The Student Room Group

Toxic Uni Facebook chat groups

You know sometimes you join a Facebook group for offer holders or freshers for next year for your respective Uni and they invite you to the chat and it's just so toxic...
Anyone?
Toxic in what way? I've not had that before. Lots of misinformation yes, but it's usually well meaning.
I've had that!
Tbh I don't get why people join those groups. You should just join the group of people doing the same course as you, because you'll actually be seeing these people on a regular basis.
Reply 4
Original post by The_Internet
I've had that!

:biggrin:
Original post by Neostigmine
Toxic in what way? I've not had that before. Lots of misinformation yes, but it's usually well meaning.

Like the group is basically full of elitists who don't respond to you unless you're a girl -_-
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GUMI
:biggrin:

Like the group is basically full of elitists who don't respond to you unless you're a girl -_-

Oh we had people who talked as a group, regardless of girl/guy., but there would be arguments any way..
Reply 6
Oh we had people who talked as a group, regardless of girl/guy., but there would be arguments any way..

Fair enough, I've tried starting/joining conversations but they would just ignore me idk... there's also some guy with a shirtless pic of himself who tries to hit on all the girls... yeah I left that group lol
Original post by GUMI
Fair enough, I've tried starting/joining conversations but they would just ignore me idk... there's also some guy with a shirtless pic of himself who tries to hit on all the girls... yeah I left that group lol

One assumes he won't actually get all that far with girls because he's trying far too hard
One assumes he won't actually get all that far with girls because he's trying far too hard

Pfah. I -like- posting shirtless pictures of myself.

Aww, yeah. Check out -that- shirtless pic, haters!
i find it highly triggering too
Reply 10
I found that most group chats have arguments and arrange meet ups and stuff. Which is nice. But i dont knos these people at all! I hope this isnt a representive of people actually at uni because most of them seem rude haha.

Quick Reply

Latest