The Student Room Group

Student and Teacher, should I go for him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
Ok can I just say, a lot of people are saying just back away. It's not as easy that. I seriously like this guy, and he likes me too. We've hung out multiple times, and like I'm seriously attached to this guy. I can't just stop talking to him just like that.

All I'm gonna say is, you came here for advice; but everyone who comes here for advice always subconsciously knows what they're going to do. Don't be surprised when people tell you not to do what you want. But while it's perfectly legal, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a no student-teacher relationship policy at the school/college; so if you two get found out, which is possible because everyone makes mistakes, it will cost him his job and potentially his career. If you're going to go for it (which I suspect you will) just be very careful.

At the end of the day you can think of me as "that slightly more sensible voice in my head".
No. A neighbour would just think I'm his girlfriend, since we look the same age.

You can't predict what anybody is going to think, soz. You may think he looks young and of a similar age but not everyone will and since they likely know he's a teacher it wouldn't take a rocket scientist for one of them to think "maybe that's a student".

It doesn't matter how much you like him or whine about how young he looks, he can lose his career over this. I seriously hope you're either trolling or this guy sees sense.
If you really want to be with him, then a good thing to do would be to wait till your out of 6th form and listen to what he says about being nervous and scared, give him room and wait. If you wait then i'm sure your relationship will be better than what it is now seeing as you would have no worries of being caught. In my opinion, i don't think you should've instigated the situation because you never know what will happen now seeing as it seems like there is a bit of friction because of what has happened and plus if you do carry on and get caught he might hate you for what would happen and you would never be in a relationship with him. So i'm sure you'd rather be with him than be at loss.
Like everyone else has said here, wait until you're done with school. If you truly care for him and hope he doesn't lose his job, just wait a few more months.
Original post by Eternalflames
Like everyone else has said here, wait until you're done with school. If you truly care for him and hope he doesn't lose his job, just wait a few more months.

Original post by Andy98
All I'm gonna say is, you came here for advice; but everyone who comes here for advice always subconsciously knows what they're going to do. Don't be surprised when people tell you not to do what you want. But while it's perfectly legal, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a no student-teacher relationship policy at the school/college; so if you two get found out, which is possible because everyone makes mistakes, it will cost him his job and potentially his career. If you're going to go for it (which I suspect you will) just be very careful.

At the end of the day you can think of me as "that slightly more sensible voice in my head".

Yeah. I don't even know how it can all stop, I mean I'm stuck with those revision sessions till April anyway. Even if I wanted to the sixth form won't let me drop out of those revision sessions. They're mandatory.
Reply 45
How can you be sure that if after you leave your Sixth form and you both get into relationship he wont **** with other students?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah. I don't even know how it can all stop, I mean I'm stuck with those revision sessions till April anyway. Even if I wanted to the sixth form won't let me drop out of those revision sessions. They're mandatory.

Say you don't understand with that teacher and for another tutor.
Original post by In2u
How can you be sure that if after you leave your Sixth form and you both get into relationship he wont **** with other students?

OP, ^^ this is an important point to consider
Original post by Inexorably
For the love of God, please don't do anything 'serious' with him until you have left 6th form.

You are both jeopardising your futures (him moreso than you) and he has a right to be worried.

Even after she's left sixth form she could still easily ruin his career. Schools view teachers sleeping with former pupils (at least recent former pupils) almost as badly as they view teachers sleeping with current pupils.
Reply 49

Let me ask a question, just to see how relatable your brain is to mine. Do you have these voices in your head when you make decisions? I do, there's usually one going "**** yeah!", one going "**** no!", and one going "Well, I guess it won't hurt if I'm careful". My best decisions have come from listening to the last one.
Original post by Andy98
Let me ask a question, just to see how relatable your brain is to mine. Do you have these voices in your head when you make decisions? I do, there's usually one going "**** yeah!", one going "**** no!", and one going "Well, I guess it won't hurt if I'm careful". My best decisions have come from listening to the last one.

Exactly this! I mean I know for a fact that this can remain between us two. I can keep my mouth shut and I know I can pretend like I have no idea who he is if I walk past him in the corridor or something. It just feels like deep downI'm here because I want validation for people to tell me that what I'm doing isn't that bad.
Original post by In2u

Because I know how nervous he was with me. He didn't instigate any of it, it was all on me.
Reply 52
Because I know how nervous he was with me. He didn't instigate any of it, it was all on me.

You probably watched a bit too much of Pretty Little Liars
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
Exactly this! I mean I know for a fact that this can remain between us two. I can keep my mouth shut and I know I can pretend like I have no idea who he is if I walk past him in the corridor or something. It just feels like deep downI'm here because I want validation for people to tell me that what I'm doing isn't that bad.

Thought so - that's why everyone comes tbh (even if they don't know it). The thing is, it's not just a case of blanking him in the corridors; it's a case of the pair of you keeping the glimmer out of your eyes when talking about the other. Realistically it's a good four or five years before you're theoretically safe in terms of his career....
Let's be realistic, OP is a stupid teenage girl, she will one day get upset about something, some TED talk on feminism and campus rape will inspire her and, coupled with the lack of attention the teacher is giving her, she will report him to the school, ruin his career and then get showered with gifts and reassurements on how brave she was.

So my conclusion is go ahead and bang him, at this point the outcome is going to be the same.
Original post by LibertyMan
Let's be realistic, OP is a stupid teenage girl, she will one day get upset about something, some TED talk on feminism and campus rape will inspire her and, coupled with the lack of attention the teacher is giving her, she will report him to the school, ruin his career and then get showered with gifts and reassurements on how brave she was.

So my conclusion is go ahead and bang him, at this point the outcome is going to be the same.

LOL this made me giggle. I certainly will not do such a thing. I would never report him, and he knows that too.
No. You'll ruin their career, no matter how young they are.
Reply 57
Just bloody stop. Don't even wait until you finish sixth form. Stop it.
LOL this made me giggle. I certainly will not do such a thing. I would never report him, and he knows that too.

That's a pretty big vow to make. Even if he doesn't want a relationship and cuts off all contact with you? And on top of that bangs your friends who are still in sixth form? You have a lot of power, and you need to resist all temptation to use it.
I think you should carry on with it, something like this comes along once in a lifetime. It's illegal if your under 16

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending