The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samir12
Premier League clubs are now to cap away tickets at £30 for the next three seasons as reported by BBC Sport.

Great news.

You imagine it helps fans of big clubs the most. I can't imagine bottom of the table match-ups attract high categorisation and therefore the ticket prices aren't probably too expensive now? I don't have any figures to hand though.
Original post by Zerforax
You imagine it helps fans of big clubs the most. I can't imagine bottom of the table match-ups attract high categorisation and therefore the ticket prices aren't probably too expensive now? I don't have any figures to hand though.

I was under the impression that it would help fans of the smaller clubs too if they want to go and watch their club play at say the Emirates. (Who are infact offering away tickets at an even lower rate of £26.)
Original post by samir12
I was under the impression that it would help fans of the smaller clubs too if they want to go and watch their club play at say the Emirates. (Who are infact offering away tickets at an even lower rate of £26.)

Well they would still probably be Category C tickets which range from £26-£38.50 (I think).

Compare that to Category A which can be closer to £100..
Jurgen Klopp news conference
Liverpool v Manchester United (Thursday, 20:05 GMT)
Posted at
16:20
Liverpool versus Manchester United. It won't just be competitive on the pitch, well according to Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.

The German says: "The fans can show that we can create a better atmosphere in the first leg than Manchester United in the second leg."

Shots fired :colondollar:
Milner doubt for tomorrow with a virus.
Jurgen Klopp news conference
Liverpool v Manchester United (Thursday, 20:05 GMT)
Posted at
16:20
Liverpool versus Manchester United. It won't just be competitive on the pitch, well according to Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.

The German says: "The fans can show that we can create a better atmosphere in the first leg than Manchester United in the second leg."

Shots fired :colondollar:

This is the time for revenge. They've embarrassed us twice this season and it feels like every time we face them, we throw it away by being unable to score.
If we lose tomorrow I can't see us going through. Not with the return leg at OT.

Just batter them 3-0 tomorrow and the tie will be over.
Easy.

Original post by mr tim
Milner doubt for tomorrow with a virus.

Shame to have him out considering he won't be playing our next PL game, however we have plenty of options to fill in for him.
Sturridge and Coutinho back means we could continue our usual 4-3-3 formation without any issues.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Shame to have him out considering he won't be playing our next PL game, however we have plenty of options to fill in for him.
Sturridge and Coutinho back means we could continue our usual 4-3-3 formation without any issues.

Who would fill in for Milner in the midfield?

Makes me think we might go back to a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana behind Sturridge?
Who would fill in for Milner in the midfield?

Makes me think we might go back to a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana behind Sturridge?

Sorry, quoted you without saying anything; see above.

Is Lucas still injured? I had in my head he wasn't but I'm unsure now. If he's out, I'd do 4-2-3-1 like you said.
Lovren has really impressed me recently; if Skrtel isn't ready, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in there.
Flanagan over Moreno. Please.
Original post by Lúcio
Sorry, quoted you without saying anything; see above.

Is Lucas still injured? I had in my head he wasn't but I'm unsure now. If he's out, I'd do 4-2-3-1 like you said.
Lovren has really impressed me recently; if Skrtel isn't ready, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in there.
Flanagan over Moreno. Please.

Yes I think Lucas is out for a month or 6 weeks or something.

Flanagan is not in the squad for the EL hence why he played at the weekend - giving Clyne a rest.

Flanagan is not in the squad for the EL hence why he played at the weekend - giving Clyne a rest.

Hahahaha maybe I should pay more attention....
Ahhhh yes, forgot about Flanagan not in EL squad - that's very unfortunate.
This is how I'd do it then:
Mignolet
Clyne - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno
Henderson - Can
Lallana - Firmino - Coutinho
Sturridge
More than enough to beat United there, no question.

I read 6 weeks the other day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Hahahaha maybe I should pay more attention....
Ahhhh yes, forgot about Flanagan not in EL squad - that's very unfortunate.
This is how I'd do it then:
Mignolet
Clyne - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno
Henderson - Can
Lallana - Firmino - Coutinho
Sturridge
More than enough to beat United there, no question.

Yea I can't really imagine anything else. Who knows, maybe Klopp will spring a surprise knowing that Man Utd will press hard for 15 minutes and then play safe/park the bus.
Yea I can't really imagine anything else. Who knows, maybe Klopp will spring a surprise knowing that Man Utd will press hard for 15 minutes and then play safe/park the bus.

LVG always makes United play well in big games.
The best we can do is intense pressure for the first half. If we can get ahead, we can do what we did to City and increase the gap when they attack.

Tbh, stopping them scoring is better than anything else. Mean's we'll be at a serious advantage in the 2nd leg due to away goals.
Original post by Lúcio
LVG always makes United play well in big games.
The best we can do is intense pressure for the first half. If we can get ahead, we can do what we did to City and increase the gap when they attack.

Tbh, stopping them scoring is better than anything else. Mean's we'll be at a serious advantage in the 2nd leg due to away goals.

DMs.

Can't wait for tonight.
Get the feeling today will drag..
Original post by Mackay
DMs.

Can't wait for tonight.

Wot?

Yeah I've been looking forward to it all week but we can't mess up tonight. Going to OT in the 2nd leg with a disadvantage is something I'm not sure we can overturn.
Original post by Lúcio
Wot?

Yeah I've been looking forward to it all week but we can't mess up tonight. Going to OT in the 2nd leg with a disadvantage is something I'm not sure we can overturn.

Get the feeling it will be a really cagey game (Man Utd not wanting to get beaten and us not trying not to concede).

Gah I just want us to absolutely thrash them. We've done it to a certain degree to the other big teams but I don't think we've hammered Man Utd recently? Guess there was that trio of penalties that Gerrard took in the title challenge and the Kuyt 10 yard total hattrick before that?
First 15-20 minutes will set the tone of the game but I can see this being like last seasons game at Anfield where United just passed it around us while we were chasing the ball like headless chickens and then Mata exploited Moreno's poor defending.
Get the feeling it will be a really cagey game (Man Utd not wanting to get beaten and us not trying not to concede).

Gah I just want us to absolutely thrash them. We've done it to a certain degree to the other big teams but I don't think we've hammered Man Utd recently? Guess there was that trio of penalties that Gerrard took in the title challenge and the Kuyt 10 yard total hattrick before that?

I really think we could do something similar to what we did to City.
We completely surpressed them and forced them in to mistakes.
United will have one eye on the FA Cup game and we should exploit this by running them ragged.

Score early and we're set.

Original post by samir12
First 15-20 minutes will set the tone of the game but I can see this being like last seasons game at Anfield where United just passed it around us while we were chasing the ball like headless chickens and then Mata exploited Moreno's poor defending.

I think by now we should've learned our lesson tbh.

We'll probably know exactly how the game will go by the 20 minute mark.
If we haven't scored or we're looking poor, it could be a long night.

Latest