The Student Room Group

any indians in an interracial relationship

i am an indian girl in a relationship with a black guy, i am bearing his child and my parents do not know that we are still in communication with each other, i do not know what to do i am so stuck, my mum was crying all day and night when she found out i had a black boyfriend and my dad was just really upset but mainly angry, i dont know what to do i cant hide anything for much longer

Scroll to see replies

sh*t escalated at black boyfriend!

oh girl no *clutches chest*

my mum would kill me if I had a black girlfriend :toofunny:
my father would be upset but he might understand if I liked the chocolate :perv:

anyway does your mum know you're pregnant? how old are you??? :eek2:

Original post by AaliyahEasy
i am an indian girl in a relationship with a black guy, i am bearing his child and my parents do not know that we are still in communication with each other, i do not know what to do i am so stuck, my mum was crying all day and night when she found out i had a black boyfriend and my dad was just really upset but mainly angry, i dont know what to do i cant hide anything for much longer
Oh god I dread to think what would happen if I got preggers by a black guy..

Could you get an abortion or give it for adoption?
Reply 3
I'm in a relationship with a non-Indian, but he's not black. Sadly, Indian parents are incredibly racist and black people are seen as the lowest of the low, in their eyes. My parents would be so mad either way tbh :/

Does your bf know you're pregnant? How old are you and have you thought about abortion?
Most Asian parents would be upset if you got pregnant by a non-Asian, regardless if he is black. I honestly would say an abortion(Please forgive me for saying this)... But it would be better than your parents disowning you.
all these interracial relationships these days with so many problems. sorry to say but why the f*** are Asian parents so bloody racist!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh god I dread to think what would happen if I got preggers by a black guy..

What would happen?...

Original post by loveleest
Most Asian parents would be upset if you got pregnant by a non-Asian, regardless if he is black. I honestly would say an abortion(Please forgive me for saying this)... But it would be better than your parents disowning you.

Nothing is better than parents disowning you. But nothing is also worse than parents disowning you. So in that case, keep the kid.
Original post by somesomebody
What would happen?...

Nothing is better than parents disowning you. But nothing is also worse than parents disowning you. So in that case, keep the kid.

I would rather her just abort it man. Like she won't get any support from her family, or her family could just turn against her leaving her into depression.It would just make life more difficult for her. Or she can give it up for adoption
Original post by coolboy101101
all these interracial relationships these days with so many problems. sorry to say but why the f*** are Asian parents so bloody racist!

A lot of them don't want to date outside their religion (You don't find any non-asian hindus or non-asian sikh's) but overall I just think that is a ******** excuse.
I would rather her just abort it man. Like she won't get any support from her family, or her family could just turn against her leaving her into depression.It would just make life more difficult for her. Or she can give it up for adoption

I asked OP her age, she didn't answer anyone yet but if she's older than 17 she should be working, and so should her guy if he's not a deadbeat. If she's 16 or younger, dole obvs.
I asked OP her age, she didn't answer anyone yet but if she's older than 17 she should be working, and so should her guy if he's not a deadbeat. If she's 16 or younger, dole obvs.

Anything under 20 is still very young to me IMO, I feel like 17 and a job would NOT be enough because she would still be in full time education...Life would just be too difficult for her. She could drop of school and find someone that would take care of her child but that might be seen as a chore if her parents are not willing to accept the child being part black.

What would happen?...

Any parent that disowns their child because they're with someone from a different race, religion etc. are not fit to be parents. I think it's a good way to see if you're parents really love you, or if they care more about "family honour" or what the community thinks of them. So I would say it's not the worst thing that could happen. I don't think OP should care (depending on her age ofc).
Original post by drowzee
Any parent that disowns their child because they're with someone from a different race, religion etc. are not fit to be parents. I think it's a good way to see if you're parents really love you, or if they care more about "family honour" or what the community thinks of them. So I would say it's not the worst thing that could happen. I don't think OP should care (depending on her age ofc).

Yeah definitely. I used to have close Asian friends, and they told me that their parents would disown them if they married a non-Asian...I thought it was ridiculous.
Original post by drowzee
Any parent that disowns their child because they're with someone from a different race, religion etc. are not fit to be parents. I think it's a good way to see if you're parents really love you, or if they care more about "family honour" or what the community thinks of them.

Well said. :five:
I can't believe your parents reacted that strongly about his background, he's a human ffs.
Reply 17
sh*t escalated at black boyfriend!

oh girl no *clutches chest*

my mum would kill me if I had a black girlfriend :toofunny:
my father would be upset but he might understand if I liked the chocolate :perv:

anyway does your mum know you're pregnant? how old are you??? :eek2:

PRSOM :rofl:
Yeah definitely. I used to have close Asian friends, and they told me that their parents would disown them if they married a non-Asian...I thought it was ridiculous.

I think my parents would do the same tbh :/ It is ridiculous. We're in the 21st century and in a majority white country, with many other ethnicities living here. To try and stop their children dating/marrying people from other backgrounds is not only bigoted, but very insular.

Original post by Hydeman
Well said. :five:

Thank you :h:

Hello I just looked back and didn't expect so many people messaging back helping me I'm very great ful, I apologise I should have mentioned we are both 19 years old and I do work and so does he, our finances are very good to be honest so money is won't be an issue. I also believe that aborting the child would be so wrong, I went through an abortion before because I was raped in 2014. And I could never give my child over to someone else to raise adoption is a no no. I know I got myself in a bad bad situation :frown: I feel like my last option is to write a letter and just running away.
A women posted that she is in a relationship with a non-Indian, if you had told your parents about your man and if you got pregnant by him what would your family say? If you don't mind me asking, what ethnicity is your man from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending