The Student Room Group

Drama and theatre studies applicants 2016 entry!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by TP0983
Anyone heard back from Guildford? When are they holding their recalls?

For MT or acting? I had my MT first round audition on Friday 26th Feb and got an Emily this Tuesday saying I got a recall! It's for a week today! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 461
Thank you so much for your advice about Guildhall. I was wondering whether Guildhall is a group audition? And what the questions were like that asked you??
Hi, how long does it take for East 15 to let you know? Its been more than two weeks since audition..
How long did it take to come through? More than two weeks since audition but not heard anything.
Original post by izziiha
Hi! I'm on the reserve list for BSA and I got to the final round of LIPA. I also have a few foundation offers (all of which I'm happy with considering it's my first year applying).

Well done! I've had little luck, except for at BSA where they gave me an unconditional offer for their foundation which I hadn't even applied for. Everywhere else has been a solid no though a couple have suggested I apply for an alternative course.
What foundation courses have you been offered?
Original post by mrcalak
Hi Guys, I'm currently auditioning for the 2016 entry for Drama Schools and decided to start a blog to hopefully help others and also as a release, the blog is called "Thememoirsofastrugglingactor . wordpress . com" hope you like it!

The link to your blog does not seem to be working...or at least for me.

Edit: Nevermind, it works :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 466
Does anyone have any information about lamda auditions? Experiences etc.?
Original post by msaot

It's the fastest audition you will have. Basically you go in, do your monologues to a panel of two (literally 5 mints) then you go to another room where you have a casual chat with two other people (10 mints) and thats it. You're done.
Reply 468
Ah okay. Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 469
Do lamda prefer speeches direct to the panel do you know? Eye contact?
Original post by msaot
Do lamda prefer speeches direct to the panel do you know? Eye contact?

From what I remember LAMDA is one of the schools that they don't you to look directly at them. ( It was literally a 5 minute audition so I don't remember 100%)
Reply 471
Original post by ThanosTsar
From what I remember LAMDA is one of the schools that they don't you to look directly at them. ( It was literally a 5 minute audition so I don't remember 100%)

I just had my audition today. They said I could absolutely look at them if I wanted to, just had to be aware that they could be writing something down and if that broke my concentration it was fine to look anywhere else too. The only thing they asked me to do was stand at a certain distance, but apart from that I could choose everything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am 17 years old and I have an undying passion for drama and theatre.. I've had this passion and hopefully talent for a long time, but I've done a year of makeup coming from secondary school and now I feel so lost..and I know that this is my calling and what I want to live and breathe. But I have no sort of, higher education and have had no education is Shakespeare etc. I just know I am ready to show people what I've got. I've been in theatre and done countless pieces but obviously nothing progressing on. Anyone on here, would you suggest I get more education in drama before I go to audition or shall I just go for it. And if anyone can help me out with any aspects, I'd be more than happy to email people!
Original post by msaot

Hey, I've written about my Lamda audition 2016 experience on my blog - https://aspiringactresssite.wordpress.com

Hope this helps x
Reply 474
Original post by Natalie28j
I am 17 years old and I have an undying passion for drama and theatre.. I've had this passion and hopefully talent for a long time, but I've done a year of makeup coming from secondary school and now I feel so lost..and I know that this is my calling and what I want to live and breathe. But I have no sort of, higher education and have had no education is Shakespeare etc. I just know I am ready to show people what I've got. I've been in theatre and done countless pieces but obviously nothing progressing on. Anyone on here, would you suggest I get more education in drama before I go to audition or shall I just go for it. And if anyone can help me out with any aspects, I'd be more than happy to email people!

You don't have to have ANY qualifications specifically relating to theatre to apply and audition to drama school, and you certainly seem to have a wealth of experience already! Just go for it and see what happens, the worst that could happen is that you don't get in, and you never know! If you are new to auditioning Birmingham School of Acting also offer you feedback on your pieces at the audition, so might be a school worth considering! Good luck!
Original post by BecksK
You don't have to have ANY qualifications specifically relating to theatre to apply and audition to drama school, and you certainly seem to have a wealth of experience already! Just go for it and see what happens, the worst that could happen is that you don't get in, and you never know! If you are new to auditioning Birmingham School of Acting also offer you feedback on your pieces at the audition, so might be a school worth considering! Good luck!

Thank you so much! It's so scary to even think that I am going to try and get in, but I guess if I never try I'll never know! X
Reply 476
Thank you so much! It's so scary to even think that I am going to try and get in, but I guess if I never try I'll never know! X

You just have to go for these things, otherwise you will only spend the rest of your life wondering 'what if...' and that is no way to live! It is scary, I first applied when I was 18, and it was scary then, I didn't get in - which is fine! Another thing to really focus on is that if you don't get in first time it's really not the end of the world (most people don't). I took a gap year, which turned into another gap year, and then found my own way into the industry - cut to 10 years later and I have just got into my first choice drama school! It was really scary to be applying again a whole 10 years after I first applied, and I honestly didn't expect to get in this time either! The moral of this story is to never give up on your dreams, and never let anyone else put you off following them! I think perseverance and determination is the key! Just enjoy the whole experience (because at the end of the day auditions can be a whole lot of fun as well as nerve racking!!)
I wish you the very very best of luck :biggrin:

I'd had no acting/drama experience apart from some primary school shows and early secondary school lesson. No GCSE Drama, Stagecoach, lessons, nothing.

At 18 I auditioned for a Level 3 College course in Performing Arts with NO audition experience previously behind me. 1 year and 6 months later I'm 2 months off finishing my second year, and I've already auditioned for a couple of Drama Schools and the National Youth Theatre.

My advice? Go for it. You never know. It was looking at Drama Schools in the first place that really gave me my motivation, taking a college course was the next logical step for me.

Good luck. :smile:
Original post by Actor2016
Hi, how long does it take for East 15 to let you know? Its been more than two weeks since audition..

Hi there, I hope you've heard now and got positive feedback about your audition. I have my audition tomorrow at East 15 and I wondered (apart from the 3rd speech) what happens in the afternoon recall? Did you have to sing a song to piano? Thank you in advance.
Hi guys has anyone got any offers yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending