The Student Room Group

Birkbeck?

Basically, I'm thinking of applying to Birkbeck University for it's Journalism and media course. The modules look great, and I love the idea of the classes being in the night as well, because this gives me a chance to go out and get a job as I'm aware of how expensive it is to study in London.
However, one thing that concerns me is the fact that there will be a lot more mature students there. I know this makes the university great for networking, but I do want to meet people around my age also. Can anyone, maybe someone who's attended/attending Birkbeck give me some advice?
Reply 1
Aren't there any other university options you have? Birkbeck is a really low ranked university and i'm sure you can find a much better university?
Reply 2
Original post by bluh2
I agree with you! i am appyling for birkbeck as a back up and hopefully get into UCL or Kings, as my main aim is to be in central london. I THINK birkbeck is included in intercollegiate halls, so i am hoping that it would be possible to make friends with people of similar age there, as some of these halls are actually in really good locations.

You are aware that Birkbeck is amongst the worlds premier research intensive Universities and part of UoL? http://www.topuniversities.com/universities/birkbeck-university-london
Reply 3
I was referring to the second post.. "Aren't there any other university options you have? Birkbeck is a really low ranked university " =)
Reply 4
Original post by marlo45
I was referring to the second post.. "Aren't there any other university options you have? Birkbeck is a really low ranked university " =)

oh right hahaha
Reply 5
Original post by bluh2
oh right hahaha

Hehe, good luck with your choice though, sounds like you got some good options lined up!!
Original post by abssy
Aren't there any other university options you have? Birkbeck is a really low ranked university and i'm sure you can find a much better university?

What planet are you living on?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
I have considered Birkbeck for Law, I found it to be okay. It is a good university for students who want to undertake a part-time work during the day.
As to ranking, it is in the 1% of top Universities as far as I remember. However, I must say that University rankings are so wrong and people should not pay much attention to it, unless you are striving to apply to Oxbridge.
Reply 8
Original post by RomanKing
What planet are you living on?

Birkbeck is not a well reputated uni though. People are not even well aware of the university in general.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending