The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Banks pay you for insight programmes; not the other way around.
Reply 2
Original post by TrojanH
Banks pay you for insight programmes; not the other way around.

I am pretty sure insight and spring programmes are not paid (with the exception of 2-week long GS spring programme). Only summer roles are paid.
Reply 3
Original post by spoli21
I am pretty sure insight and spring programmes are not paid (with the exception of 2-week long GS spring programme). Only summer roles are paid.

Paid as in; my ticket to London is paid, my accommodation is paid, my entrance to insight is paid. This is just s big waste of money. Especially as it's barely one day!
I agree. This is pointless, wasting money on information that is available on the internet. Doesn't even look good on the CV
yeah just wondered if worth it but yeah guess not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's be fair about this - the Young Investment Banker Programme is aimed at Sixth Formers - how many insight days are there for Sixth Formers? How many opportunities do Sixth Formers get to meet professionals and understand what the job is actually about? I went on this when I was in Sixth Form and I really enjoyed it. Insight days aren't great in my opinion - it's often full of juniors and HR trying to sell the same-old marketing blurb. The guys at InvestIN were all VP level and were fully honest about everything the job involves because they weren't in their offices when giving us the advice! There's also no way I would have understood Bid/Offer if I hadn't been on the course; to be honest banking is hard enough to understand anyway and this helped me loads. There are a couple of blogs from other guys who've actually been on the course here below. I know it's annoying to have to pay but I think it was really worth it. Plus it looked wicked on my UCAS form - I got asked about it at interview:
http://www.dldcollege.co.uk/young-investment-bankers-programme/
http://www.dldcollege.co.uk/young_investment_banking_programme/
Original post by WilliamChanguang
Let's be fair about this - the Young Investment Banker Programme is aimed at Sixth Formers - how many insight days are there for Sixth Formers? How many opportunities do Sixth Formers get to meet professionals and understand what the job is actually about? I went on this when I was in Sixth Form and I really enjoyed it. Insight days aren't great in my opinion - it's often full of juniors and HR trying to sell the same-old marketing blurb. The guys at InvestIN were all VP level and were fully honest about everything the job involves because they weren't in their offices when giving us the advice! There's also no way I would have understood Bid/Offer if I hadn't been on the course; to be honest banking is hard enough to understand anyway and this helped me loads. There are a couple of blogs from other guys who've actually been on the course here below. I know it's annoying to have to pay but I think it was really worth it. Plus it looked wicked on my UCAS form - I got asked about it at interview:

Well firstly there are sooo many opportunities and insight days out there for sixth formers and you meet current bankers at these events. Also the insight days look great when you start applying for SWs and interships, this programme wont look good at all, no point including it on a CV. You can learn all that using google, so much information out there. But if you benefited from it then at least it wasn't money wasted I guess.

Lol, there are tonnes of insight days where the bank reimburse you. This is for the people with more money than sense.

Stop advertising it so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't feel like it's worth it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be starting college in September, besides this what other insight days are there available for students in year 12? Preferably ones you don't have to pay for 😁
Original post by Axlerod
I'll be starting college in September, besides this what other insight days are there available for students in year 12? Preferably ones you don't have to pay for 😁

Nomura First Step is open to year 12s, so is BAML's Banking Uncovered.

The rest of the IB insights: JPM School Insight Day, MS Mixed Open Day, Credit Suisse A level insight day, HSBC Inspiring Potential, RBS Career Insight Programme; are all for year 13s.

As for non-IB: PwC has an insight week, HSBC has a work experience program (it's not IB but more retail, commercial and private banking), JPM has a back office work experience programme - all for year 12s+. Plus several more for year 13s.

Check out the student ladder website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
Nomura First Step is open to year 12s, so is BAML's Banking Uncovered.

The rest of the IB insights: JPM School Insight Day, MS Mixed Open Day, Credit Suisse A level insight day, HSBC Inspiring Potential, RBS Career Insight Programme; are all for year 13s.

As for non-IB: PwC has an insight week, HSBC has a work experience program (it's not IB but more retail, commercial and private banking), JPM has a back office work experience programme - all for year 12s+. Plus several more for year 13s.

Check out the student ladder website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the application procedure? Is there stuff like assessment centres for these?
Original post by Axlerod
What's the application procedure? Is there stuff like assessment centres for these?

Insight days = CV + Cover Letter/application questions (RBS has tests though)

PwC/HSBC weeks are the above + interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Insight days = CV + Cover Letter/application questions (RBS has tests though)

PwC/HSBC weeks are the above + interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks brah ☺️
Reply 16
Original post by Axlerod
Thanks brah ☺️

Bobby, how are u doing? still having problems with Chuck Rhoades?
Original post by spoli21
Bobby, how are u doing? still having problems with Chuck Rhoades?

Bruv that fat knobhead is doing my head in, respect to him tho his wife is buff
LOL investIn banking programme was the biggest waste of time ever , cant believe i wasted £300+ on one day - Just go on M&A you will learn just as much , plus the people who were presenting there couldn't care anything about you lol thanks for your £110.
Are you sponsored by them or something lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending