The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And if you think all of us arguing against you have hurt feelings then your ability to understand people is very poor... an ability which is the hallmark of a great lawyer rather than one exam, may I point out.

And as for doubting me getting into Kings with an LNAT of 23, believe whatever you like

Original post by jonstran
Sure you did.

All these hurt feelings only do more to prove to me why higher LNATs are just that much more important. Less emotion, more reason. Not one of you that are so singularly (and laughably) focused on big-paying law firms are going to last two minutes if you're that easily moved to tears by someone saying something that challenges your self-assured little snuggle views of yourselves. You got into Kings on an LNAT of 23? Please.

Don't forget to apply for your "best and brighest" cash payouts.
Original post by jonstran
Sure you did.

All these hurt feelings only do more to prove to me why higher LNATs are just that much more important. Less emotion, more reason. Not one of you that are so singularly (and laughably) focused on big-paying law firms are going to last two minutes if you're that easily moved to tears by someone saying something that challenges your self-assured little snuggle views of yourselves. You got into Kings on an LNAT of 23? Please.

Don't forget to apply for your "best and brighest" cash payouts.

LNAT score of 31. Does that mean that then my son shouldn't go to the same university as you. Fortunately he doesn't agree with this nonsense. If a law professor at a top uni can get 19 it says plenty about the test.
Just got an email from Bristol saying that they're still considering my application. Tempted to withdraw soon. :frown:
Got an offer from Glasgow for Law & Politics this morning!! So happy :smile:
Original post by larademets

That is great! I'm really happy for you, Glasgow outranks Strathclyde too, well done!
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Just got an email from Bristol saying that they're still considering my application. Tempted to withdraw soon. :frown:

What were your grades and LNAT score? I got the same email...
I had the same as you! I've firmed Kings and put Bristol as back up as the grades are lower :smile:

Original post by HeisenbergWW
Bristol vs KCL? 😊

Why would you want to withdraw though?
Offer from Bristol this morning - finally good news after over 4 months!
Original post by larademets

I've applied for the same course but haven't heard anything yet... What is your offer? And dis they give any reasons as to why they were so slow?
hi :smile: may I ask why you turned down ucl over kings? I haven't gotten my ucl decision but since it's taking them so long I don't feel too confident and will probably be firming Kings. Though I am not as aware of what the student life is like there, so I just wanted to know what swayed your opinion towards kings? [QUOTE=mariewilliams;63289315]Just pointing out, LNAT scores have nothing to do with how well you debate and reason, a bad score can be reflective of a bad day or simply not enough preparation... And they aren't used as a definite, they are only used to boost an application, can I ask what your score was?

Secondly, the scholarships given out by Kings also allow those who couldnt afford to go to university a greater chance at succeeding and incentive to apply... for a university that is basically the same level as UCL, that is more philanthropic than those who see students simply as investments...

The hilarious thing is that if I hadn't turned down UCL, WITH my LNAT score of 23 and my predicted grades of A*A*A*A, then we would probably have been sitting in the same room together next year.:smile:
hey! It was mainly because I just loved the feel of Kings when i went to visit it, and it is a lot more European/ international, and having links with Zurich University, where I grew up and could go study again, and I've heard back from many people saying that UCL is more rigid and the social side isn't as good as KCL...

A combination of things really, plus Kings also has personal importance to me so it was always my first choice :smile:

Original post by srai243
hi :smile: may I ask why you turned down ucl over kings? I haven't gotten my ucl decision but since it's taking them so long I don't feel too confident and will probably be firming Kings. Though I am not as aware of what the student life is like there, so I just wanted to know what swayed your opinion towards kings?
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
I've applied for the same course but haven't heard anything yet... What is your offer? And dis they give any reasons as to why they were so slow?

Well I got the offer email, but it's not on track yet so as of right now I don't know my offer :smile: and no, I guess that they just get a lot of Law applications and unless you're in the group of people who get offers the day after they applied, it takes a while to sort all the applications out and compare applicants and everything. But if you applied before the deadline, they'll normally get back to you by the end of March. I hope you hear something soon :smile:
Original post by Al9121010
Why would you want to withdraw though?

Not really into the idea of going to Bristol anymore and it seems arbitrary to wait (I have no idea why I have been waiting - I guess I just wanted to keep my options open). I want to firm my top choice and get it over with now. :colondollar:
Not really into the idea of going to Bristol anymore and it seems arbitrary to wait (I have no idea why I have been waiting - I guess I just wanted to keep my options open). I want to firm my top choice and get it over with now. :colondollar:

They explained to me they are comparing against others. If you havn't had a rejection you are still in the running but you are basically somewhere in a list and as someone else turns an offer down they give it to the first in the ordered list and send a rejection to the last on the list. Problem is you don't know where you are on the list and when people will make their final choices so you could go all the way to May.

I told them either give me an offer or reject me as I have accomodation to sort out at other choices and can't do it until I firm. After that they sent me a semi rejection/sales pitch trying to get me to sign up for another course. Even though I told them I wasnt interested, they didnt release me from UCAS for another week hoping I would change my mind. I certainly wasn't happy with them messing about holding me up for another week due to an enforced sales pitch.
Anyway guys and gals, I've spent far too much of my time since SEP on these threads during the offer process. I got all my offers and now I better concetrate on passing my exams. Good luck to all still waiting/deciding.

Here my stat story for reference if anyone interested:

Perdicted IB 39 HL 6,6,6
LNAT 18

KCL > Wanted IB35 HL 6,6,7. Admin rejection before LNAT due to not having HL7 predicted. Checked with them before even applying and they said they would be lenient on this due to my HL subject choice. They weren't. A wasted choice thank you KCL, I will never deal with you again.

Oxford > Wanted IB38 HL6,6,6. Rejected pre interview on LNAT score.

Bristol > Wanted IB36 HL18. Withdrew/rejected after waiting in endless list.

QMUL > Wanted IB37 HL18 . Accepted firm choice.

Exeter > Wanted IB36. Accepted as insurance choice.

I'm outta ere
Original post by crocface
They explained to me they are comparing against others. If you havn't had a rejection you are still in the running but you are basically somewhere in a list and as someone else turns an offer down they give it to the first in the ordered list and send a rejection to the last on the list. Problem is you don't know where you are on the list and when people will make their final choices so you could go all the way to May.

I told them either give me an offer or reject me as I have accomodation to sort out at other choices and can't do it until I firm. After that they sent me a semi rejection/sales pitch trying to get me to sign up for another course. Even though I told them I wasnt interested, they didnt release me from UCAS for another week hoping I would change my mind. I certainly wasn't happy with them messing about holding me up for another week due to an enforced sales pitch.

Oh I see. :eek: I think I might withdraw sometime soon then, it's been obvious that I'm not in a favourable position for a while now anyway. Where did you decide on firming? :smile:

Edit: Just missed your post saying which you firmed. :biggrin:
Original post by atptcs
Got rejected by kcl's PPL due to poor LNAT... Does anyone know if it's likely to be in clearing so that I could reapply for it?

What did you get on your LNAT?
Original post by crocface

This doesnt sound much like a Bristol tactic to me - you sure you are actually talking about Bristol and not another Uni? In what form was this 'enforced sales pitch', and who exactly was it from?
I applied for Law with Spanish at Liverpool and received an offer and have firmed up on my offer from them! anyone else applied to Liverpool?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending