone and everything like Batman lol.

Correct :smile: I've not actually read it myself, comics and graphical novels are one of the things I've wanted to get into.
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you miss the bit where she casually lifts up the back of a car one handed?
Reply 91
Original post by quasa
YES!!!! another iZombie fan. tbt, the main reason I got into it in the first place as its made by the same guy who made veronica mars (some programme from mid 2000's about a highschool detective - had schmidt from new girl as deputy sheriff who the main character had a crush on) but it seemed a lot more interesting than veronica mars (no ******* teenage angst and similar premise to joss whedon's dollhouse)

fav character is def blaine, although I like liv (rose mciver is seriously underrated)

Ahh i remember Veronica Mars, I watched it briefly but never really managed to get in to that one. I love the theme song to iZombie though, it's very catchy!!
Reply 92
They are my fav shows atm I just hope they can keep up the quality for a few seasons. Do you prefer daredevil or JJ, Kingpin or Killgrave? Also when is luke cage airing?
Reply 93
You should give them a go. Quite an enjoyable medium. The stuff outside of superheroes can be really good too, many of the properties get picked up for movies/tv shows.
Haha Hey best friend 😂😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

And SUICIDE SQUAD!
Original post by rickmanalways
and suicide squad!

i cannot wait for suicide squad omg!!!!!!! Will smith!!!!!
i cannot wait for suicide squad omg!!!!!!! Will smith!!!!!

Suicide squad! Woot woot!
Reply 97
What're people making of the new civil war trailer?
Original post by Loca45
What're people making of the new civil war trailer?

Looks awesome :teeth:

Original post by Loca45
They are my fav shows atm I just hope they can keep up the quality for a few seasons. Do you prefer daredevil or JJ, Kingpin or Killgrave? Also when is luke cage airing?

I think JJ and Kilgrave are more interesting than MM and Kingpin, but I feel like Daredevil's character roster is more well rounded overall. Punisher is going to make an awesome addition!

They still haven't confirmed th exact release date, which implies a late 2016 release. Assuming they're spacing out their marvel series by approximately 6 months each (DD Season 1 in April, JJ Season 1 in November, DD Season 2 in March), I would guess September-October as the timeframe.
Reply 99
I watched Daredevil and Jessica Jones when they came out. Really liked them both for not being tied into the MCU, think they were the kind of characters that suited a series more than a film. They could both be easily compressed to 10 episodes though rather than 13. Looking forward to seeing the second series of Daredevil on Friday though, think Charlie Cox has really sunk his teeth into the role and I did like the contemporary take on both. Kingpin and Kilgrave were decent villains as well.

Quick Reply

Latest