The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paediatric84
Fingers crossed for you, thinking about it I probably tried too hard. Kicking myself for some of the things I said, I could of chosen better examples xx

I've started thinking that now! I feel I went on about something far too much and not enough on the other bits!

Did you ask any questions ? X
Original post by SparklyToes
I've started thinking that now! I feel I went on about something far too much and not enough on the other bits!

Did you ask any questions ? X

Yeah I did. I must of sounded a real muppet, I asked something along the lines of "after interviewing me, and hearing what I have to say, can you give me any guidance on what I could research to further my knowledge." Then I asked about any recommended books. What about you? Xx
I just didn't like Salford for the holidays as it didn't suit my kids school timetables etc it was purely for practical reasons.
I'd say the main difference is that the workload at Salford is spread more evenly over the 3 years I think whereas Manchester they ease you in gently. And Manchester are split weeks so 3 days uni 2 days placement and Salford is in blocks so say 6 weeks uni 6 weeks placement.

How long did it take for Manchester to get back to you ? X

Oh I see! I'm really struggling to choose which would be best for me, block of placements or regular placements... It's so hard to decide! And surprisingly it took about 2 days for the uni of Manchester to reply! However, they said replies would be quick... I didn't think it would be that quick! And thank you:smile: X
HI, if you don`t mind me asking when did you have your Salford interview? x
Yeah I did. I must of sounded a real muppet, I asked something along the lines of "after interviewing me, and hearing what I have to say, can you give me any guidance on what I could research to further my knowledge." Then I asked about any recommended books. What about you? Xx
Original post by Millie_09
HI, if you don`t mind me asking when did you have your Salford interview? x

In November, to be honest I'm not expecting anything as it went so badly, firstly the maths was really hard, then a lad starting arguing with a girl in our group discussion, then I was interviewed by one women who wasn't nice. My experience wasn't great and I won't go to Salford at all. Some people had good experiences though, I was unlucky to get the group and interviewer I got xx
Oh wow, that most definitely has been a long wait.
I`m sorry to hear that, but to have an interview at Manchester is pretty impressive & works better with your timings I figure.
Also, I do agree the maths test was probably the hardest out of all the ones I had,( though lack of revision may have contributed towards that for me).
But Thank you for responding! x Good Luck with Manchester
In November, to be honest I'm not expecting anything as it went so badly, firstly the maths was really hard, then a lad starting arguing with a girl in our group discussion, then I was interviewed by one women who wasn't nice. My experience wasn't great and I won't go to Salford at all. Some people had good experiences though, I was unlucky to get the group and interviewer I got xx
Within a week! I was about 7 rows back! I felt the day dragged on an a lot of waiting around for a 5 minute chat 😂

I felt it went ok but you just never know! Got home to a rejection from Salford! Although after today I don't think I liked Salford anyway as the holidays don't match the kids school whereas manchesters do x

When did you interview for Salford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
QUOTE=tracijune;63304031]When did you interview for Salford?

Only last week, I was in an awful group interview and I know I messed up the literacy and went into detail of the psychology side of research done rather than what the actual question was asking! I also didn't click with the woman interviewing.

Do you have a gut feeling which uni you prefer? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
QUOTE=tracijune;63304031]When did you interview for Salford?

Only last week, I was in an awful group interview and I know I messed up the literacy and went into detail of the psychology side of research done rather than what the actual question was asking! I also didn't click with the woman interviewing.

Do you have a gut feeling which uni you prefer? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it on Friday? I think I was at the same interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune

Was it on Friday? I think I was at the same interview.

No mine was Thursday xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was the Manchester interview. I have an interview. What can I expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abcdeabcde
How was the Manchester interview. I have an interview. What can I expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was fine, very relaxed the 1-1 was only about 5-10 mins long: most the day was filling in forms and learning about the uni X
Has anyone had an offer from Leeds?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1413
Had my interview at CArdiff on the 25th, just wondering if anyone had heard back yet? :smile: zx
Has anyone had an offer from Leeds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got one yesterday! How about you?
Original post by Emma_Jade
I got one yesterday! How about you?

Not yet! I'm anxiously waiting. When did you have your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not yet! I'm anxiously waiting. When did you have your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This Monday, the 7th. When did you have yours?
This Monday, the 7th. When did you have yours?

Me too, same date! Oh I'm worried I've not heard anything now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too, same date! Oh I'm worried I've not heard anything now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I remember you! We were in the same group discussion? :smile: don't panic! I'm sure they're just working their way through everyone X
I think I remember you! We were in the same group discussion? :smile: don't panic! I'm sure they're just working their way through everyone X

Were you sat next to me, white shirt? Congratulations on your offer by the way, don't think I've said that yet because I was too busy panicking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending